• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,174

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
If Barca are left short letting Umtiti go for the sake of making space on their books for Neymar, they could do a lot worse than taking Kos the other way on the cheap. Go on, Raul, make it happen! :p

Also starting to wonder about the hold-up on Tierney and whether there are some thoughts on leaving remaining budget flexible for a CB first.

zilfy

I’m going to give this window a 10. Not because the players we’ve acquired are good, because, well, who knows. And not because we’ve met our needs either because that probably not possible in one window. I’m giving it a 10 because all the previous windows we knew what was going to happen. Sure, we had hope, but deep down inside we knew there was disappointment waiting at the deadline. This year nobody knows what’s going to happen—and it’s great!
I agree with your point, but if we got in a quality cb, rb and lb as well, what would be the rating then? Ten out of ten is the best possible (as long as realistic) window.

Sorry for being pedantic

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m going to give this window a 10. Not because the players we’ve acquired are good, because, well, who knows. And not because we’ve met our needs either because that probably not possible in one window. I’m giving it a 10 because all the previous windows we knew what was going to happen. Sure, we had hope, but deep down inside we knew there was disappointment waiting at the deadline. This year nobody knows what’s going to happen—and it’s great!
You’re giving this window at 10 because you didn’t know what was going to happen?

OK

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ceballos for Ramsey . . . probably weakens us and he’s only on loan. Saliba is for the future and doesn’t figure this year. And young Martinelli is bit of a punt and might be better than our own youth forwards. So I’m discounting those for this season in terms of improving our team.

So where is the upgrade on last season . . Pepe. He strengthens our front line, but we scored 73 goals last season more than Sp**s and Chelsea. It wasn’t our problem. Will he help our attack and be an upgrade on Iwobi, Mkhi . . he should be, he’s a proper winger but as yet unproven in the Prem and may take a while to bed in. He’ll add some balance for sure. All will revealed.

But wondering who in our management watched the team last season and thought, “You know what, our captain wants to leave, Mustafi is a mess, Sokratis is very rash, Holding has had a major injury, Kola is a terrible defender, Mavropanos is always injured, Chambers is 24 and hasn’t broken through yet . . . So let’s buy a winger and an 18yr old forward’.

Unless we buy a CB and LB, this window is a 5 at best. Liverpool invested heavily in a tried and tested EPL CB and it paid off. United have done the same this season. Both having problems with their defences. We’ve bought a winger.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ceballos for Ramsey . . . probably weakens us and he’s only on loan. Saliba is for the future and doesn’t figure this year. And young Martinelli is bit of a punt and might be better than our own youth forwards. So I’m discounting those for this season in terms of improving our team.

So where is the upgrade on last season . . Pepe. He strengthens our front line, but we scored 73 goals last season more than Sp**s and Chelsea. It wasn’t our problem. Will he help our attack and be an upgrade on Iwobi, Mkhi . . he should be, he’s a proper winger but as yet unproven in the Prem and may take a while to bed in. He’ll add some balance for sure. All will revealed.

But wondering who in our management watched the team last season and thought, “You know what, our captain wants to leave, Mustafi is a mess, Sokratis is very rash, Holding has had a major injury, Kola is a terrible defender, Mavropanos is always injured, Chambers is 24 and hasn’t broken through yet . . . So let’s buy a winger and an 18yr old forward’.

Unless we buy a CB and LB, this window is a 5 at best. Liverpool invested heavily in a tried and tested EPL CB and it paid off. United have done the same this season. Both having problems with their defences. We’ve bought a winger.
We will buy a LB and get in a cb. No value in the market.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Ramsey’s technical ability was pretty damn average. Replacing him man for man with Ceballos is an upgrade and we’ve tripled his goal/assist output with Pepe.

Ceballos offers more for me. They’re very different players though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

It would be unacceptable not to get a Lb at the very least and there should be a CB also. If that does not happen still, Raul's window goes back to a 4-5, but as of now, I expect it to happen.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ramsey’s technical ability was pretty damn average. Replacing him man for man with Ceballos is an upgrade and we’ve tripled his goal/assist output with Pepe.

Never. Aaron was a gifted talent. His injury problems were the only thing that hampered his progress at Arsenal.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Average technical ability is a overrating Ramsey very limited technical ability who lets no kid ourselves is the Welsh version of Kevin Nolan but with less goals.

We have replaced Ramsey with Ceballos a player who impressed me hugely during the under 21s. Ceballos strikes me playing style wise as being a cross between Cazorla and David Silva ( I do not say this lightly and i belive he will even out shine Pepe this season).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lets say we sign Kimpembe and Tierney to wrap it up. Wouldn't we be having a predominantly French African team by next season? Could it be why@GDeep left?

I hope you realise that PEA and Pepe are the only French Africans in our first team squad. I'm going to go out on a whim and suggest maybe Guendouzi could be North African.

Anyhoo

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ramsey is a brilliant box to box midfielder and natural leader, we can become a better team and much more cohesive with Ceballos in our midfield however.

ChefMan21

If Saliba is coming next season, I'm inclined to think any CB we sign will be a loan signing only, perhaps with an option to buy, or a player like Sokratis/Verm (i.e. a bit of an unknown). I think the club holds a lot of faith in Holding and Mavro, at least in a 'let's see how the season pans out' sense.

ChefMan21

We were never going to get a Ramsey replacement because there's only one Ramsey. Just like we never found an Henry replacement, Vieira replacement, Gilberto Silva replacement, RVP replacement etc etc. I'm a subscriber to a team being the sum of its parts - Ramsey's departure is sad, but also an opportunity for the club to evolve.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If Saliba is coming next season, I'm inclined to think any CB we sign will be a loan signing only, perhaps with an option to buy, or a player like Sokratis/Verm (i.e. a bit of an unknown). I think the club holds a lot of faith in Holding and Mavro, at least in a 'let's see how the season pans out' sense.

Agree, but the Tierney saga is becoming unacceptable now. The worst position of last season probably in terms of defensive stability, if Mustafi wasn't on the field for us.

You cannot play poker until deadline day for that. The backup option has also to be of similar quality and 100% agreed, if you gamble around like that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on with Tierney. There’s no benefit to waiting until deadline day to offer what Celtic want UNLESS we’ve got another deal we’re trying to do which would take up the resources of Tierney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom