• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Isn't saka flourishing as a wingback? I don't believe him being played out of position is the reason he's struggling. When he was given chances by Arteta in his favourite position he still put in underwhelming performances.

Since I started watching him, I have never seen him give us an excellent game like Saka or Martinelli. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. This is not a 'Nelson-bashing post.'

I just feel he doesn't have it in him
When he plays for England under 21 with the likes of Damarai Gray he does not look out of place at all. I think it's his personality, he has to be loved and accepted by his teammates and fans before he starts playing with confidence. I was hoping that he was going to emerge as a good dribler, it has not happened yet. But his ability to find space between lines is good. His first touch and close ball control is very good and that shows natural talent. If the goals and assists come, he will become a totally different player. I still have hope.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I definitely got carried away with Nelson. He has all the ability, but seems to play within himself. Think he needs a loan next season. He's clearly talented, but isn't offering much.

DasBootist

I definitely got carried away with Nelson. He has all the ability, but seems to play within himself. Think he needs a loan next season. He's clearly talented, but isn't offering much.
He's already played on loan with little benefit. I'm confident he'll step up under Arteta and don't want to see him loaned again.

Jadon Sancho is just an example of what I'm saying.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure the squad can carry Nelson, Saka, Rowe, Martinelli, Eddie, Willock, Guendouzi etc. Then we’re linked to Kluivert and other young players.

These are all players who are ready for a first team push. I would consider loans for some of them, Germany or France for Guendouzi maybe.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I forgot AMN. That’s 10 young players.

The new 5 sub rule could be a game-changer. If for the whole of next season (and perhaps the rule will become permanent) you're allowed more players on the bench and 5 subs each game then you can give more minutes to young players that they wouldn't get otherwise.

The 5 sub rule will benefit the superclubs, but it could also benefit us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure the squad can carry Nelson, Saka, Rowe, Martinelli, Eddie, Willock, Guendouzi etc. Then we’re linked to Kluivert and other young players.

These are all players who are ready for a first team push. I would consider loans for some of them, Germany or France for Guendouzi maybe.
Not sure if these kids can carry Özil, Xhaka and Mustafi tbh. Think having Messi here wouldn't be enough to carry these bums

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think a lot of people are are going to be surprised by Nelson. He is extremely sharp. He was actually very sharp in his first game back before lock down, he will also thrive in a stadium with no crowd. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he starts ahead of Pepe.
Think even people who doubt him wouldn't be that surprised. Most people question his mentality, not skills

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He went on loan last season at Hoffenheim and played under Nagelsmann. If he didn't improve in that environment I doubt he'll improve in any other environment.

He's better off staying. If he doesn't improve, we can flog him with a buy back clause

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He went on loan last season at Hoffenheim and played under Nagelsmann. If he didn't improve in that environment I doubt he'll improve in any other environment.

He's better off staying. If he doesn't improve, we can flog him with a buy back clause

He had a very disrupted season though and seemed to play centrally a fair bit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What? Kluivert for 20M will get a push, then you have Martinelli and Saka.

Whatever I think or don’t, him and his people will be wondering about his future if new young signings are coming in on top of all the players that are already ahead of Nelson.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nelson needs a breakthrough moment. He needs to grow into his body a bit and be a bit more direct. Let’s not make the same mistake we did with Gnabry.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Think Nelson will be preferred over Pepe very soon. Superior talent.
I disagree, I like Nelson but Def don't see him as better talent than Pepe. I think Pepe in his prime is Robben 2.0
The speed, dribbling & excellent left foot. He's already shown enough times for me this season he has the quality to be world class. Next season is where I expect he puts it together after being used to playing in Epl.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Nelson needs a breakthrough moment. He needs to grow into his body a bit and be a bit more direct. Let’s not make the same mistake we did with Gnabry.
I agree, I think he's talented player and Arteta will coach him up to become a good well rounded player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom