• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reading FC Vs Arsenal FC | Mon,Nov12th, 8pm | Madjeski Std

Nutsy

Established Member
Qualified for the Champions League Knock Out stages, and now it's back to the Premiership. Away game against a worthy opponent So it's

readingvsarsenalsa8.png

A brief overview on previous game Slavia Praha Vs Arsenal FC

It's a miserable, cold night for us against the Czechs in Prague. So, nothing more to get the job done of qualifying for the Knock out stages even by means scrapping a 0-0 draw. We made it through with 2 games to spare. Where usually, we tend to struggle on the match like this.

It was told that it was Arsène's 100th European game, one would expect another magical night specially after League rivals put through eight against Besiktas the night before. Nonetheless, no clean passing with Arsène's key players were rested, just enough to secure the whole deal.

Not long, just two weeks before, Arsenal demolished against the same team at the Emirates, but this time, no, it was harder, it was colder. It was bitter with potential fouls that could've made a few grave suspensions on both sides.

Arsenal failed to fire their best with Champions League competition itself literally were rained by goals from fellow competition rivals; both teams barely take any chance throughout the game. Slavia's notable chance through out the game came in the 77th minute when Manuel Almunia rushed out to deny the lively Zdenek Senkerik.

However, one must not dwell this as a decline in form, an away draw in Europe is not something to push away and Arsène pulling out the positives from this result. The necessary point, the clean-sheet, the assurance of going on in the competition, the experience given to some who played and the rest afforded to those who did not.

Even us one of the most notable entertainers, have one off night and hopefully we are done with it and move on to the next phase of our competitions.

Barclays English Premier League Current Standings

tablesvp6.png

Closely tied against Mancs, we simply have to win this game against Reading, albeit it's not going to be easy. It is after all an away game against Reading who are quite solid at at home.

Reading's Vital Stats

readinhsnb1.png

A few facts on Reading F.C.

Courtesy of Arsenal.com / Premierleague Official site.

* Arsenal have beaten Reading on every occasion the two sides have met. This 100 per cent record currently stands at seven games.

* When Reading featured in the Premiership for the first time in the 2006/07 season their squad included four former Arsenal players. Steve Sidwell, Graham Stack, James Harper and John Halls were all products of the Gunners' youth system.

* Thierry Henry's opening goal in the first Premiership meeting between Arsenal and Reading in the 2006/07 season was the Gunners' fastest goal of the campaign.

Steve Coppell's Reading had a fantastic 2006/07 campaign - their first in the top flight. They should have been promoted in 1995, having finished runners-up in Division One, but were denied as that was the year the FA Carling Premiership was reduced from 22 team to 20.

The Royals lost to Bolton 4-3 after extra time in the play-off final. In 2006, they finally secured promotion in emphatic style - winning the Championship with a record amount of points (106).

The Royals' first Premier League match was against Middlesbrough and they found themselves 2-0 down after 20 minutes. In a stunning turnaround they went on to win the match 3-2. An impressive and attacking season saw Reading hold Manchester United to a draw, narrowly lose to Chelsea and memorably beat West Ham 6-0.

An impressive Premier League beginning for a club that had been plying its trade in the third tier when the competition kicked off in 1992. Since 2001, 'Reading Fans' has been registered as number 13 in the squad in recognition of the supporters' importance.

Reading's Premier league history

1993-94 - Champions of Division Two
1994-95 - Manager Mark McGhee resigns. Replaced by Jimmy Quinn and Mick Gooding. Division One runners-up but lose to Bolton in play-offs
1997-98 - Terry Bullivant appointed as manager before season begins. Tommy Burns takes over in March. Relegated
1998-99 - Move into Madejski Stadium
1999-00 - Burns is sacked in September and replaced by Alan Pardew
2001-02 - Promoted as Division Two runners-up
2002-03 - Lose play-off semi-finals
2003-04 - Pardew leaves in September. Replaced by Steve Coppell
2005-06 - Win the Championship with record points total
2006-07 - Break record signing Greg Halford for £2.5million

Last Five meetings

PL, 03-03-07 Arsenal 2-1 Reading

PL, 22-10-06 Reading 0-4 Arsenal

LC, 29-11-05 Arsenal 3-0 Reading

FAC, 10-01-87 Reading 1-3 Arsenal

FAC, 05-02-72 Reading 1-2 Arsenal

smalledoa9.png

Match Official Referee : Rob Styles

Anyone knows why this game is played quite late? And on Monday?

Rosicky and Toure are expected to be back on this game. So, a lil big plus sign there if you ask me. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't see this game through with points and staying on top of the table.

Mancs will be playing against Blackburn, we may expect Mancs to drop points there, albeit its at Old Trafford. Balckburn could put out a fight if you ask me.

I would expect to see a complete line-up without Robin of course. Arsène's latest formations in the last few games baffles most of us really. He insists on not taking a another lone striker upfront, yet he did it against Slavia. With that midfield, our tacts were pretty exposed. So, this time I'm hoping to see Eduardo to start with Adebayor upfront.

Fabregas,Gilberto, Hleb, and Rosicky in midfield. And in defense, we should see Sagna, Toure, Gallas(c) and Clichy. With Almunia in goal. At the moment with RVP out this is the strongest 4-4-2 line we have. Reading is not going to be easy away. And to get full 3 points out of it is vital.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

nidza7

Established Member
Can`t see manure dropping points v blackburn.

anyway we must win this though I feel uneasy somehow.

C`mon gunners!!!

vantoure

nidza7 said:
Can`t see manure dropping points v blackburn.

anyway we must win this though I feel uneasy somehow.

C`mon gunners!!!

Manu are on a neat form but i expect blackburn to cause trouble for them. I hope they drop points

Dont dissapoint pleeeease! :)

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I actually see United dropping points against Blackburn. I fancy a 1-1 draw at Old Tradshit.

As for our game, it should be comfortable. I will go with a 0-2 win with Fabregas and Eduardo to score. I have been tipping Eduarrdo to score for weeks now, lets hope I am right this time around...

No.8_Wright

Mark Lawrenson is predicting a 1-1 draw on BBC website. But who listens to him!

We have drawn a few tough games on the trot now and this is not going to be easy but I am sure we will get back to winning ways.

I can also see Man Utd drawing to Blackburn, it will be a tough game for them wheras Chelsea and Pool should both win.

go49oner

Established Member
No.8_Wright said:
Mark Lawrenson is predicting a 1-1 draw on BBC website. But who listens to him!

We have drawn a few tough games on the trot now and this is not going to be easy but I am sure we will get back to winning ways.

I can also see Man Utd drawing to Blackburn, it will be a tough game for them wheras Chelsea and Pool should both win.

Was about to post that is well, thats about the 6th draw in row that he predicted for us.

Predicting 0-2 to us.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hard to predict this one, I reckon. I reckon it'll either be a very tight game where either team nicks it by a goal late on (or it finishes 0-0) or we hammer them 3 or 4 nil.

I'll go with the latter.

Zico

Established Member
I wish to see us do a United and just run through this team. It's time to see a bit of skill, speed and territorial domination. Fabregas, Hleb and Eduardo could be crucial in this regard.

I also believe that without Sidwell, this midfield is weak enough that we can afford a bit of an experiment. Our part-time right back, Diarra, should be given an opportunity to show his worth in midfield behind Fabregas. Even the most cynical of us believe that Fabregas-Diarra is the pairing of the future, so now would be a good time to get a preview.

awooga83

Established Member
quincy42 said:
I wish to see us do a United

So 0-0 it is then :p

I think it is going to be a tough match what ever the situation of the opposition, Reading away will be difficult considering we have had 2 massive league games that not only will havetaken alot from everyone but also this could have the feeling of an anti-climax after such matches. Coupled with are 3 draws and just of the boil at the moment it could be one of those games we find difficult to score in.

Hopefully we can get straight back into our groove but it will be tough because we probably aren't flying as high as we were before the big show downs.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, Arsène's had a few games to look at partners for Adebayor now, the only one who seems to have laid down any sort of marker is Eduardo.

I wonder if Arsène might be tempted to start Walcott up top though? No real reasoning behind this.

Gurgen

Established Member
Eduardo hasn't done himself any favours with his performance in midweek though.

I really hope Wenger forgets all that and starts with two strikers. Even Bendtner will do for me.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Didn't see it, gathered he hadn't played well. But sounds like nobody did!

I wouldn't mind seeing Bendtner start- don't see it happening with Ade though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think we will thump them. reading has been poor this season

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Eduardo hasn't done himself any favours with his performance in midweek though.

I really hope Wenger forgets all that and starts with two strikers. Even Bendtner will do for me.

Hard to make a case for partnering Ade when you're stuck out on the left wing. Made more of a case for putting him up front IMO because he certainly can't cut it on the wing.

I agree that Wenger may start Theo up front, or at least use him as Ades partner soon. He did it at home to Slavia, he did it at the end of the match on Wednesday and he keeps talking about playing Theo up front in interviews.

IMO Eduardo is better suited against Reading. Their defence isn't exactly rock solid and he's very sharp mentally, good at spotting mistakes and exposing them. I think Theo could struggle against them if they keep their defending simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom