• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,219

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I am asking for someone that can improve the overall quality of our defence, not Beckenbauer. You doesnt have to be world class to improve our central defence, its actually enough if you are on the Sokratis level.

That might be enough with you, playing with two Sokratis, but to me that’s a waste of money.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
That might be enough with you, playing with two Sokratis, but to me that’s a waste of money.

So we should play with Sokratis and...? Holding has been out for a while and we dont know when he will reach his best level again. It would be unfair to put the weight of the world on his shoulders because he is still pretty young.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
What I dislike the most about our defence is the lack of accountabillity. We don't seem upset at conceding goals, nor is there anybody b***ocking players at fault - just hands on hips and awkward stares. We should have signed Cahill from Bolton, he's past it now, but I'd be happy with a player of that stature. Evans last year would have been fine.

Let's just cut out the brain farts and have a defensive leader, who wants to defend.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Two players on the level of Sokratis is better than Sokratis and Mustafi/Chambers. The goal is to improve the squad. A Sokratis level defender, while not being a world beater, is better than all our defenders apart from Holding. If we can sign that level of player then we should do it. Next summer you look at it again. If Holding performs well then him and Saliba are the pairing going forward with Sokratis and whoever we sign in reserve.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Two players on the level of Sokratis is better than Sokratis and Mustafi/Chambers. The goal is to improve the squad. A Sokratis level defender, while not being a world beater, is better than all our defenders apart from Holding. If we can sign that level of player then we should do it. Next summer you access it again. If Holding performs well then him and Saliba are the pairing going forward with Sokratis and whoever we sign in reserve.

Sokratis is levels above anyone we have in defence, he is very rash but rarely makes mistakes. If we got another level like him in on loan I'd be delighted.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Sokratis is levels above anyone we have in defence, he is very rash but rarely makes mistakes. If we got another level like him in on loan I'd be delighted.

Agreed. He’s a bit clumsy in terms of giving away free kicks and getting booked but he’s solid otherwise. I’d love for us to sign an Upemecano level of signing but if that’s not possible we can’t not sign anyone. That’s how bad our defense is.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Agreed. He’s a bit clumsy in terms of giving away free kicks and getting booked but he’s solid otherwise. I’d love for us to sign an Upemecano level of signing but if that’s not possible we can’t not sign anyone. That’s how bad our defense is.

With Tierney and no more sales I think we'll struggle to bring in a 30M+ CB but with the signing of Pepe you never know anymore. I'd like Upemecano on loan with option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think Upemacano could be an option in jan or next summer. Next summer he’ll be coming into the last year of his deal, if we get CL football I feel like that’s a goer. Him and Saliba as a pairing sounds filthy.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Really hope Holding is fit soon and hits the ground running. So important to have him at his best without injuries, will be a big factor, defining our season imo

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think Upemacano could be an option in jan or next summer. Next summer he’ll be coming into the last year of his deal, if we get CL football I feel like that’s a goer. Him and Saliba as a pairing sounds filthy.

Think Upamecano is slightly possible right now and if we were to wait another year, with CL, I'd say go a bit bigger and get Konate.

Would certainly suck **** for any of those two regardless.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Alves apparently close to going back to Brazil, would make sense for him tbf.

Would be soo good to get a cheapish young RB from Brazil in a similar manner as with Martinelli. No idea about the market over there, but hopeful our club has good insights in south america now and we'll start to constantly find them before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom