• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid V Barcelona

kanuuu

Established Member
Ended 4-2 to Real. Owen, Ronaldo, Raul and Zidane scred for Real, and Ronaldinho and Eto'o for Barca!

Who saw it? What a cracking game!

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I didn't see the game, but it must've been some spectacle. I would've preferred Barca to win, but credit to Madrid for showing a bit of bottle. The title race will go right down to the wire now.

Mark

Established Member
What a game. Madrid deserved the win, as for once they showed some real desire. Best I've seen them play for ages. All their big players who haven't produced over the last year or so finally put in big performances. I think Casillas was MOTM for them once again, though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
beckham was my man of the match. two assists and a very energetic and hardworking performance. casillas made some saves, but i dont think any of them really stretched him. a lot was straight at him. then again, compared to valdes today, casillas looked good.

feel sorry for those who missed it. it was quite a game.

JGooner

I watched the whole thing and it was a testament to the best league in the world. Technical brilliance AND excitement, a combination neither the Prem nor Serie A has achieved.

I agree with patrick that Beckham was probably man of the match, but Ronaldinho's free kick was the best moment of the match.

Allyboy

Established Member
What has happened to Barca's defence?!

Was an awesome game, I missed Barca's second but the rest of the game was fantastic.

Casillas just edged Beckham for MOTM IMO, and people who said we should not touch Owen with a bargepole should watch that game, he does not get a sniff of a chance for an hour, then he gets one and bangs it away. He would be a good addition for us but I think he will probably stay at Real now.

AFCG7

Established Member
Great game.. agree with patrick42 , Beckham had a really good game along with Casillas and Gravesen. Owen ? A few god touches, got into good wide positions, passed the ball well enough. One chance and he scored it. Good enough for me.

AFCG7

Established Member
Ronaldinho scored the free kick and had one or two nice passes, but Gravesen was onto him everytime like fleas on a dog..added to that i dont think he was feeling too well, so he wasnt that effective.

Lukazan

Established Member
Absolutely brilliant game, I thought It'd be a boring game tbh but it was one of the most entertaining games I've seen this season!

Zidane almost killing himself to score a goal lol! And Ronaldinho's free kick was just class. Glad Owen scored aswell, he has had alot of undeserved stick recently so hopefully it'll silence a few people!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Awesome game. Beckham was my man of the match. He showed his old self today.

This certainly makes the title race a hell of a lot more interesting.

hujja

Established Member
Zidane's goal was the goal of the match. :D :D

He should be more careful nowadays. He might crack that egg of his.

patrick42uk

Established Member
hopefully this inspires our boys to do something at the bridge next week. win and the gap is eight points. ok, so there will only be 15 points left to play for but when you consider chelsea's last five games include trips away to newcastle, bolton and man utd it makes it interesting. even more so if they are still in the cl which could mean resting players, something that has cost chelsea points on a number of occasions this season.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I agree totally patrick42uk, I have looked over the fixtures and think w can really be in a shot with actually catching Chelsea if they stumble. Of the top three teams, we have the easiest run by a long shot.

Its going to be an interesting end of the season, although I am not happy with the Chelsea - Man Utd game being moved til after the FA Cup final, instead of after our game against Chelsea. It totally baffles me how the FA can just up and change such a big game, or any game for that matter, on such circumstances.

Ridge

Watch the game early in the morning, cracking match, no regrets at all.

- Barca's defence is such a joke.
- Madrid played really well. (Beckham Graveson Casillas ...)
- Hope we play 4-3-3 someday. :?
- We should swap Reyes for Owen. 8)

KingReyes

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
I agree totally patrick42uk, I have looked over the fixtures and think w can really be in a shot with actually catching Chelsea if they stumble. Of the top three teams, we have the easiest run by a long shot.

Its going to be an interesting end of the season, although I am not happy with the Chelsea - Man Utd game being moved til after the FA Cup final, instead of after our game against Chelsea. It totally baffles me how the FA can just up and change such a big game, or any game for that matter, on such circumstances.

11 points is still a gap too far to catch up on, I'm just happy to see Arsenal winning again and a win at the Chavs would definately give us a confidence boost and maybe drop theirs.

Also regardng the Man U vs Chelsea game, that was moved due to the Mancs being in the FA Cup semi, I haven't looked at the fixtures myself but it seems that the rescheduled date was the best option. Still I don't think it will make a difference as I can't see Chelsea dropping 11 points.

arnoldi

The 1st game of the LA Liga I have watche this season and what a game !!!The most entertaining league in the world served to its billing

Barcelona

Valdes- overworked
Belletti- Over attacked leaving gaps
GIo - Over attacked leaving gaps
Oleguer- Lacked support at the back but played well
Puyol- Battled Hard
Marquez - Wrong person at the right place with some of those chances.Noticed he was playing in midfield instead of defence

Iniesta - Battled hard
Xavi - Good
Ludwig Giuly- Gave Real Problems until he wqas subbed

Ronaldinho- Ran out of superlatives to describe him . Strong Contender fro MOTM
Samuel Eto - Brilliant Goal Very good game till he got injured

Real

Cassillas- Saved from Marquez, Ronaldinho Eto
Salgado - Kept Gio's Overllapping runs at bay
Carlos - Good Defensive display . Did not overlap as he usually does

Pavon -read game well. Has a bright Career
Helguera - Helped keep Barca in check
Gravesen - Hardman Kept pace for the whole 90 minutes

Beckham- MOTM Never been an admirer of Beckham may be cause of Manu ties that he has . He chased every ball that was 20 meters near him I even saw him sprint past Gio with the ball and give a defence splitting pass. The pass to owen for the goal!!

Zidane - Not quite as effective as the Zizou of old . Close ball control Phenomenal . i think the injury affected him

Owen - Ran hard . Good execution for the goal . 11 goals in 13 starts says it all

Ronaldo Was up for it from the word go . Strong contender for MOTM

Raul - The injury to the eye did not slow him down . Good game

Top Bottom