• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
He did great after the game opened up. It was a bit worrying with the tight spaces earlier on. We got lucky he was left unmarked. He put in a really good cross with that time and sokratis shocked us all.

Love his speed and agility. May not be great for locked defenses, but excellent with space.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still has those who have an agenda against him but I'm happy he has Arteta behind him and willing to give him opportunities - definitely been written off too quickly, as have a few others in this team. This was a good game to get him started - plucky League One team but a lay-up for someone like Reiss who wants to make an impact. I was impressed with some of his play - still a long way to go before he starts playing like he can but this was promising. Trusted himself on the ball, more willing to go for the dribble and started putting in some decent crosses aswell. Just need to get him closer to goal now so he can shoot.

Yeah first time in a while I’ve seen him backing himself to take on his man. Also had very little help going forwards from his fullback so glad he stayed positive and was our best outlet apart from Saka.

Also, if Nelson was playing in the Austrian League he would have torn it up too, and Sancho had to leave the EPL to get consistent minutes.

Nelson is a quality player, and he's getting better under Arteta.

Club should’ve sorted him out a better loan imo, sending him to a Hoffenheim side in the Champions League was a baffling decision.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
tumblr_o5n944p2LJ1u5zslzo1_400.gif

@MutableEarth now that Nelson is getting some long overdue praise ;)

Impact

Established Member
Best Arsenal performance in a while. Had a robustness and doggedness that has largely been missing from his previous appearances. Next step is building confidence to assert himself as the creative fulcrum in the team. There was a moment in the second half where Nelson and Luiz stood over a free kick. Knowing Reiss’s ability and how the game was going for him, he should have taken ownership and had the shot. That will come with time hopefully but it’s the next step for him. Arteta is behind him as he should be.

Kingofthebongo

In the off season, he needs to blast the strength and conditioning to get a bit of pace and power added to his play. If he adds that dimension, he will be a highly threatening forward in the EPL.

Sometimes a bit of power and pace over your opponent opens up a whole host of options for someone with a wide skill set like Reiss. I'm hopeful of it happening, since it does not seem to me that he has really gone through that man filling up phase yet. (mmman-filling...)

Goonger

Best Arsenal performance in a while. Had a robustness and doggedness that has largely been missing from his previous appearances. Next step is building confidence to assert himself as the creative fulcrum in the team. There was a moment in the second half where Nelson and Luiz stood over a free kick. Knowing Reiss’s ability and how the game was going for him, he should have taken ownership and had the shot. That will come with time hopefully but it’s the next step for him. Arteta is behind him as he should be.

That is a good way to put it. We all know how good he could be, he just needs to believe it himself. He seems to content to be on the periphery of games. His next step is becoming more involved & starting to force his role on the game.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Such talent and good in big and tight spaces. We havent even seen his shooting ability yet. We need him at 10.

Gunner-Union

Really hope he can make it. As for improving pace I thinks it’s just he has the confidence atm to run and defenders and keep going. He has pace so use it. Could be a very exciting player

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why has no one pointed out that it's clear he looks like he's put on muscle?
It was reported that he had hired a PT to work on his power and speed, so that doesn't surprise me. He's still not super quick but he has excellent acceleration and - more importantly - he dribbles at around the same pace as he runs without the ball, which makes him quite unique in this regard. For example, Pepe - one whom most would argue strongly is the more talented dribbler - tends to stop and stand his man up. Nelson doesn't really give you that much time when he's at his most confident.

Ray Parlour today was on TalkSport and on my way out I listened to him call Nelson the future of Arsenal but say that if he had any advice for him, it would be to just start believing in himself more and being more adventurous - take people on, go for more shots, be inventive. I think that right now he's just trying not to do anything wrong lest the fanbase start turning on him again like they have done already this season. That said, I hope he starts to take Parlour's advice once he gets a bit more minutes and confidence under his belt.

Kingofthebongo

It was reported that he had hired a PT to work on his power and speed, so that doesn't surprise me. He's still not super quick but he has excellent acceleration and - more importantly - he dribbles at around the same pace as he runs without the ball, which makes him quite unique in this regard. For example, Pepe - one whom most would argue strongly is the more talented dribbler - tends to stop and stand his man up. Nelson doesn't really give you that much time when he's at his most confident.

Ray Parlour today was on TalkSport and on my way out I listened to him call Nelson the future of Arsenal but say that if he had any advice for him, it would be to just start believing in himself more and being more adventurous - take people on, go for more shots, be inventive. I think that right now he's just trying not to do anything wrong lest the fanbase start turning on him again like they have done already this season. That said, I hope he starts to take Parlour's advice once he gets a bit more minutes and confidence under his belt.

Lol, you're being a bit over protective of the Hale end. I didn't see many turning on him. I think it was just a correction from other fans who pretty much labeled him a bonafide star at that stage already. I mean if there were, then both extremes are wrong (as usual).

He still has a lot of work to do, but if he does follow through with it - he can be very good.

say yes

forum master baiter
It was reported that he had hired a PT to work on his power and speed, so that doesn't surprise me.
Want to see him play against some better opposition (Portsmouth looked sluggish all over the pitch), but, if true, the early results look incredibly promising.

Have always said that the one thing he’s lacking is a physical edge for the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom