• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,333

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If it was a choice between signing a LB or using the rest of our funds for Zaha. For me, it’s got to be Zaha.

Tierney won’t change a lot at the back with the likes of Mustafi still in there. Zaha will make a huge difference to our attack especially in games when we’re hitting teams on the break. He’d also carry the ball and reduce the pressure on our team by winning fouls in the oppositions half especially during the recovery phase.

Personally, I’m dreading another season with Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi as our wide options. I think I’ll take a hiatus until 2020/21 if that’s the case.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If it was a choice between signing a LB or using the rest of our funds for Zaha. For me, it’s got to be Zaha.

Tierney won’t change a lot at the back with the likes of Mustafi still in there. Zaha will make a huge difference to our attack especially in games when we’re hitting teams on the break. He’d also carry the ball and reduce the pressure on our team by winning fouls in the oppositions half especially during the recovery phase.

Personally, I’m dreading another season with Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi as our wide options. I think I’ll take a hiatus until 2020/21 if that’s the case.
Disagree. Kola got into so many good positions without a decent winger. Tierney delivers from there. And he defends better.

Sort the defence then see whats left for a winger. From the outside it looks like our winger pool is more spread than our defensive pool which means we are going after our primary targets in defence. Wingers weve a variety of options. Defensively its been Tierney and Saliba.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting that you bring up Liverpool because they completely changed the way they played after 17/18. They sat much deeper and looked to release the front three quickly or hit crosses from the full backs pushed high, the front three presented a constant threat in behind as well when the opposition had the ball.

We can’t do that because we have no players who can play LB and we have no wide players who deserve to be starting for Arsenal.

Teams are less likely to press us high if we’ve got genuine width. Some of the dross teams that were dominating games against us last year was brutal.
I’ve watched Liverpool a lot this year and it’s personnel that have made the difference . . an outstanding CB, a solid goalkeeper and an excellent defensive midfielder, that’s why they only conceded 22 goals, instead of 40 or 50.

I’m not saying tactics played no part, it’s amazing the way the team fluidly moves through different formations but £163m in one transfer window has transformed that team and plugged the holes.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’ve watched Liverpool a lot this year and it’s personnel that have made the difference . . an outstanding CB, a solid goalkeeper and an excellent defensive midfielder, that’s why they only conceded 22 goals, instead of 40 or 50.

I’m not saying tactics played no part, it’s amazing the way the team fluidly moves through different formations but £163m in one transfer window has transformed that team and plugged the holes.

Yes but they built up to that. Something we should also do, build up to it. Trust this process.

Lequipe say we have bid for Pepe along with Liverpool and inter.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nearest rope or bridge please

Why not both?

160565_Viator_Shutterstock_120893.jpg

At least you get a lovely view before you die. (I can't actually remember where you're from but I was guessing Belfast).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes but they built up to that. Something we should also do, build up to it. Trust this process.

Lequipe say we have bid for Pepe along with Liverpool and inter.
We are doing something very similar. Liverpool had a fantastic attack and **** defence. They sorted the defence and done what they did. We have a more than decent attack. Priority has to be give the guys a platform to score a winner by keeping a clean sheet. Leno is now number one after being eased in gently. Saliba looks a specimen but wont be here for a season. But it still creates competition, who partners him. Bellerin and Tierney at full back. There are little signs, if it all comes off, we are moving in the right direction.

And if we arent then Emery goes in the winter. But i do not want to consider that as a possibility until he has been sufficiently backed to bring in his own core.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lovely spot. So peaceful yet terrifying going across that bridge. And yes im from Belfast.

Amazingly I've never been. Which is pretty tragic as it's only a 2 and a half hour drive away. :lol:

But yeah I think I'd be a bit nervous going across that bridge.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I haven't seen much of anything on outgoing players. Who has left so far and who is rumored to leave? Mustafi and El Neny surely cannot stay any longer, can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom