• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,103

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Who would you guys fancy for a CB if we can clear 30M for Bielik and Mustafi?

Probably short on a top youngster like a Konate but I wonder if we could get a swap deal going for Ake?

Plays better in a three but to me he looks an unreal defender in the making.

Lewis Dunk. Proven in the league, eager to impress, good age and wouldn't be on huge wages. Also has leadership qualities.

We could also possibly throw them a couple of players on loan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lewis Dunk. Proven in the league, eager to impress, good age and wouldn't be on huge wages. Also has leadership qualities.

Dunk, Saliba and Holding as third choice doesn't win you titles imo.

Upemacano, Saliba and Holding on the other hand. We can't be doing stop gap signings.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who would you guys fancy for a CB if we can clear 30M for Bielik and Mustafi?

Probably short on a top youngster like a Konate but I wonder if we could get a swap deal going for Ake?

Plays better in a three but to me he looks an unreal defender in the making.

How about Savic? He has one year left on his deal at Atletico doesn’t he?

My first choice would be Škriniar, that would be a VVD-esque transfer. He would set us up nicely for the next couple of years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wes Morgan, Huth and ?
Luiz, Rudiger and Zouma

Organisation >>> Name brands

You're leaving out so many important factors. A midfield of Matic, Kante and Fabregas for example in front of those Chelsea defenders, who are all better than what we have may I add. And also Courtois in goal.

The Leicester season was just a freak season, so can't really say much about that otherwise we may as well just buy any clogger and put them there. For our system and the amount we have the ball the player needs to be good on the ball.

We need a big talent there otherwise it is simply a stop gap signing, and I'm not signing a 28 year old Dunk for 45M. Maybe for around 25, but 45 takes the mick when you can get Upemacano for around that fee.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How about Savic? He has one year left on his deal at Atletico doesn’t he?

My first choice would be Škriniar, that would be a VVD-esque transfer. He would set us up nicely for the next couple of years.

Don’t think he’ll leave Atletico this year, think he’ll renew in a few months anyway.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You're leaving out so many important factors. A midfield of Matic, Kante and Fabregas for example in front of those Chelsea defenders, who are all better than what we have may I add. And also Courtois in goal.

The Leicester season was just a freak season, so can't really say much about that otherwise we may as well just buy any clogger and put them there. For our system and the amount we have the ball the player needs to be good on the ball.

We need a big talent there otherwise it is simply a stop gap signing, and I'm not signing a 28 year old Dunk for 45M. Maybe for around 25, but 45 takes the mick when you can get Upemacano for around that fee.

I don't think we are ready to win a title, was just refuting the point that big names in defence help with winning the league.

The Leipzig lads do look very able, but I feel we need experience. If not top class talent, then at least experienced talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Dunk plays in a low block. Would get killed in our high line and having to pass the ball. Sokratis is lucky he can run or hed be ****ed.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Any CB we get should be good on the ball or our build-up play will be too easily neutralized. Would also preferably get a CB in the 22-25 range given the Saliba transfer. If I'm really picky the CB should also be left-footed.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Dunk plays in a low block. Would get killed in our high line and having to pass the ball. Sokratis is lucky he can run or hed be ****ed.

People always overlook the system when judging a defender's quality. Playing in a low block is probably the best system to hide a defender's weaknesses.

A well organised, compact and well drilled defence in a low block formation will make you look better than you are. That's is why Burnley's defenders a couple of years ago or Stoke's a while back were hailed as great defenders.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Profile of player I feel we need:
23-26
Tall
Comfortable on ball
Good reading of the game and not reliant on aggressively winning ball back or impatient (to complement sokratis)
Fast
Comfortable at left centre half

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Let’s go big for Issa Diop. I reckon he’s going to be the next big CB in the premier league. He’s 6’4, French, pacey, comfortable on the ball and premier league proven. I got a lot of Hammer friends who rave on about him and I have to agree with them. He’s great. Of course he will cost a lot of money, maybe £60 million upwards but him and Saliba for 10 years is our defence set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom