• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I get the affinity towards academy players but let's not beat around the bush here. He was bad, like really bad. Even the finish for the goal was very unconvincing. Martinelli & Saka are younger & already look better, especially Martinelli looks far above his level.
I'm not saying he won't make it but it looks very likely to be the case, very few academy players ever do make it after all

Pepes blue pill

Thought he was decent today, glad to see him finally run at people, almost ****ed up the goal but he deserved it and it won us the match, hopefully gives him more confidence

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
You lot are so annoying in here, so quick to turn on our youth products...frustrating to read this garbage, "he'll never make it" "loan him out", how about some encouragement and support ffs, his first full season and already being branded a failure.
How is that "turning on the youth"

99% of our youth players aren't going to make it as first team players, stating you think a player isn't going to make the step up isn't turning on anyone.

I'll support anyone wearing an Arsenal shirt, doesn't mean I can't be realistic about how I view their prospects.

Last edited:

remains

He had good moments, worked hard and got the winner. There were much worse performers out there today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes i think the 2nd half was much better had alot of opportunity to score glad we got one even tho was messy but will give him a needed lift

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was a constant threat, was dangerous with his dribbling, never let his head drop, worked tirelessly and in the end got his reward with a goal. Not sure what more we'd expect from a youngster barely out of his teens. It seems some have ridiculously high and unrealistic expectations.

#Davido

I think there’s a decent player in there. Not sure he has the mentality or the physicality to become an established player in a top 6 PL club.

StefanB

Think he's a really smart player. His technique is very good, he's a decent passer of the ball and even though he's yet to show it he can really shoot.

He lacks confidence, but the second he acts on instinct or his shoulders are relaxed (like in training) he usually bosses it.

One criticism though is that he need to sort out his boots. He keeps falling over, over and over again..

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just looks really short of confidence. Even when subbed off or at the end of the game, eyes looking down, not a confident posture, not smiling despite winning the game

Arteta will build him up. Not really seen enough to know but Arteta obviously rates him

Pepes blue pill

Think he's a really smart player. His technique is very good, he's a decent passer of the ball and even though he's yet to show it he can really shoot.

He lacks confidence, but the second he acts on instinct or his shoulders are relaxed (like in training) he usually bosses it.

One criticism though is that he need to sort out his boots. He keeps falling over, over and over again..

Yep, think if he can have as much confidence as matteo n martinelli have in themselves then he will go up a notch or two

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He just needs more game time, I’d think about a loan.

You can see a top class player just there under the surface waiting to break out.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Physically lacking when you compare him to a young Zaha or even Hudson Odoi. Zaha had frightening pace which killed defenders as a kid, now he’s added power and obviously improved as a footballer.

Nelson just seems more pedestrian, despite his skills or footballing brain.
It’s not about him being physical enough.

His strengths “skills and football brain” is not even anywhere close to top class. How can people classified him as a good prospect?

This was someone with good skills, football brain and dribbling at a young age:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the loan spell and then what Arsenal went through has really knocked his confidence. He's excellent in the final third and to see him struggling so much is pretty sad.
I'm glad Arteta believes in him because he can be great for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom