• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,186

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Pope is a good goalkeeper but I don’t think we should be spending any money on a backup in that position when funds are so tight and we’ve got bigger needs elsewhere.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pope is a good goalkeeper but I don’t think we should be spending any money on a backup in that position when funds are so tight and we’ve got bigger needs elsewhere.

Fair, but 10m isn't going to hurt us and Pope would be on less than Cech is currently getting. We'd also have sold Ospina.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hasn't Martinez been doing pretty well at reading? Can't he be back up?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Only will take Che Adams because his name great name. we need to replace welbeck so any decent striker will do specially if he is young we have tow elite strikers not worried about that position

With a name like Che, he would be an enormous favorite at El Comandante pub just a shout from the stadium. Hasta la victoria siempre!

Feels like Nzoni has been around forever. How old is he? Are we going to sign him with the best years behind him?

I can probably survive with us signing one or two old pals of Emery but if we sign more the next time you will hear from some hydro is when hydrofluoric acid. start posting months after I disappear.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know nothing about Banega and I know we shouldn't be signing him

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
... the Xhaka thread when they realise their boy next up on Emerys hit list.

giphy.gif

dire targets though. :(

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Fair, but 10m isn't going to hurt us and Pope would be on less than Cech is currently getting. We'd also have sold Ospina.
Its 10 mil less to spend on higher quality players elsewhere. Arent we done paying 10m on average ****? Hes not even an upgrade.

Great name fo sho tho'

truth_hurts

Its 10 mil less to spend on higher quality players elsewhere. Arent we done paying 10m on average ****? Hes not even an upgrade.

Great name fo sho tho'

Arguable to be honest, I think Leno has the higher ceiling, but as a premier league keeper so far - I'd give Pope the edge.

What we don't want next year is a 'Bellerin' situation. If we can bring in quality back up at a low cost then we absolutely should do. Pope is proven Premier League quality, so for the sake of 10m bring him in. 10m is a drop in the ocean. This wouldn't be an EL Nenny budget signing, rather it would be a very smart signing that doesn't leave us open if a player gets injured.

Our keeper is good, so we only need quality back up. Our strikers are quality, so all we need is a Welbeck-level option. Major investment needs to happen in areas of the pitch where we have sellable assets i.e. CB where we could sell Chambers and Mustafi, LB where we could sell Kolasinac and CM where we could sell Xhaka, Maitland-Niles and El Nenny.

Yo could argue our attack needs a boost and here we have Iwobi, Mkhi and Özil as sellable assets. Factor in the Adidas deal - 10-20m for Pope is a no brainer.

truth_hurts

good replacements for Monreal/Seo and Mustafi would make a huge difference to this team

I would LOVE that. Sort our defence out and midfield structure and allow our forwards to play as we actually have an abundance of attacking option, plus exciting youngsters.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom