• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,154

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thinking about this, why are we finding it hard to ship out dross? Liverpool manages to sell their dross, for good money too.
One problem is that we are too late in identifying that someone is dross.
The other problem is we are playing the dross repeatedly for the whole world to see that they are dross thereby putting us on backfoot. Liverpool sold Solanke after him much at all. They can always say that "he did not fit their plans". Solanke would then by an unknown quantity that some team is willing to risk buying. On the other hand, we just play these guys every match for everyone to see what they really are. We can't come up with any excuses after that for selling, other than the fact that they are downright crappy players.

We will find it hard because our players are on ridiculous wages. Therefore they can sit out their contract and still play as we have nobody else who can do their job. I.E Mustafi is on around 90,000. He won't get that anywhere else. We have nobody that can come and take his position, so it is in his interest to simply run his contract down, go on a free, and get a signing on bonus that would make up for lower wages.

Mustafi
Xhaka
Özil
Miki
Elneny
Jenkinson
Chambers
Kolasinac

These players are all on wages they will not get anywhere else.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Our new friend James saying Fenarbache are in talks with Elneny. but Shkodran Mustafi, Mesut Özil and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. none of the trio have so far drawn interest

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i know Özil high wages could put teams off to sign him but how nobody want Mkhi or Mustafi? ffs

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

i know Özil high wages could put teams off to sign him but how nobody want Mkhi or Mustafi? ffs

Mkhi’s wages are way too high and he’s the wrong side of 30 as well.

In hindsight we didn’t really make out as well as I thought we had in the Alexis swap.

We’ve committed a large portion of the wages we’d cleared straight back into another player who’s basically deadwood almost a year later.

Getting a tiny fee like 5M would’ve been preferable to taking on the Mkhi contract.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Mkhi’s wages are way too high and he’s the wrong side of 30 as well.

In hindsight we didn’t really make out as well as I thought we had in the Alexis swap.

We’ve committed a large portion of the wages we’d cleared straight back into another player who’s basically deadwood almost a year later.

Getting a tiny fee like 5M would’ve been preferable to taking on the Mkhi contract.
Yes his 180K a week wages is too high for teams who want him our only hope for him is either china or MLS. also surprised there no links about Chambers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes his 180K a week wages is too high for teams who want him our only hope for him is either china or MLS. also surprised there no links about Chambers.

Not too worried about Chambers, on a good contract for us so I’ll guess if there’s no links it’s because the club wants to keep him for this year.

If we do want to move him it shouldn’t be too hard.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not too worried about Chambers, on a good contract for us so I’ll guess if there’s no links it’s because the club wants to keep him for this year.

If we do want to move him it shouldn’t be too hard.
Chambers i believe the only player we can sell quick for 15-20M to raise funds and help us improve the team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s one of the weirdest transfer windows in a while, all round.

City, Liverpool, Sp**s and Chelsea have signed nobody, United have only signed a kid and the likes of Leicester, Everton and Wolves haven’t signed players.

This rumour about FFP changing on July 1st must be true, surely.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The only semi-decent window where we identified proper targets early and signed them on time was with Sven around. Makes you think.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

City, Liverpool, Sp**s and Chelsea have signed nobody, United have only signed a kid and the likes of Leicester, Everton and Wolves haven’t signed players.

I was thinking this as well. I'm expecting a flood of transfer activity during the month of July.

giphy.gif

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

What rumour?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Maybe this the reason. still i think about us the main problem is to get rid of some players we cant add LB having Kola Monreal same with CB we got 6 we need to get rid of 2 the only positions we can add without selling is wingers and midfield.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Maybe this the reason. still i think about us the main problem is to get rid of some players we cant add LB having Kola Monreal same with CB we got 6 we need to get rid of 2 the only positions we can add without selling is wingers and midfield.

Would like to keep Monreal as a back-up player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom