• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would love to see him get a loan to a Premier League team next season. Ljungberg, Emery and Arteta all seem to rate him as did Naggelsmann, so he must have something.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes but if you remember Serge barely got chance here and has to go on loan to show what he worth. Arteta should sit discuss with him in summer a loan to PL club should be discussed

Yes I agree he needs minutes. But we don’t have too many natural wingers in the squad. Saka has been playing well but he’s only 18 and we have a lot of games coming up in a short period.

There’s room for him to play but maybe Arteta doesn’t think he’s sharp enough yet since the break.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He got MOTM against Portsmouth before the break. There's no reason to panic about this kid.

Expect him to get good minutes
tomorrow.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's missing an explosiveness to his game for me and his technical ability isn't making up for it atm. He's also playing it a bit too safe for a player who's meant to be a bit on the "flashier" side as a player. On the other hand you've got Saka, younger, playing in a similar position, but getting involved well and more able to get his way past players with some nice turn of pace. It's not making him look so good.

I've generally not been Nelson's biggest fan (in comparison to other Hale End prospects at least) so maybe I'm biased, but the clock is ticking for me. He'll deservedly get more chances but he has to step it up or else he'll get left in the dust while Saka, Smith-Rowe, and Willock earn their way in. He hasn't played up to expectations so far for me, not bad but not particularly special.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Back up nothing more imo
You've said that like it's a bad thing! :D Honestly, being a backup at such a big club would be great for him, and maybe later he develops more and becomes a key player.
I like the simplicity in his game, it's mostly nice touches and simple passing, and these are some qualities the first team was missing in recent years.
He looks more like a link between defence and attack than being a winger who will produce 10+ goals/assists

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You've said that like it's a bad thing! :D Honestly, being a backup at such a big club would be great for him, and maybe later he develops more and becomes a key player.
I like the simplicity in his game, it's mostly nice touches and simple passing, and these are some qualities the first team was missing in recent years.
He looks more like a link between defence and attack than being a winger who will produce 10+ goals/assists
Hes abit overrated on here imo, to me he is not learning.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Objectively speaking, he was very decent today. Can't really pinpoint anything he did noticeably wrong at all. Passed well, had a couple of neat dribbles, created a few chances - he misplaced one pass the entire time he was on. Spoken to quite a few other fans elsewhere and most agree that he was not only very promising, but unlucky to be withdrawn so early in the game (that looked like a confidence killer).

Me personally, I was content with his contributions however I expect more from him. He is a very talented player but he just doesn't get involved enough in the game and it's his biggest issue. The main reason being that it adds more weight and pressure on every touch he has of the ball. Willock was having that problem earlier in the season until Arteta made the switch to the 3-4-3. He's just not getting into the game. And I think he still has some fear aswell - likely due to his lack of minutes but he can't afford to be scared. Saka isn't scared, neither is Nketiah or Willock.

One thing I'd like to see is him played in a more central role or perhaps cutting in from the left at some point. But all his problems will be solved if he gets involved more. Demand more, move inside, take people on, take risks. Stop being scared.

Much better tactically and positionally than Pepe. Just needs to up his finishing and end product and he is easily our best RWF.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
You can see he’s good, but he still plays like a youth player. Needs that extra bit of desire and confidence so he can really shine. Loan next season to a PL side is probably best for him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Like anyone believes you :)
:lol:

I think he could have been much better today, apparently I'm being harsh on him according to fans outside AM! I just think he could do better.

I will say, Arteta bringing him off when he did was harsh - but Willock did what Nelson didn't, he demanded the ball and forced himself into the match. That's what Nelson has to do.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Technically he is really good but he really struggles physically. He's very agile but really doesn't have any pace/power, which is vital to cut it as a wide forward in the PL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There lot of difference between him and Saka even Smith-Rowe look better. He need a loan

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
:lol:

I think he could have been much better today, apparently I'm being harsh on him according to fans outside AM! I just think he could do better.

I will say, Arteta bringing him off when he did was harsh - but Willock did what Nelson didn't, he demanded the ball and forced himself into the match. That's what Nelson has to do.
It was harsh because he didn't play at all for a while, but maybe that was the reason then.
I lowered the bar for him and enjoyed his game. If you expect that he's gonna dribble past players for fun and score goals, that's not gonna work and he will leave you feeling disappointed. I just want that he does the basics right for this season and next and build from there.
My biggest worry is that he will end up on same bad loan where he won't play (something that Eddie experienced), and that could be the end of him at Arsenal

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He needs a loan to the Championship, where he plays loads, period.

Somewhere like Brentford or Fulham if they got promoted wouldn’t be a terrible shout.

Especially if Watkins and Benrahma leave Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom