• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid vs Valencia

GlasgowGooner

anyone watch it? Disgraceful decsion to give that penalty to Real 2mins into injury time by the ref, they really are the Man U of spain :evil:

VCC

Highly debatable decision. The defender had his arm on Raul's shoulder but Raul was leaning all over him. It's a shame really the game ended like that.

Aussie

Established Member
VCC said:
Highly debatable decision. The defender had his arm on Raul's shoulder but Raul was leaning all over him. It's a shame really the game ended like that.

Highly debatable id agree with that in fact id go even further and say it was a load of ****.

SuperBob

Yeah i dont agree how players these days just make sure the ball touches the circle were u plant the ball if anyone saw the Coppa Italia match Inter vs Juve all the balls on the penalty spot were just touching the circle Refs need too make sure the ball is right in the circle.

A

Anonymous

Felt gutted for Valencia.

I honestly feel that if we draw Madrid in the CL we would beat them.

JazzG

Established Member
Valencia were mugged, they deserved all 3 points and got nothing!

Sol said:
I honestly feel that if we draw Madrid in the CL we would beat them.

We stand a good chance due to their poor defending

Adam

Established Member
We have galactico's to match them in Cole, Campbell, Toure, Pires, Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp (like yesterday) and potentially Reyes.

But we are not about individuals - we are about quick passing and movement. The style of play always takes precedence over the individual. The fact that Henry is such a great player means he is noticed within that - we cant help that, and it's a positive regardless.

Wenger deserves credit for being one of the only managers to create an original templated style of play in which outstanding individuals fit into and become intergral. Most managers buy the individuals, and create/adapt around that.

Ajax in the 70's were also unique.

They also had the liberty and ablity to play like kids in a park within a template ideal of a style. Cruyff, like Thierry, shone in a total football environment.

Real Madrid have responded and evolved around outstanding individuals due to their financial power. Forget nurtured style - think of financial muscle.

That is why, for me, they will never have the recognition or unity of a truly great team. They are artificcial in my eyes.

Sammer

Established Member
Real´s players are mercenaries, besides Raul maybe who truely is a Real-Kid.

The way Real is getting rid of players (e.g. Hierro) shows, what kind of mentality runs the club. And the players including Zidane & Carlos know about this.

bobbypires

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
anyone watch it? Disgraceful decsion to give that penalty to Real 2mins into injury time by the ref, they really are the Man U of spain :evil:

Real Madrid's best signings are the referees. They always benefit this "team". What happened yesterday is one more chapter in this relationship R.Madrid-referees.

patrick42uk

Established Member
their trophy cabinet suggests that they are one of the gretest european sides. As for arsenal, its all well and good having this unique style that makes us the best footballing team in england. However, it jsut doesnt work in europe as our record suggests. In the future, real madrid will be remembered as a great side for the trophies they have won. as long as the champion league trophy stays elusive to us, such praise will be as well.

JazzG

Established Member
With Zidane in their side they are impressive, without him they look a very different side. He gives them so many options.

Also agree with patrick, until we win the european cup we will never be remembered. This R.Madrid side at times has shown they are possibly one of the best club sides in the history of football.

AFCG7

Established Member
I saw it.. the kind of thing you see in every game of football..referees will never give those.. unless its Real Madrid or Juventus.. or Mike RIley and Steve Bennet at Old Trafford

thegame24

Established Member
Its not the first time they have been let off the hook.

Its a joke. just like Juve used to be in Italy, just like Manure are here madrid are getting away with it.

Alexone234

I thought the whole game was a disgrace. Everytime someone ran near another player there was a tumble and a free kick. The game was worse than boring, no heart no energy. I would rather watch Villa v Southampton than this tripe

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom