Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Rugani

27.4%
  2. Luiz

69.0%
  3. Mustafi

3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

The attack and the midfield structure suffer because Arsenal has defenders who Emery doesn't trust (thus 3 at the back) and who couldn't play the ball out of the back of a wet paper bag, much less through a pressing opponent.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. Slartibartfast

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

we were interested in him last summer right?

yybecause likes this.
  4. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I know him from Fifa. He can play DM and CB. Wouldn't mind a transfer like that with a young CB coming in. Would cover up two positions.

5. Slartibartfast

I believe so.

6. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Joachim Anderson is a CB at Sampdoria. He goes under the radar but highly rated in Serie A. My friend who tipped Torreira rates this fella highly and apparently Sp**s have shown an interest. De Light is out of our price range, Pavard has gone but this guy is attainable. We seem to have a good relationship with Sampdoria so let's try again imo.

asukru and yybecause like this.
  7. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

heard the same

8. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Are Jordan Torunarigha or Emiliano Velazquez worth a look?

9. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Torunarigha seems like a talented defender from what I've seen, very quick as well, which I think is important for any cb that we look to sign.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  10. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Interesting sounds like he'd be a good option to play with Mav or Holding in the future.

A future Koulibaly type player?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  11. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

Realistically we'll be looking at defenders a tier or two below De Ligt. If he happens to have an older brother who never quite made in in the big league, that's who we're more likely to buy

12. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

You can't bring out individual performances as a justification of his talent. He is a good young prospect but his talent is being blow way out of proportion.

Like any young defender he makes mistakes and has bad performances. The fact that he plays in Holland masks that. You cannot be a world class defender at 19. You need to make mistakes to learn from them in order to develop. That is what experience means and you need that to be a good defender.

Does he have potential? Yes. But can you pluck a 19 year old from obscurity and potentially have the same player if not better. I think you can.

Vantastico likes this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Arsenal has never signed that type of player. There are plenty of players below the superstar Barca/Real radar that will become amazing players.

I really want us to get CB signing right but the idea we have to do what Liverpool did and spend 70m is not right I don't think.

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Ugh, from what I can tell he's an average workhorse of a midfielder. Nowhere near the technical quality we need to be looking for.

15. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

He also plays center back.

16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

17. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Sounds like a real prospect, but surely making any deal for a prospect will depend on how much funds we have available to spend.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

It will be ironic when Sven quit us because lack of money but he will sign his old pals Mustafi, El Nenny and Welbeck for 75 M to his new team and we will spend it on the last few talents he scouted.

:drool:

19. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

I’d actually feel sorry for Merson if we signed him.

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

quality player, sounds like a lot of money though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.