• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reality check!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 2,987
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
patrick42uk said:
reyes= 5 prem goals

henry= 4 prem goals and 8 assists, an inovlvement with 12 of our 19 goals.

believe me, henry remains top dog by far.

i'm disappointed reyes hasnt had more assists. even freddie has more (3)
It depends on what you call an assist pat. He may not be the one that does the final ball but he runs so much that he creates space for other players. Also he has played a big part in most of our goal, and is almost always part of the buildup to the goal. Similar in a way to Vieira. Vieira is part of most of our goals as he initiates the attack, but doesn't ave that many assists.

And SL, calm down. No-one is asaying we don't need Henry. As far as I'm concerened he is the best player in the world and should have the tag officially, but even then he is the second best to none other than Zidane, arguably the greatest player of this generation. People are saying that while Henry as a lot of pressure on him to score and assist and basically carry the team on his shoulders, something he has done very well so far, Reyes would ease it. And as a result you would see Henry get into more space as he isn't being marked by 5 people, which is what he used to have. Now Henry and Reyes will get a lot more space and as a result score and assist a lot more. Henry is the top dog ATM, and Reyes is here for the benifit of Henry and the team, BUT in a few years time who knows where Reyes will be?

hesham

Established Member
Reyes is lucky too have TH14 playing next to him cuz he can learn SOO much from him..Reyes should have passed twice 2day instead orf shooting but hopefully he'll learn to look up more

kel varnsen

Established Member
blablabla

reyes has, together with bergkamp, been arsenal's best players this season. BY FAR! thierry henry is extremely important to arsenal, but reyes and bergkamp deserves a lot of praise! they've been absolutely great! so shut it; i will continue to hail bergkamp and reyes!!! my two favourite players at arsenal...

Mark

Established Member
On current form, perhaps Reyes is performing better than Henry, or in my opinion he is more noticeable, but it does not make him a better player. He perhaps has the potential to be better, but he might not achieve that for years. Henry is not at his best yet, but has still been brilliant and influencial. Reyes didn't have Euro 2004 and had a longer pre-season, so he may currently be in better shape than Henry.

A

Anonymous

reyes is jsut doing what jefers couldnt do
b a good poacher
once he starts playin like he did for seville
aresnal will be a joy ot watch

A

Anonymous

For **** sake, even a thread questioning people saying reyes is better has turned into people turning on reyes. People supplying statistics to 'prove' henry is the better player :shock: :roll: thats something we do to united fans to show our striker is better than theres. NOT to compare our 2 players. they are both great, there should be no arguments because they are both gooners.

Is 5 goals in 5 games not good enough? "even freddie" doesnt have as many goals. Different jobs for different players. Someone has to be at the end of the assist to score it, reyes is that man. People expect so much. Like last year freddie was apparently great because he was total **** attacking and ****ed all attacks up but he did get back and defend :roll: or wasnt wiltord not good enough because he didnt get back and defend :|

The fickleness of some people on this board is unbelievable. Sadly the recent poll on should we bring back volz, (even after he had been sold) and the huge % that voted bring him back really shows that there are a few, shall we say, plums out there.
If people want to think reyes is better let them, who really cares.

beanz

theguvnor said:
there are a few, shall we say, plums out there.
Prime candidates for inclusion in my favorite pudding (a subject second only to the Arse in importance) Plum crumble.
Mmmmm, I'm dribbling just thinking about it.
Damn, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say now, I'm too easily distracted.
Now i remember, Jose good, Titi gooder and Freddy goodest :p

Lord Dula

Established Member
Jevus Christ.

As they say in China, Scottish Lass, you no stressy.

I'll tell you what this is like, then maybe we can all get on with our lives again. This is like a lovely couple, I'm talking so in love with each other they should make a movie about it, who live in suburbia with a beautiful 3 year old darling son. Then after a heavy night's drinking in a strip club daddy gets the horn, drives home 4 or 5 times over the limit, gets in, drags the wife upstairs and shows her how much he really loves her.

9 months down the line along comes baby numero 2. The couple were surprised at this, daddy had just thought mummy was getting fat. Anyways, at first the couple were'nt too sure how this new baby would fit into the family's cosy little set-up.

It wasn't long before they realised how sweet the new born actually was. The little'un needed lots of care and attention at first. Infact all the couples friends would pop over to admire the knew bundle of joy.

After a few months, the 3 year old son got feds up with all the attention the new baba was getting, and frequently had tantrums. Now mummy and daddy being good parents had read books about parenting successfully, so every now and then they would cuddle the 3 year old son, buy him presents and tell him how much they love him. For you see, the parents loved both children just as much as the other.

However, the couple's friends would still come over and gawk at the new comer. This carried on for several months until the new baby had grown just that little bit, then the friends would give both children equal amounts of attention.

The end.

There you go hot Scottish Lass, problem solved.

Credits

Mummy played by A. Wenger
Daddy played by D.Dein.
3 year old son played by T. Henry
New baby played by J.A. Reyes.
Couple's friends played by Arsenal's internet fans.
Written and directed by Dula.

beanz

I don't think Steven Speiberg's got anything to worry about, although Quentin Tarantino my be looking to his Laurels :p

patrick42uk

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Is 5 goals in 5 games not good enough? "even freddie" doesnt have as many goals. Different jobs for different players. Someone has to be at the end of the assist to score it, reyes is that man. People expect so much.

i'm disappointed because i believe wenger's philosphy is for his front four players to be providers and scorers. i havent berated reyes' five goals, which is a decent return considering he is still adjusting to the prem, but his assists tally shows there is room for improvement. the comparison with henry shows where reyes will want to be in the future.

tbbosa

Reyes had 2 chances to pass the ball to collegues against Fulham and he didn't ...he instead chose to shoot way over the goal!!!

If Henry had such chance he would have chosen to pass the ball. In there lies the secret of being great. Hopefuly Reyes will grow and learn to pass more....because that is the Arsenal way!!

Aussie

Established Member
tbbosa said:
Reyes had 2 chances to pass to Henry against Fulham and he didn't ...he instead choose to shoot way over the goal!!!

!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What a hog. Lets drop him.

Its called backing yourself.

A

Anonymous

Reyes had 2 chances to pass to Henry against Fulham and he didn't ...he instead choose to shoot way over the goal!!!
You think henry would of passed to reyes? i dont.

A

Anonymous

theguvnor said:
For f**k sake, even a thread questioning people saying reyes is better has turned into people turning on reyes. People supplying statistics to 'prove' henry is the better player :shock: :roll: thats something we do to united fans to show our striker is better than theres. NOT to compare our 2 players. they are both great, there should be no arguments because they are both gooners.

Is 5 goals in 5 games not good enough? "even freddie" doesnt have as many goals. Different jobs for different players. Someone has to be at the end of the assist to score it, reyes is that man. People expect so much. Like last year freddie was apparently great because he was total s**t attacking and f*d all attacks up but he did get back and defend :roll: or wasnt wiltord not good enough because he didnt get back and defend :|

The fickleness of some people on this board is unbelievable. Sadly the recent poll on should we bring back volz, (even after he had been sold) and the huge % that voted bring him back really shows that there are a few, shall we say, plums out there.
If people want to think reyes is better let them, who really cares.

Well said fella.

Guv at his ranting best!

Henry's Girl

theguvnor said:
You think henry would of passed to reyes? i dont.
YES
he did against blackburn. He was in a better position to score than reyes was against fulham but still he passed to reyes.

btw, some of you are not getting SL's post. She's not trying to make Reyes an ememy(we all love Reyo), try and read her post again and get it right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom