• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,541

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
People always overlook the system when judging a defender's quality. Playing in a low block is probably the best system to hide a defender's weaknesses.

A well organised, compact and well drilled defence in a low block formation will make you look better than you are. That's is why Burnley's defenders a couple of years ago or Stoke's a while back were hailed as great defenders.

Yepp, that's why Sokratis is for example pretty much better than 80-85% of all PL defenders even though it may not look like that.

Our team and setup is doing no CB any favors - we have certainly the weakest set of defenders of all top teams, but it's not by chance that all kinds of defenders have looked **** here within the last decade.

And I'll reteirate again that our fullbacks are the biggest evil + every time we play an unbalanced, defensively weak CM, because it always ends up with our CBs being overrun constantly. Almost impossible to defend for a long time.

ChefMan21

Another opportunity for me to suggest Niklas Stark as an option. :)

I like him. Has been compared to Javi Martinez - a player who I adore - and has successfully transitioned from defensive midfielder to CB. He's starting to make the German national team squad, so I would get in quick before his value (potentially) skyrockets. Might be worth a punt.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Think Bournemouth would ask for big money though, he and Wilson are their crown jewels. They already paid good money to get him in the first place.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we sign a CB chances are it won’t come from within the league. There’s not really enough time for us to buy from an English team and for them to find a replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we sign a CB chances are it won’t come from within the league. There’s not really enough time for us to buy from an English team and for them to find a replacement.

I think we could go for Dunk if we really wanted him, not convinced we want him at 45m tho.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Think Bournemouth would ask for big money though, he and Wilson are their crown jewels. They already paid good money to get him in the first place.
Maybe we could include Chambers in the deal. They're always hot on signing English players for crazy money anyway.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Should take a look in Spain possibly. Loads of decent CBs good on the ball.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Lewis Dunk. Proven in the league, eager to impress, good age and wouldn't be on huge wages. Also has leadership qualities.

We could also possibly throw them a couple of players on loan.

Is he mobile/athletic enough to play in a high line? It's all well and good if you have a rigid midfield ahead of you but will be a completely new world playing for a team who have the majority of the ball and like to play in the oppositions half.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Let’s go big for Issa Diop. I reckon he’s going to be the next big CB in the premier league. He’s 6’4, French, pacey, comfortable on the ball and premier league proven. I got a lot of Hammer friends who rave on about him and I have to agree with them. He’s great. Of course he will cost a lot of money, maybe £60 million upwards but him and Saliba for 10 years is our defence set up.

Yeah he was a rock for them last season. Solid defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom