• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid V Barcelona

teitzo

I didn't see the match but by the sounds of it Madrids performance could have saved them all from a major clear out this summer - though i still think you'll see big changes there. we'll have to see

Arnie

what a game. Beckham was the best player. All the madrid players turned up for once. hujja, zidanes goal doesn't even make top 3!!

1. It was Ronahldhinio for sheer magic.

2. Raul for an excellent team goal from one part of the pitch to the other.

3. Owens goal for an excellent pass from beckham.

Mark

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
hopefully this inspires our boys to do something at the bridge next week. win and the gap is eight points. ok, so there will only be 15 points left to play for but when you consider chelsea's last five games include trips away to newcastle, bolton and man utd it makes it interesting. even more so if they are still in the cl which could mean resting players, something that has cost chelsea points on a number of occasions this season.

I've got to say I'm starting to hope again as well. Chelsea are suddenly getting injuries and conceding goals and have difficult games ahead. We are getting key players back and our worst form seems to be behind us. If we win at the bridge the psychological blow it could have on them could be big as well.

Of course if we dont win at the bridge, it would be over.

thegame24

Established Member
real and barcas defence are terrible.

i reckon we would wipe the floor with them on our day and either one on their day.

great match though, ronaldinho was quality surrounded by crap, barca should have won just like we should have against mancs.

real took their chances, barca didnt

Canuck

Established Member
Finally got to watch the match last night before bed. Thank goodness!
Great match. Resurgent Becks, but he couldn't keep that up for an entire season. No Way!
R.Carlos had some brutal defending in the 2nd and was lucky not to concede a penalty.

Casillas was the POTM for me. Even looked great coming out to claim crosses. Hard to find a keeper who's that confident.

One nitpicking moment about Madrid. Ronny's free kick, the wall jumped and the ball went between Becks and Ronaldo. They couldn't have stopped it, but Beckham turned sideways when he jumped and made a big hole in the wall. Shame on him, he should know better.

JB

Real Madrid plays well? NO!

Barça put the football quality and Madrid scored the goals.

Casillas demonstrated he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Real Madrid played an incredible lucky match.

The match could to finish 3-6

JB

Ridge said:
Watch the game early in the morning, cracking match, no regrets at all.

- Barca's defence is such a joke.
- Madrid played really well. (Beckham Graveson Casillas ...)
- Hope we play 4-3-3 someday. :?
- We should swap Reyes for Owen. 8)

Barça's defence WAS a joke in this match but is the best defence in la Liga.

Reyes for Owen? :lol: Owen scores a goal and he makes nothing the rest of the match.

kanuuu

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
hopefully this inspires our boys to do something at the bridge next week. win and the gap is eight points. ok, so there will only be 15 points left to play for but when you consider chelsea's last five games include trips away to newcastle, bolton and man utd it makes it interesting. even more so if they are still in the cl which could mean resting players, something that has cost chelsea points on a number of occasions this season.

If we were to beat Chelsea, the lead would be cut down to 8 points, and then their next 3 games are Fulham at home, Bolton away and Charlton at home. I think we would need them to drop at least 3 point in these matches because that would mean that the gap would be 5 points in the last 2 games where they face Man U and Newcastle away, i think United will beat them and Newcastle could scrape a draw. IF we were to win all of our remaining games this would put us on equal points and we may improve our goal difference enough to have caught up with them.

It would have to be an incredible run of bad form from Chelsea, which i really can't see hapening, and i can't see us winning all of our games either. But **** it i like being optimistic. We're gonna be champions!! :p

Canuck

Established Member
Can't really see it happen either but strangeer things have happened. Let's hear the cry again; ARSENAL FOR THE DOUBLE! :p

patrick42uk

Established Member
JB said:
Ridge said:
Reyes for Owen? :lol: Owen scores a goal and he makes nothing the rest of the match.

a few arsenal fans here seem to want that. maybe a case of wanting what you dont have. we have to settle for a front four capable of creating and scoring, but i think some of our fans are getting bored with that. even if the 'intricate' way we play is effective.

JGooner

patrick42uk said:
JB said:
Ridge said:

a few arsenal fans here seem to want that. maybe a case of wanting what you dont have. we have to settle for a front four capable of creating and scoring, but i think some of our fans are getting bored with that. even if the 'intricate' way we play is effective.

Well, it's effective until we play Champions League matches against half-decent opposition, at which point all the intricacy amounts to nothing.

Gooner83

Terrible Defence Barca have, its a debate who has the worst now between the two.

However Ronaldinho manges to always look good even if hes on a loosing side.

A wonderful thing that :mrgreen:

I hope Beckham was taking tips from the freekick.

quattro

JGooner said:
patrick42uk said:
JB said:
Ridge said:

Well, it's effective until we play Champions League matches against half-decent opposition, at which point all the intricacy amounts to nothing.
huh? we've scored in every champions league game we've played this (diappointing) year. i think that the idea that our "pretty" style of attacking football is incapable of breaking down better european defences is ultimately a myth. our defence however is another story...

patrick42uk

Established Member
JGooner said:
patrick42uk said:
JB said:
Ridge said:

the stats would probably challenge the fact we dont score in europe, but lets assume that were true. we say henry is the best striker in the world, but apparantly he doesnt shirk big games. its more a case of the midfield creativity being stifled. so what difference will owen make? owen does score goals, but so does henry. the cruical point being owen depends on the creativity of others (far more so than henry) and rarely makes his own chances. owen does not add to our creativity. signing owen, IMO, will not improve from our already impressive level of attacking.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
JB said:
Ridge said:

Owen one chance one goal.

If Reyes is clean through he will either scuff it wide or run into the defender and fall on his arse and get up with a stupid grin on his face.

Gurgen

Established Member
Only when Reyes receives the ball outside the box he can go past his man, shoot on goal and make things happen, while Owen will have to pass it back to someone else. That's the difference. Anyone can learn how to finish, and so will Reyes.

Aussie

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
JB said:
Ridge said:

Owen one chance one goal.

If Reyes is clean through he will either scuff it wide or run into the defender and fall on his arse and get up with a stupid grin on his face.

:lol: :lol:

Arnie

They are different players at the momet, owen is closer to a van nistlerooy, reyes is closer to an Henry. They said Henry couldn't finish when he first came here, its certainly something you can teach!

Top Bottom