• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Recurring mistakes in big games

Why do our players make so many mistakes?

• Lack of confidence

• Lack of fortitude

• Lack of leadership

• Fear of failure

• Other reason

Results are only viewable after voting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we take the Tottenham game as a barometer, what would you feel is the main issue with our players? A lack of ability is not the option here, as Kola excluded, most of our players play well generally.

Sead Kolasinac: Wrong pass leads to a goal in the first half. Proceeds to **** his pants for the rest of the game. Never recovers.

David Luiz: Makes a few mistakes initially but general performance does not suffer. Makes a few good runs late on. Consistent (stupid) performance throughout.

Shkodran Mustafi: Coped well with Kane until late in the game. After the slip, he literally morphs into another player. Never recovers.

Granit Xhaka: Has cut out the mistakes recently but conistenly used to have a brain fart per game. Plays too safe.

Heccccy Bellerin: Played well against Tottenham but rarely seems to be firing on all cylinders these days after the injury. Plays too safe.

We have a few players like Luiz, Laca, Pepe, Özil who do strut around the pitch with confidence, but I think too many of our players are just too timid. They get hounded after a mistake, and cannot cope.

What do you guys think?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They crumple when put under big pressure by other teams Wenger Emery and now Mikel couldn't fix that meaning nobody will they most are midtable quality and that where we finding ourselves. they also playing backwards and too safe because they afraid of making mistakes and not trust their ability.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The players aren’t good enough. Simple really. Its not even their fault, if Arsenal give me a contract I’ll play too, but I’m going to be terrible.

You give Luiz a contract and play him, you’re asking for mistakes.

Why did Luiz get a new deal? Great footballer? All I keep hearing is “he’s a great guy”.

Since the return, we’ve lost 3, drawn 1, and beat Wolves? Look at the games we’ve dropped points in and lost, all mistakes by defenders.

Top Quality

None of them are ever good, but they do seem to be even worse in big games. It almost seems like the more nervous I am about a game, the more likely they are to make all the wrong decisions.

It really is the opposite of what my nerves need.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is not lack of leadership, fortitude, confidence or fear of failure.

If it was the above reasons successive managers like wenger, Emery, Freddie and Arteta would have been able to improve them in that aspect.

The truth is much more simpler.

It's lack of quality!

We keep complaining that our managers didn't put put in place a good defensive structure. Yet Arteta has done just that, still Our defenders keep making errors.

At what point do we need to face the truth?

Our defenders are not good enough

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bellerin
Mustafi
Luiz
Kolasinac
Tierney.

You can easily find better players in the teams below us apart from maybe Tierney. That defence is shocking.

And what worse is the back ups are equally as bad.

Holding
Chambers
Sokratis
Soares.

I dont know what happened at Arsenal but for about 15 years we have completely failed in terms of recruitment in defence. And even before that we got lucky that Sol wanted to come to us and Kolo turned out to be a hidden gem.

Say what you like about Per and Kos but they were in teams hammered by Chelsea Liverpool Bayerns etc.

Is it so hard to find a decent defender these days? Or are we just looking in the wrong places?

Manberg

Predator
We’ve known our defenders are not good enough for years and years, but we choose to put it aside because we have limited budgets and rather that goes into attacking players in order to see beautiful football. If we’re going to get a top defender we’d need a hidden gem, because big money won’t come.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Good players also tend not to make mistakes? Think it's part of the whole 'being good' thing. A good player is also more confident and less likely to **** themselves in a big game.

You sign guys like Tierney who are good? They play well.

It's less a case of crumbling under pressure and more a case of poor players being exposed against opposition that are good enough to punish them.

I've seen Kola do worse than what he did the other day, it just didn't get punished by someone with the pace and finishing ability of Son HM.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We’ve known our defenders are not good enough for years and years, but we choose to put it aside because we have limited budgets and rather that goes into attacking players in order to see beautiful football. If we’re going to get a top defender we’d need a hidden gem, because big money won’t come.

It's just an ignorance. We are Arsenal we wont spend 40m on a Lewis Dunk. We will spend 200m on a front line of attractive names but we wont sign no nonsense, unglamorous players because we are Arsenal. And this whole idea of pretty nice attractive football. Theres nothing nice about trying to play Bayern or Barcelona at their own game.

Sp**s played ugly horrible football yesterday. 3 points was all that mattered.

It's incredible that some fans still want nice football and losing matches over winning 1 0 ugly.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crap poll. It's missing literally the biggest reasons. Lack of talent and intelligence.
Intelligence does not rule out mistakes.

Other reason: They're all ****e.

/thread.
Lack of talent is a cop-out statement I feel.

Since the return, we’ve lost 3, drawn 1, and beat Wolves? Look at the games we’ve dropped points in and lost, all mistakes by defenders.
We do not seem to be doping anything to offset the lapses in concentration. you have three at the back, but then you have Kola in it. :facepalm:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I feel like the biggest issue is actually focus. It seems we switch off at certain times and then make rash decisions.(Defensively). I think Arteta is working on it. I think a big part is that you need to train with focus to keep the focus on match-day. It's a long road for sure though. And from what I've gathered alot of people are getting **** for not giving it all during training.

Manberg

Predator
It's just an ignorance. We are Arsenal we wont spend 40m on a Lewis Dunk. We will spend 200m on a front line of attractive names but we wont sign no nonsense, unglamorous players because we are Arsenal. And this whole idea of pretty nice attractive football. Theres nothing nice about trying to play Bayern or Barcelona at their own game.

Sp**s played ugly horrible football yesterday. 3 points was all that mattered.

It's incredible that some fans still want nice football and losing matches over winning 1 0 ugly.

You say that, but when we do win games ugly without playing attractive football people get their tits up ready to shoot. It’s how it is.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lack of balance in midfield for me.

Think both players are in good form but we are on some high and mighty bullshit playing just the likes of Xhaka & Dani in these games. Its arrogant & we have been for years.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It is a lot of factors combined, but generally our squad quality is declining each season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom