• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,782

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
That list isn't even un reasonable imo. From what I've heard about Konate he is going to be absolute immense in the future and very decent now, he's 6'4 and pretty quick.

With the way Kos is playing now, it would maybe makes sense to not bring in a £60+ million CB and use Sok, Kos and Holding while Konate gets used to PL.

We definitely need a LB as well and I'd trust AMN, Bellerin and Osei-Tutu to cover RB.

I'd be very happy with just 3 players in, Konate, Chukwueze and Tierney.
Yeah, should be possible. If we sell the right players, have no idea what will happen with Özil if we sign someone like Ziyech, I can't see him leaving but I'd expect he could become second choice if we sign another no 10. I guess he'd still probably get a lot of game time as we'd have 5 main attackers Laca, Aubameyang, Özil, Ziyech and Chukwueze to rotate for four spots in a 4231 with Nelson, Nketiah and Iwobi as further back up. I like Mkhi but he blows hot & cold (like a lot of our players) but think he'll be sold along with Elneny, Mustafi, Chambers, Ospina and one of Kola/Monreal with Welbeck, Ramsey, Cech, Jenkinson and Lich all going as well.

Lacazette
Aubameyang - Ziyech - Chukwueze
Xhaka - Torreira
Tierney - Konate - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

Nketiah
Iwobi - Özil - Nelson
Guendouzi - Willock
Kola/Monreal - Kosc - Holding - AMN
Martinez
That squad immediately looks miles better with just four signings imo, if we don't want Willock as a deeper midfielder maybe look to sign a cheaper player like Bennacer but I think Willock has qualities we're missing in midfield currently.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nzonzi as a player, is what we need.
Torreira is the only defensive midfielder we have in our squad.
If torreira was injured, we lack protection in front of our defensive line.
Nzonzi is even more physical than Torreira, so if we play against some physical teams, we can play him instead of torreira or we can even play both. That gives us more tactical flexibility.

The problem is that he is already 30.
Unless he is on a free, this will not be a good deal.
Within one or two season, he will get old and his market value will decline.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
A real Arsenal man!
If we can get him for a decent price (40-50m) then we should definitely buy him imo

I got a feeling Zaha will move for less than the reported fee, no club will bite at 75mil, Palace don't have to sell BUT they are going to find themselves in the position that they may have a player who don't want to be there and if unhappy could eventually drop value.

I think if we want Zaha we need to tap him up early then prepare to play the long game with Palace, wouldn't be surprised if he is a late move in the window.

BobP

Memri Fan
I got a feeling Zaha will move for less than the reported fee, no club will bite at 75mil, Palace don't have to sell BUT they are going to find themselves in the position that they may have a player who don't want to be there and if unhappy could eventually drop value.

I think if we want Zaha we need to tap him up early then prepare to play the long game with Palace, wouldn't be surprised if he is a late move in the window.

Palace would probably take 50-60M for him under normal circumstances. The problem is that United have a 20% sell on clause so the fees being touted are with that in mind.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Palace would probably take 50-60M for him under normal circumstances. The problem is that United have a 20% sell on clause so the fees being touted are with that in mind.

Ah right, wasn't aware of that.

Maybe it would be better if we focused elsewhere then, don't think he will be at Palace much longer regardless, may even be a January 2020 move somewhere, I just doubt he is going to be very happy staying there much longer and expect a transfer request to go in if the club haven't privately said he can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom