• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid V Barcelona

patrick42uk

Established Member
Dula said:
Owen scored a lot of goals for Liverpool, who were never as creative as us.

he never scored 20 prem league goals.

i'm not doubting his goalscoring ability. his england record speaks for itself. infact, i quite like owen as a player. i just question whether he could improve us as is being suggested. whether the 'new dimension' he would supposedly give us would actually be a positive one.

thegame24

Established Member
JB said:
Ridge said:
Watch the game early in the morning, cracking match, no regrets at all.

- Barca's defence is such a joke.
- Madrid played really well. (Beckham Graveson Casillas ...)
- Hope we play 4-3-3 someday. :?
- We should swap Reyes for Owen. 8)

Barça's defence WAS a joke in this match but is the best defence in la Liga.

Reyes for Owen? :lol: Owen scores a goal and he makes nothing the rest of the match.

that goes to show ow easy it is to score against teams in la liga.
useless defences.

Hilal

We do not need Owen but rather a skillfull target man, in the mould of an Adriano or Ibrahimovic, who can hold the ball, get in the box, but can create when the ball is played to feet . Van Persie could fill this role but he's probabley not mature enough, nor strong enough to fill that role..yet.

On Reyes, his finishing is abysmal, but he can learn. But perhaps not to the extent that Henry did. Henrys progress in terms of his improvement was incredible, from a erratic raw winger, to a deadly winger/striker. And it puts an extreme burden on Jose for us to expect this.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I'm not really a fan of Owen but I'd like to see us try something different.

To those who say Adriano or Zlatan would improve us, well derrrrrrrrr - those two are outrageously good.

I'd love a canny striker - eg Davor Suker, Batistuta or Romario in their prime, but there doesn't seem to be many strikers of that particular ilk at the mo.

Who remembers Careca? Class player

sanyasi

we have henry, reyes, aliadiere and RvP. thats four strikers. Quincy and Lupoli in the youth machine. thats more than enough. wenger will not be buying a striker this year. just as he will not be changing anything at RB.

Taozhe

It just goes to show that defence wins games. Having ronaldinho or henry doesn't mean you are going to win.

Double_H

Established Member
Oh so you guys say a great Finish from owen ...HAHAHA go look at the goal again its next to the keeper but he was Nervous i guess i dont know

Owen :roll:

Top Bottom