• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These two clowns.... I tell ya . We sure could use Ramsey or Iwobi as an option in mid and bring in Pepe who can't even get on the pitch when we need a goal .

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is painful to see first Xhaka and now Freddie talking about the low confidence of the team and being scared. Obviously Unai should have been sacked much earlier to prevent the poor form from influencing the team deeply. Who let Unai occupying the position so long? It's the upper hierarchy. Josh is untouchable unless Stan says something. But Sanllehi's position should be seriously reviewed at the end of this season. Making the aim of this club from finishing top-four to struggling for a Europa place is a big big downgrade. It took me a few years to realize 2m-per-year Gazidis' real contribution to the club. Now it takes only a few months to know Sanllehi. The diamond-eye left, some coaching staff in Wenger era left, and some hard-working employees on the club's basic level slowly being asked to leave. How could things descend into this current state?

In the past, the club lost its best players like RvP Cesc for various reasons, but at least the team still playing CL. Now the team is in peril with the risk of losing Aubameyang and Lacazette on free in a season or two and no hope of CL next season. As a fan, I really care less and less about the team. Staying up 3 a.m to watch a 'scared' display from the team is unwise to my health. A few seasons ago I had a chance to get a season ticket. Sad to say this, but now it seems my decision not taking it is justified.

To those in power at the upper seats, ACT! This club didn't move from Highbury to Emirates in order to play in Europa League (..if still a chance)!!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Should've kicked Sanllehi to the curb and kept Mislintat at all costs.

pacstud

Should've kicked Sanllehi to the curb and kept Mislintat at all costs.
I don't understand this. Sven did us no favors either. Why is he deified.

These two clowns.... I tell ya . We sure could use Ramsey or Iwobi as an option in mid and bring in Pepe who can't even get on the pitch when we need a goal .

Ramsey = Injured

Iwobi = WORTH THE MONEY WE JUST HAVE TO SPEND IT WISELY. He's been average at BEST this year.

pacstud

Are you kidding?
Not even a little. It's been covered elsewhere. His track record is no better/worse. Additionally, the current roster moves (last 12 months) still have a jury waiting out.

Those from before have almost all been failures to one degree or another.

al-Ustaadh

Not even a little. It's been covered elsewhere. His track record is no better/worse. Additionally, the current roster moves (last 12 months) still have a jury waiting out.

Those from before have almost all been failures to one degree or another.
Mislintat was an excellent addition. Think he fits the direction we're most definitely headed now: youth. It sucks we lost diamond eyes.

Guendouzi, Torreira, Leno, and Aubameyang were great additions. Sokratis is questionable now. But I think overall that window was much better than this past summer's (and I realize Auba was a January addition).

blaze_of_glory

Mislintat was an excellent addition. Think he fits the direction we're most definitely headed now: youth. It sucks we lost diamond eyes.

Guendouzi, Torreira, Leno, and Aubameyang were great additions. Sokratis is questionable now. But I think overall that window was much better than this past summer's.
Not sure on Torreira, but overall agree. The recruitment this past summer seems horrendous at this point.

al-Ustaadh

Not sure on Torreira, but overall agree. The recruitment this past summer seems horrendous at this point.
I don't think Torreira is as bad as most make out. The issue has more to do with the league going in the direction of very athletic and mobile midfielders. At the same time, we don't have the kind of midfielders to match up with him (I don't like Xhaka).

Torreira reads the game very well. Almost as good as Kante in my opinion. He's just on the slower end (and short).

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Guendouzi, Torreira, Leno, and Aubameyang were great additions. Sokratis is questionable now. But I think overall that window was much better than this past summer's (and I realize Auba was a January addition).

And yet none of them really improved the team as a whole. He's failed to fix the most important issues when he was working here.
I don't give him credit for Aubameyang because he was already an elite player when he's joined us, it doesn't take a genius to sign him if he's available.

Not saying he's a fraud, but he didn't do a great job during his time at Arsenal.

pacstud

I don't slag our players as much as others. I think strong arguments can be made for your list. But also arguments against.

Same for current batch.

For me, it's less about who we've gotten and more about ignoring positional deficiencies (CB in particular).

That being said, long-game management says you can't fix everything in one or four windows.

I'm not knocking Sven per se, but I don't idolize him while condemning BDR as so many have taken to.

al-Ustaadh

And yet none of them really improved the team as a whole. He's failed to fix the most important issues when he was working here.
I don't give him credit for Aubameyang because he was already an elite player when he's joined us, it doesn't take a genius to sign him if he's available.

Not saying he's a fraud, but he didn't do a great job during his time at Arsenal.
Not even Leno? Are you kidding me?

Guendouzi is for the future. We paid peanuts for him and now he's worth at least 5 times that.

Torreira was great at first - don't know what's happened since (besides Emery trying to turn him into Banega 2.0). But as I said above, I just think it's the direction the league has headed and that we don't have the necessary midfielders to match up with him.

Auba was great... But he was at Dortmund. Mislintat's ties had to have helped in those negotiations.

Sanllehi's one of these people who's ****ing this **** up in my opinion.

al-Ustaadh

I don't slag our players as much as others. I think strong arguments can be made for your list. But also arguments against.

Same for current batch.

For me, it's less about who we've gotten and more about ignoring positional deficiencies (CB in particular).

That being said, long-game management says you can't fix everything in one or four windows.

I'm not knocking Sven per se, but I don't idolize him while condemning BDR as so many have taken to.
I'd like to see Chambers and Holding paired up. It's like Luiz, Mustafi, and Sokratis have zero positional awareness.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not even Leno? Are you kidding me?

Guendouzi is for the future. We paid peanuts for him and now he's worth at least 5 times that.

Torreira was great at first - don't know what's happened since (besides Emery trying to turn him into Banega 2.0). But as I said above, I just think it's the direction the league has headed and that we don't have the necessary midfielders to match up with him.

Auba was great... But he was at Dortmund. Mislintat's ties had to have helped in those negotiations.

Sanllehi's one of these people who's ****ing this **** up in my opinion.

Guendouzi is no better a signing than Martinelli..... the quality of the players we signed with Mislintat isn't any better than the quality we have signed post him. The rot in the team can't be solved just by signing one or two Guendouzi/Martinelli every season, you need to sign a bunch of them. And Mislintat failed to do that.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The rot in the team can't be solved just by signing one or two Guendouzi/Martinelli every season, you need to sign a bunch of them. And Mislintat failed to do that.

You are talking about young talents? Mislintat actually signed two players of that sort: Guendouzi and Mavropanos. And he was our head of recruitment when we started to look at Saliba so it isnt crazy to assume that Mislintat recommended him. Yes, i know that Mavropanos hasnt developed much since his arrival but injuries and our decision to not send him on loan to Bundesliga can explain that, at least partially.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another thing that is really underachieving under Raul, Vinai, Hussein (overseen by Josh) is the players' contracts. Aubameyang's contract is until 2021 summer and Lacazette's is until 2022. Both strikers' current wages are not over 300-k so if the club rush to sell, there might still be some willing buyers.

In contrast, Özil's contract and wage is a problem unless wealthy elite clubs coming to buy. I have been very baffled why Unai left Özil out so often. Then there were reports that it is a strategy to force Özil to move elsewhere. Maybe Unai's decision was kinda being influenced by the hierarchy. Or maybe it was down to Unai's poort man-management, which is well reported since his PSG day. But no coach/manager would ignore Özil's calibre and experience. This would lead to another question. If Özil's wage is a problem for the club, why extended his contract at the first place? So that the financial report would look good? But Arsenal now is a privately owned. There seems to be a lack of coherent strategy in terms of contract extension.

My impression that this club is run by a group of people with smaller minds. As long as they k*** the owner's ***, they will get their way into the power roles. Gazidis was on 2M per year, then Milan courted him with 2.4M offer and he was off to Italy. On a side note, some reports mentioning the hierarchy's obession with StatDNA and the change of atmosphere as some senior employees on the ground leaving. It is getting worse. It is not opening a new chapter of getting back to the top after the Wenger era. It is a new chapter witnessing the incompetence of the hierarchy and mid-table team performance. (sigh) Why should I care?

scytheavatar

Established Member
You are talking about young talents? Mislintat actually signed two players of that sort: Guendouzi and Mavropanos. And he was our head of recruitment when we started to look at Saliba so it isnt crazy to assume that Mislintat recommended him. Yes, i know that Mavropanos hasnt developed much since his arrival but injuries and our decision to not send him on loan to Bundesliga can explain that, at least partially.

My point is that people want to pretend Mislintat is some magic guru and we would be in a much better position right now if he had stayed with us..... that's nonsense. Mislintat hasn't done anything to suggest to save the team by himself, or that he is irreplaceable.

al-Ustaadh

Guendouzi is no better a signing than Martinelli..... the quality of the players we signed with Mislintat isn't any better than the quality we have signed post him. The rot in the team can't be solved just by signing one or two Guendouzi/Martinelli every season, you need to sign a bunch of them. And Mislintat failed to do that.
Just fundamentally disagree.

Top Bottom