Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Rugani

27.4%
  2. Luiz

69.0%
  3. Mustafi

3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Apparently Arsenal can match any offer or get 30% of the sale. Certainly they can't just take him for free.

Maybe some have confused the word "competition" in this tweet with "compensation." Then you know how things get twisted.

2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Wish Listed him two weeks ago. I deserve a cookie.

3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Would you prefer chocolate chip, peanut butter, macadamia or raspberry cheesecake? :p

4. al-Ustaadh

Macadamia.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  5. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Look at Man City, we need more technical players.

6. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Look at Man City. They have a fair few athletic players. Walker, KDB, Sterling, Mendy. Oddly enough Pep spent massively on of those players.

My apologises. I misread the tweets and thought it said compensation. Scan reading fail.

7. Football Manager

Agree that Walker and Mandy are not that technical but they are defenders.
    KDB, Sterling were both technical and athletic, but the former attribute is much more important when pep was considering to play them.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

So what you're saying is that its a combination of both. Thats what really matters at City. They have technical players and atheltic players or players that combine both. Whereas we have too many technical players and not enough who are athletic or combine both.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  9. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Okay, makes sense. Thanks! 30 % is pretty nice also. Straight to our transfer budget! *Kroenke sarcasm*

So does Bennacer have to come here if we want him?

I would imagine people like the idea of him replacing Elneny. Much younger and I think there wouldn't be big loss on money.

I like Elneny as a squad player, but an upgrade with potential would be great as the Everton match was horrible to watch along with some other performances I think. Not his fault totally but part of the midfield and was substituted at halftime.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  10. Football Manager

We don’t have technical players in our team

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

2 assists and a great goal today for Fraser

bingobob and Slartibartfast like this.
  12. Taxi Driver

Taxi Driver Well-Known Member

If we could get him on the cheap (and with his contract situation I don't see why we should have to pay more than 20-25 million) I don't see any reason not to get him.

Worst case scenario we would still recoup most of that sum easily.

drippin likes this.
  13. Wiltord's left boot

Wiltord's left boot Active Member

People still think we're the Arsenal from 2008 even though we were struggling to play out from the back at Goodison last week.

One of my mates actually said to me last year when Wenger was still manager, that 'I don't like Arsenal but respect them because they play the best football.'

Haven't we been pretty boring for about six years now?

Gone are the days of Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and Arshavin.

Dj_sds - and Football Manager like this.
  14. Football Manager

Exactly mate
    That was a good time. Having such talents playing some of the best football.
    I really want that back, we have been playing boring football for years now...

15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Bennacer would be a handy Elneny replacement, sort of a mini-Torreira. Very perplexed when we let him go, but clearly his development has benefitted from it.

16. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

I think having such a clause showed we thought he might kick on elsewhere. I don't mind us doing that as our loans don't seem to work out for the most part and this way we can get a second bite of the cherry.

bingobob and drippin like this.
  17. al-Ustaadh

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

So even finishing top4 we won't be having more than 70M to spend. Embarrassing lack of ambition from kroenke

Arson Finger likes this.
  19. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

70m Haha pure poverty if true.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  20. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Poverty is where the money is though, I wouldn't look too much into transfer budget predictions anyway, I'm sure the board will work in conjunction with the clubs needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.