Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Going by Emery's comments, seems Martinelli is in the mix there too. LW is apparently his preferred spot.

krackpot and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  2. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

That is a bold statement.

3. Geofranco

Geofranco Active Member

If we're talking about technique, then Nelson is definitely the biggest talent.

He has the ability to do whatever he wants with the ball.

Close control, first touch, short passing, long passing, crossing and shooting are all in his arsenal.

He is the perfect attacking prospect. It's all about mentality and for him to keep working hard and not taking his opportunities for granted.

Ciscoo, Arseshavin, krengon and 4 others like this.
  4. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Was at the heart of all our good play in the first half. His interplay with Tierney looked very promising.

Pre-assist for Martinelli's first. Assist for his second. Has the shot which ricochets to Willock for his goal. Should have won a stonewall penalty. Puts one on a plate for Martinelli who somehow missed.

Was a threat all game. Playing himself into some good form.

5. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

He'll be a great false striker one day

6. Kingofthebongo

Kingofthebongo Well-Known Member

I could honestly see that or second striker being his most effective position.

Arseshavin and krackpot like this.
  7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Little hype about what was a good game for him but I think that's kinda good. Gets to develop out of the glare of the doubters. I'm just glad he is building his stock again - soon he will firmly be back in the conversation as long as he keeps this up.

celestis likes this.
  8. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Kinda harsh for Emery not to put him in matchday squad for Bournemouth. Personally, think he could be an option for the elusive number 10 role Emery wants. Would do no harm to try him out there.

9. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

P.S whenever I type, the screen annoyingly zooms off the text box so I can’t always see what I’m typing. Does anyone else get this?

10. MutableEarth

Had to be an injury. Hopefully its not serious and hes back after the break.

RunTheTrap and celestis like this.
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Even with the break this is a bad time to pick up a knock. He's failed to impress and thus may be forgotten a bit. Hope he can prove many of us wrong by Dec

12. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Bad time for Nelson to pick up a knock, hope he recovers and pushes on from there, so much potential.

Peles blue pill likes this.
  13. MutableEarth

He will miss about a week of Arsenal games by my estimation. Its thankfully not long term. Perhaps unfortunate as he was beginning to play his way into form. He should be back for one of the upcoming cup games.

Peles blue pill likes this.