• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reality check!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 2,976
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Ok, something ive noticed on here for a while now..

Reyes - Yes, we all know we have the best young talent in the world in him ( imo ) and yes hes fast, skillful, has vision and the whole package but lets not think for one second that he is better than henry .. think how henry would feel if he read this to see after all the great years of work hes put in for us and read the "Oh who needs henry when we have Reyes" garbage thats been on here alot recently...

all im asking is for u lot to calm down on the reyes is faster, reyes is better than henry

plus. I aint saying reyes isnt a good player here its just bugging me with all the reyes over henry stuff ... rant over

kel varnsen

Established Member
i hope this isn't directed at me. i just thought reyes deserved a new thread; becuase he's been outstanding so far. reyes is great and henry is great. what's the problem?

A

Anonymous

no this isnt directed at anyone in particular.. read the past posts for the last 3 weeks ull see why im feeling like this ;)

A

Anonymous

Somehow I dont think Henry is going to read this :wink:

He is still number 1, but the way Reyes has started this season he demands attention.

A

Anonymous

and i have no problem with him getting attention coz he does deserve it.. just i dont like the attention of "hes better than henry" stuff, and ya never kno if henrys gonna read this

Sigun

Chillout Scottish Lass, let people get excited about a player if they want.

I dont think many people are starting threads titled "Reyes is better than Henry", its just a comments here and there about how Reyes is getting better and better.

u seem a little over-protective.....reminds me of my mother :lol:

A

Anonymous

Sigun said:
Chillout Scottish Lass, let people get excited about a player if they want.

I dont think many people are starting threads titled "Reyes is better than Henry", its just a comments here and there about how Reyes is getting better and better.

u seem a little over-protective.....reminds me of my mother :lol:

its not me that needs to chill out ... i just cant believe some of the stuff im reading on these forums, and no its not just comments here and there about how hes getting better lol

malagar

Reyes and Henry are both fantastic and I hope that they will be in our line up for a very long time .

The greatest value of Reyes is that he has given a totally new dimension to our attack and takes the pressure off from Henry . Of course we have fantastaic players in Bergie , Pires and Freddie , but before Reyes joined the opposing defenders mainly concentrated on Henry as he was the scorer and provider of half our goals .
But now our attackers leave our opponents headless , because Reyes adds so much extra speed and agression to our attack that you cant leave him without attention . And now when they have two of the greatest attacking players in the premiership to watch for the opposing defenders leave even more space for the others ( which is proven by those 2 goals scored by Freddie today ) and of course both Henry and Reyes have more space themselves :)
Actually We have the best attack in the premiership and Wenger propably has a real headache in picking players - Henry is a sure starter ,and looking at his performance Reyes also , but that means wenger has to leav either Bergie or Pires on the bench and thats a really hard chois , but surely a pleasant one .

thegame24

Established Member
" i just cant believe some of the stuff im reading on these forums, and no its not just comments here and there about how hes getting better "

Amen lassie,

Ive noticed this stuff a lot too, and thats i why i hardly come here anymore.

I believe a few people, even the know it alls make idiotic comments whether its Arsenal related or not.

I guarantee that any of those people who are calling Reyes better than henry and that we dont need henry, will be the same people that say Why didnt Henry play? if wenger ever leaves him out and we lose.
They will be the same people that say, oh i knew we were crap, if we lose in the champions league etc etc
It will be the same people that said GIVE ali a chance and then complained when he played ****e against man u.

Reyes is on hot form and is brilliant now and of course hes made us MUCH better upfront and hes probably made us more effective for European style of play. And for those who say he makes us complete, i might agree.

But individually he is NO T henry, and i know Reyes cant do the things that Henry done for us for the last 3 seasons if he was alone upfront like Henry was. Maybe one day, but not now hes only 20 for gods sake.

Reyes is class, but Henry is that damn better.

Canuck

Established Member
Anyone that says that we don't need Henry is a damn fool. Henry is the #1 attacker on this team, and the #1 striker in the Premship. Now I'm as happy as the next Gooner that Reyes is on our side, and I'm impressed that he's found his feet and is making an impact in the Premship (a task which many foreign players have failed to do!) but he is not a replacement for Henry! No way!
Now Henry already has already given most of the defenders in the EPL the night terrors, but having Henry + Reyes must really scare the crap out of everyone. The sum of the parts is greater than the individual...keep up the great work everyone.

p.s.
any player that checks in with the forum should really take everything posted here with a grain of salt. We are all quick to praise, and quick to comdemn. Some are just quicker than others. :wink:

goonerlove

Henry is still our #1 most important player. He creates and scores so many goals, even when defenses play well. Reyes makes us better, but Henry is our bedrock.

Goonerlove

Henry's Girl

Scottish Lass said:
Ok, something ive noticed on here for a while now..

Reyes - Yes, we all know we have the best young talent in the world in him ( imo ) and yes hes fast, skillful, has vision and the whole package but lets not think for one second that he is better than henry .. think how henry would feel if he read this to see after all the great years of work hes put in for us and read the "Oh who needs henry when we have Reyes" garbage thats been on here alot recently...

all im asking is for u lot to calm down on the reyes is faster, reyes is better than henry

plus. I aint saying reyes isnt a good player here its just bugging me with all the reyes over henry stuff ... rant over
AMEN.
6 in 6 for Reyes and ppl forgot the 30 goals machine man.
Henry is and will always be the KING OF HIHGBURY.

I hope Reyes continue his great run cos same ppl will call for his head if he doesnt.

Henry's Girl

Plus, I bet these ppl will all vote reyes as man of match(even tho they didnt see a minute of the game), when quite frankly Freddie was the man.

patrick42uk

Established Member
reyes= 5 prem goals

henry= 4 prem goals and 8 assists, an inovlvement with 12 of our 19 goals.

believe me, henry remains top dog by far.

i'm disappointed reyes hasnt had more assists. even freddie has more (3)

A

Anonymous

i agree but its the ppl who still say taht henry is jealous of reyes and such
for ****s sake henry is a grown mature adult
he's not some child
get a grip

A

Anonymous

henry's girl said:
Plus, I bet these ppl will all vote reyes as man of match(even tho they didnt see a minute of the game), when quite frankly Freddie was the man.

i wanted freddie to get MOTM :D he worked his ass off today!

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
i'm disappointed reyes hasnt had more assists. even freddie has more (3)

personally im not dissapointed, i think wenger has noticed his attitude to getting in on goal.. i think he was bought as the scorer coz when u look around the team at ppl that can create chances lol bergy henry pires freddie cesc vieira edu cole .. we'd rather need a finisher than a set'er up'er (<-- sorry for that lol cant think of any other way to describe it atm ) as we already have enough of them lol ... again thats just my views on it

malagar

Not to mention that although he hasnt given the final pass to the scorer , Reyes has still played part in the creation of several goals for us this season - He can create chances for others and always tries to do so . Actually we are really lucky because none of our attackers are selfish - they are all willing to pass the ball to a teammate for the goal. Henry with his avalanche of assists and Bergkamp with his fantastic passing job are the best examples of that mentality .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom