• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think this video encapsulates my issues with our hierarchy:

I think the biggest problem is the lazy approach to filling the gaps. We don't have money, we should be targeting young but promising players, gambles - yes totally, but would likely do better than the old sh!te we've signed up.

They'll be on much lower wages AND be much easier to shift on if they don't work out because of this and may still command a good fee simply because the promise may still be there.

Take Torreira for example, I don't think he's been a flop but a few people don't like him here, fair enough. I reckon we'd be able to shift him fairly easily if we wanted to and possibly for more than we bought him for as he's young and still has promise.

If we bought Nzonzi that Emery apparently wanted and he bombed we'd be looking at a dead asset that we probably couldn't move on, it's really that simple.

F*ck Raul and f*ck the rest of hierarchy.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really pleased with the move to tie down the three deals. Luiz adds much needed experience to our back line and fits the way Arteta intends to play, Mari has talent and will grow into his role and Cedric offers much needed backup to Bellerin.

Fantastic work by the club but the idiots here won’t see it. I’m sure we will supplement this work by moving on one or two of the surplus centre backs and bringing in one more quality name. Plus, the impending arrival of Saliba. I’m excited
What experience does Luiz bring exactly? How to throw away a game in an instant? People go on about experience but it really means nothing if you’re a shiyte football player. Litchensteiner was experienced too no? Compare to say Ryan Giggs in his later years who still had ability to supplement his experience. I wont even bring up his wage....

Mari is possibly the best of the 3 by virtue of no one really knowing how he’ll turn out although 2 years in the spanish 2nd division and a stint in Brazil is hardly something to get excited about.

Cedric it would seem as though Southampton couldn’t wait to be rid of. Kind of says it all really. Can anyone remember this guy having a decent game? Not to say he’s a terrible player but usually people can recall players playing well in the premiership.

overall I cannot see how you could possibly be happy with any of that, especially if you’re expecting to progress which we desperately need at the moment.
I will be the first to hold my hands up if they all turn out brilliant but somehow I very much doubt that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In Amy we trust.

Force that fraud Raul out of our club. Just look at his work at Barcelona everything was sketchy including that Neymar deal he was involved in.

roz

Fake News Merchant
All the frauds on here conveniently dreaming up agent conspiracy theories being exposed.

Love to see it
You dont find it even a little strange that of alllllllllllll the right backs we could of gone after we go for one of Kias Southampton rejects?

blaze_of_glory

https://arseblog.com/2020/06/good-news-bad-news-contract-extensions-and-convenient-relationships/

Some good points in here I think.

And yet, let me paint you a scenario for a second. Imagine this was going on at another club:

Imaginary FC’s Technical Director shares an agent with a veteran centre-half who has just signed a new contract at his current club, but after Imaginary FC’s captain, who has given 9 years of sterling service basically goes on strike to force a move after ‘months of discussions’, the veteran centre-half can no longer countenance the idea of playing for his current club and ends up signing for Imaginary FC for a large transfer fee based on his age, large wages, and large intermediary fees which could see one year cost up to £24m.

Said agent, who watches games from the Director’s Box with the Technical Director and the Head of Football, then brings another of his clients to Imaginary FC. They had been linked with a left-back from his roster who plays elsewhere, but out of the blue he sorts out a loan deal, which costs Imaginary FC in the region of £5m all told, for a right-back who arrives to sign his temporary contract in a knee brace.

Some time previously, Imaginary FC had been looking for a new head coach after the esteemed long-serving manager departed. There were all kinds of names being linked with the job, but out of the blue a supposedly safe but uninspiring appointment is made. That new manager is represented by an agent who has a close relationship with Imaginary FC’s Head of Football. That new manager doesn’t speak any English yet on the interviewing panel only one of the members speak his language, so who did he convince to get the job – or how did the other two members become convinced?

Fast forward a bit, and that very same agent has a Spanish central defender on his books, playing in Brazil and doing well there having scratched around for most of his career in the Spanish second division. In the January transfer window, Imaginary FC bring said defender to the club on loan … no wait there’s a hiccup over money he’s gone back to Brazil and … hang on, he’s back … it’s all sorted now. Those money issues are solved.

What would you think?

Here’s how it looks from an Arsenal point of view:

Head of Football – Raul Sanllehi.
Technical Director – Edu (his agent is Kia Joorabchian).
Veteran centre-half – David Luiz (his agent is Kia Joorabchian).
Injured right-back – Cedric Soares (his agent is Kia Joorabchian).
Spanish centre-half – Pablo Mari (his agent is Arturo Canales, the man who represented Unai Emery, and a close associate of Raul Sanllehi).

Even if some people might have concerns about where money is going, I’m sure everything is above board and legal. The question is, are these players the best players that Arsenal could have got, or simply players that suit our needs from agents with whom we clearly have very cosy relationships? Is that ‘just how it works’ or does it suit other people far more than it suits Arsenal? Do you stop to wonder why Sanllehi was so opposed to the idea of Arsenal appointing a former player to the board, particularly when it was suggested to me that part of his proposed remit would have been a measure of oversight on football matters?

I think this is the biggest disappointment I've ever had with Arsenal.

This transfers for me at least show the guys who should be making sure we are moving forward are more concerned keeping all the money in their own circle.

I know Edu was one of the worst we could go for after reading some reports on him from Brazil but I never thought he would treat us like this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn’t be a bad period for Arsenal at The Emirates, without Petit saying how crap we are :lol:

He has a point this time though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
OK the Kroenkes are putting nothing into the club, just see it as a business investment BUT seeing us slide down the table with dodgy transfer dealings and lame recruitment can't be in their interest.

We're an absolute mess now. Mikel should walk before it gets worse and he ends up on the same scrap heap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom