Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Arseshavin

Arseshavin Active Member

I think he could do well as a second striker. He's seems to be great at moving into the box undetected or finding space unmarked.

krackpot likes this.
  2. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

His dribbling was much better tonight which was good to see. Glad he grabbed a goal too. That should be a weight off his shoulders.

3. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

Absolutely awful haircut he is sporting. Starting to look like Iwobi and that is no one you want to emulate.

Also, if you're like me and you missed it, here is a highlight video of the match.

4. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Dead trim.

5. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

This guy has the potential to be the most hated academy player after AMN and Iwobi. Everything he needs is there but will just **** his pants when we need him.

6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Started so well and faded after the injury but popped up in the last minutes with a goal. I saw a lot more from Reiss last night than I have before.

Artisan likes this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Saka coming in and doing well might be the wake-up call he needs.

BigPoppaPump and Wrighty4eva like this.
  8. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

It will look better when it gets longer.

9. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

I don't know but he looks to restrict himself on pitch while playing for Arsenal. He is a different player while playing for England u21. He should emulate himself more like Raheem Sterling and not Alex Iwobi. For now he looks more like Iwobi.

10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

11. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

My boy reiss held it down yesterday, one of our most dangerous looking players...

krackpot likes this.
  12. Mark Tobias

Felt he faded in and out of the game and he was unfortunate actually. First 15 minutes him and Willock were just owning it together. Then ESR picked up an injury and that forced the switch which seemed to stunt Nelson's confidence periodically. Was happy to see him pop up in patches but I still feel he can offer much more. I was disappointed for him (not in him) because I felt like the injury (to ESR) really came at a bad time for Nelson

13. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

This fading in and out of games and/or having difficulties partaking in them was evident at Hoffenheim already. He's got to leave his mark on games more. Don't know if it's confidence or concentration or what, but he needs to work on that cause he's a good player actually.

14. Mark Tobias

I know what you mean but it felt a bit different on Tuesday. To me it looked like he was heading for a brilliant showing and the switch came at the exact most inopportune moment for him.
    I get what you mean though. They need to take these chances and if things like that completely change the plans, they need to adapt. My point is that the switch was never the initial plan and he seemed to be confident when we were not forced to change to plan B

Toby Andrl likes this.
  15. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Funny his uncle roasted him on IG about this too :lol:

16. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Nah, his free kick was such a quality one, you would never imagine Iwobi taking one of those in his career. Iwobi had the physique and touch, but Nelson has, or seems to have that final third quality which is needed to reach top level.

Of course, mentality and luck will decide afterall anyways.

17. say yes

say yes To VAR

Really want it to work out, but I just don’t see it with Nelson.

Doesn’t seem to be able to make an impact on games at the top level.

18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Wish that shot fell on his right. A few nice touches and moments but nothing impactful. Slow progress. Look forward to him starting v Liege.

Geofranco and Iceman10 like this.
  19. Mark Tobias

I don't see it. This guy isn't ready and currently not good enough

20. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Can forget about competition between him and Saka now, and instead develop at his own pace.