• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,101

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Has there been any interest at all in any of the players we need to get rid of?

I don’t want Lacazette to go btw but agree with the others on @hydrofluoric acid list.
Auba is the better CF. If we're signing a winger like Zaha or Everton Soares we won't be playing with 2 strikers, so a Lacazette sale could be the difference to funding a quality starting CB that we're desperately needing.

Did three different gravity chromography today. Fell a sleep when I came home. Zero news. ZERO.

Going out for a jog. Hopefully a car will run over me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Under three weeks to go and we’ve a worse squad than last season, all you clowns going on about FFP look silly now.

Absolutely ****ting myself.

Iceman10

Established Member
When it got to Wednesday with no real change in the Soares reports it just seemed more obvious that for now he's being used to force the issue with Palace and Zaha. Seems to have worked somewhat, just hope we don't get clumsy to the point of it backfiring.

benjamin86

Established Member
When it got to Wednesday with no real change in the Soares reports it just seemed more obvious that for now he's being used to force the issue with Palace and Zaha. Seems to have worked somewhat, just hope we don't get clumsy to the point of it backfiring.
Wouldn't mind a third name added...There's so many good wingers available right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Someone who used to work for Arsenal until rather recently was in quite a similar situation re: not knowing which competition the club would be playing in at his new employer. Said you have to factor something like that in, always think about every possibility, work on all fronts so once you're in the clear there's groundwork done and routes to follow independent of where you end up playing.

If Arsenal really waited for the season to end to see if they'd get EL/CL without doing extensive groundwork e.g. scouting, networking, figuring out targets, establishing early contact, etc. for both possibilities that's either highly unprofessional or very arrogant.
I'm sure they did all that, what I'm saying is that deals like Zaha probably hinged on whether they got CL or not. A lot of reports have suggested that Zaha might have been a done deal already if they'd got top 4 or won in Baku, but failing in that regard meant that the negotiations have become more complicated due to restricted finances. Now they're having to pinch pennies, try to offer players in part exchange etc.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think I've come to the conclusion, that although very unlikely, a window of Tierney, Saliba, Ceballos and Zaha would be a 9/10 window for me.

With Soares I'd still probably go 7 or 8.

I genuinely thought not getting CL last year would be the death of this club (may still well be) and we'd see everyone seriously push way beyond us. But with these as our main targets two of which we bid for, one we have and the other seemingly very close it's apparent it's possible and there isn't a player in there I wouldn't be excited for.

I really thought we'd be on the Fraser, Meunier, Brahimi and Vazquez route but I'm very surprised who we're after.

Again though it's now all about getting them over the line even if it's on deadline day. Currently very nervous.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think I've come to the conclusion, that although very unlikely, a window of Tierney, Saliba, Ceballos and Zaha would be a 9/10 window for me.

With Soares I'd still probably go 7 or 8.

I genuinely thought not getting CL last year would be the death of this club (may still well be) and we'd see everyone seriously push way beyond us. But with these as our main targets two of which we bid for, one we have and the other seemingly very close it's apparent it's possible and there isn't a player in there I wouldn't be excited for.

I really thought we'd be on the Fraser, Meunier, Brahimi and Vazquez route but I'm very surprised who we're after.

Again though it's now all about getting them over the line even if it's on deadline day. Currently very nervous.
we not far of getting Ceballos and Tierney deals done its only matter of time. Remain to be seen if we'll end up with Zaha or Soares

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would rate that as a 6/10. No CB for this season is a dreadful failure. Also no RB means relying on Bellerin after a terrible injury or AMN who’s been getting destroyed by anybody good.

Iceman10

Established Member
That would be a good window, but would say we need a new CB other than Saliba to get up to that rating out of 10, even if just a 10-15m signing (ideally for Mustafi, or otherwise for Kos if we have no choice). Just feel there is too much being put on Holding otherwise.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Would rate that as a 6/10. No CB for this season is a dreadful failure. Also no RB means relying on Bellerin after a terrible injury or AMN who’s been getting destroyed by anybody good.

As much as I want a CB, I do, we just don't have the funds for a top CB and a top winger. Imo a Zaha is more attainable than a top CB and would make a bigger difference to this team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I want a good CB rather than a cheap one, it’s going to take many years to challenge for a title.

I’d rather add quality in each window over a number of year.

Iceman10

Established Member
Guess it depends on whether we can keep Kos or not for one more season then, and Emery will keep hold of Mustafi for now.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We all want a topclass defender, but imo Chambers and Holding are as Wenger would say "like two new signings".

Chambers might be overlooked here. Sokratis, Holding and Chambers is a huge upgrade on the disaster at the end of the season. Hopefully Mustafi is being frozen out.

That, plus a class LB with Tierney, a midfield engine like Ceballos and Zaha to trigger a much needed x-factor upfront is a completely transformed side.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Would anyone take Umtiti on loan? Obviously his knees are an issue but there's less risk with a loan and it buys you a year until Saliba gets back.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Would anyone take Umtiti on loan? Obviously his knees are an issue but there's less risk with a loan and it buys you a year until Saliba gets back.

Yes deffo. I was just thinking would you rather Zaha or Koulibaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom