• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's had plenty of chances this season to show something and he just isn't doing it. What can we do? We can't just keep playing him if he doesn't perform. Harsh reality but maybe just maybe he's not as good as people think he is. But I don't really want to give up on him. Luckily he'll get another chance vs Forrest.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's not just two game though is it? He was poor on loan, **** during pre-season and has been generally poor when given chance so far. Why should he get chances over other players?
The "He should be given more chances" brigade needs to understand that Emery watches Nelson for like 5 hours a day and he doesn't need to give him 20 starts to judge his abilities. I'd say Emery's opinion about player's skills is his biggest strength so far, letting go guys like Welbeck, Wilshere, Iwobi, etc. were spot on decisions, Wenger would have kept a half of that lot.
Nelson fanboys were ****ting on Mkhi and Iwobi last season, and now Emery is showing them that Nelson isn't any better right now.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's not just two game though is it? He was poor on loan, **** during pre-season and has been generally poor when given chance so far. Why should he get chances over other players?
He wasnt poor on loan nor was he even **** during preseason, he was very promising in the latter games of preseason in particular.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's had plenty of chances this season to show something and he just isn't doing it. What can we do? We can't just keep playing him if he doesn't perform. Harsh reality but maybe just maybe he's not as good as people think he is. But I don't really want to give up on him. Luckily he'll get another chance vs Forrest.
He hasn't had plenty of chances. Hes had 1 and a half games.

I'm not even debating that he has to start. I'm just pissed people are already talking **** about him and he hasn't even had a proper go yet. It's too soon.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Now I know you are just yanking my chain, he sure as **** was not very impressive in any of the matches. He might have been half decent in one and that's about it.

He couldn't even get a look in on loan after his little purple patch dried up.

But then again I forgot fanboys on here were actually trying to **** on one of the most promising upcoming manager in football right now to make excuses for Reiss not performing.

DasBootist

The "He should be given more chances" brigade needs to understand that Emery watches Nelson for like 5 hours a day and he doesn't need to give him 20 starts to judge his abilities. I'd say Emery's opinions about player's skills is his biggest strength so far, letting go guys like Welbeck, Wilshere, Iwobi, etc.were spot on decisions, Wenger would have kept a half of that lot.
Nelson fanboys were ****ting on Mkhi and Iwobi last season, and now Emery is showing them that Nelson isn't any better right now.
Ok. Why does he keep starting Xhaka, though?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He reminds me of Willian or Cuarado at Juventus. I wonder if he would be better off on the right wing. Less to think about, just beat a man put it in the box. Saka already has that figured out. Nelson for me is the most talented out of the Hale End group but he probably needs the most patience because unfortunately he has an identity crisis and a dumbass manager

scytheavatar

Established Member
The "He should be given more chances" brigade needs to understand that Emery watches Nelson for like 5 hours a day and he doesn't need to give him 20 starts to judge his abilities. I'd say Emery's opinions about player's skills is his biggest strength so far, letting go guys like Welbeck, Wilshere, Iwobi, etc.were spot on decisions, Wenger would have kept a half of that lot.

100% certain Emery would have kept players like Iwobi/Monreal/Mkhi if he had a choice, cause he clearly rates them a lot. But Raul and co have different opinions.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I would agree that he hasn't been given a proper chance, however Saka has come in and produced, which complicates things for Reiss. Hopefully he gets a start against Forest.
This. Exactly. This is what youngsters have to do. Grab the chances ala Willock and Saka.
Reiss simply has not produced anything to notice as of yet.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
IMO the reason why Nelson has struggled the most is because he is physically the worse out of the Hale End group. He needs to go on a program to bulk up because he probably does not feel confident to take people on like he does at u23 level. He should alter his game to make more runs like Saka. Also, putting him on the right will force him to make better decisions.

I think he has actually bulked up. He's alot taller and quite built. He used to be very lighweight but has bulked up considerably. He'll get his chance against Forest and I feel he will score.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

What worries me about Nelson is that he kind of doesn't look arsed a lot of the time. In particular with his off the ball duties and that's exactly how you fall out of favour as a youngster and get left behind.

progman07

Established Member
People don't deserve any youngsters in the squad. Simple as that. Stick with Xhaka and Mustafi, they are better scapegoats than someone like Nelson (or Saka, Holding, Tierney tomorrow after 1-2 inconsistent performances).

I guess it's so easy to look good in a mix of systems which none of our players really understand of accept, It's easy to adapt when the whole team with or without you is struggling to keep control of a game, when you have to play in a different position next to different players every game. It's especially easy if you know you must perform every 10 minutes or you can get substituted as early as the end of the first half.

No.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People don't deserve any youngsters in the squad. Simple as that. Stick with Xhaka and Mustafi, they are better scapegoats than someone like Nelson (or Saka, Holding, Tierney tomorrow after 1-2 inconsistent performances).
What is this? Nobody is making him a scapegoat. Talk about jumping to conclusions. The fact of the matter is he has not taken his chance with both hands. We have a season to play here.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

I guess it's so easy to look good in a mix of systems which none of our players really understand of accept, It's easy to adapt when the whole team with or without you is struggling to keep control of a game, when you have to play in a different position next to different players every game. It's especially easy if you know you must perform every 10 minutes or you can get substituted as early as the end of the first half.

No.
No ones making him a scapegoat. Only thing we're saying is that on current form Saka is ahead of him. Do you disagree?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Willock doesn't play the same position. Willock is competing with Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka and Ceballos for game time. Nelson is competing with Saka and Martinelli for game time. Right now Saka is outpacing the crowd. Its very interesting, the competition for places, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom