Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

1. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Happy for the lad, much, much better today from him. Took the game to the opposition.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

I think he’s quite good tbh. He’s just not a fearless young player who will burst on the scene with a bang, nothing wrong with being a slow burner.

krackpot, krengon and El Duderino like this.
  3. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Created a lot of chances tonight, great performance!

4. Bagels

Bagels Well-Known Member

Looked quality out there, happy for him. Attacked his man, put in some decent crosses and altogether looked capable. More to come from him, just needs to keep at it.

5. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Looked good. Too desperate to take a shot when there is no chance for it to actually get somewhere though.

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Better. Building his confidence slowly. Threatening all game, believed in his dribbling a lot more, got close quarters with his man and used his acceleration very well. More than anything I was impressed with his final ball today. Do wish he had a goal to his name tonight but the chances he was laying on were very good chances.

Camron, Preacher, krackpot and 4 others like this.
  7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Much much better, gaining confidence which means he can showcase his talent more.

Geofranco and Rex Banner like this.
  8. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Nelson and Willock are my favourite of the Hale End quartet so I’ll fight anyone talks rubbish on them. On a serious note, loved Nelson’s willingness to be direct and take people on. Needs to do it against better opposition though

9. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Him and Saka might both be able to step and cover the left wing this year for us.

His shooting had a bit more fizz than it has done, looks good when he’s taking pot shots.

10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Can't be understated how well he and Tierney worked together. They were linking up superbly well. If Bellerin and Pepe manage to develop a similar understanding then things will get very tasty.

11. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

He was ok, he can do a lot better though. I wanna see him destroy pub teams like these but it was a solid showing.

12. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Got into less goalscoring positions today. Think on another day, one of his shots go in. Hes hitting the ball with more conviction and drive though, good to see.

I kinda hear this but that's just because I know what he is capable of. It was still a very good game from him overall but theres a lot more in him.

13. Ciscoo

Ciscoo Member

Much better from him tonight. Still some way to go, as he’ll have to be a tad less hesitant in the prem. I think he’ll get up to speed much quicker if we keep more possession than we have of late.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Alot better than his last few games deserved a goal but hopefully that'll help him for upcoming games

15. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Great to see him look more confident and take his man on

16. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Much better than his recent showings. Needs to keep it up.

17. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Definitely a confidence player, unlike willock, guendouzi and martinelli who simply have that x factor of becoming a top player.

But i believe in his talent, he just needs to believe in himself.

18. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Encouraging performance, hopefully he can build on that.. highest ceiling at the club imo, just needs to show it..

celestis and Geofranco like this.
  19. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

He been good last few games.

20. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Definitely better from the left. He’s got a good weaker foot and looks dangerous when cutting inside. Basically him and Saka duking it out for the LW spot.