• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we got a chance for a loan to PL club we should accept very quick it'll make him better staying here won't improve him Saka pepe Martinelli all ahead of him and likely we'll buy winger too

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, I think a loan with an option to recall him midway like we did with Eddie is the way to go here.

Unlike Eddie, though, we need to send him somewhere he actually plays.

Like other have said, it seems a mental issue with him. What edge he may have in talent over Eddie, for instance, he lacks in confidence.

Eddie BELIEVES he should and deserves to be playing for us, same goes with Saka (albeit with a more apparent humility), hopefully Nelson gets that confidence soon.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Think he needs to bulk up, he looks really lean which doesn’t suit his game at all.

He needs to get more powerful and explosive. He used to have really good acceleration at youth level, but that has not translated as much in the first team level. I don't think he needs to bulk up too much though. We saw how that negatively affected Wilshere's game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Needs a good pre season under him. Hasnt impressed me as much as I thought he would. After Martinellis news I wouldnt be loaning him out. Realsictally we will need him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I was delighted he scored. He has been the most disappointing Hale End graduate this season so hopefully this goal gives him the confidence to push on.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Only got to see the end of the match but good to see him taking people on. He's got way too much ability to not be doing that more often. Please don't be so meek next season Reiss!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really impressive today. I've given him a lot of stick lately.

Despite coming in as a sub, this was arguably his best Arsenal performance.

Gunners1616

Still don't see anything interesting with this don. Guys like Campbell or Vela didn't make it here and they were much more talented at the same age.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Starting to build momentum. If he continues to get his confidence back we're going to see much much more of this. Was refreshing to see him dribbling past people regularly again and playing give-and-gos, that's the real Reiss Nelson there. Could have done a bit better with that chance in the area, he has a decent left foot so he could have used it to shoot or slip it into Auba's path.

He might have earned himself another cameo spot in the final - bit late in the day so I'd still go for Pepe but I liked what he did today.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He seems to be coming in to his own just as the season is ending. Hopefully he plays out of this world in the cup final and we win.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He deserves to be here next season. He'll get cup games and the odd sub role. It can still happen for him next season so I'm not writing him off yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He seems to be coming in to his own just as the season is ending. Hopefully he plays out of this world in the cup final and we win.
:lol: That's the hope!

Realistically, I don't think he plays the final - he may have bought himself a cameo but it's a little late in the day. Think Pepe most likely starts.

He deserves to be here next season. He'll get cup games and the odd sub role. It can still happen for him next season so I'm not writing him off yet.
If he can get enough minutes to build on the last few appearances, maybe. I think a loan would be a bit more beneficial if personnel stays similar to how it is now. He needs much more football than he's getting, unless he can get more regular sub cameos. I'd like him to get that time here, especially as he's now just starting to get that confidence back, but ultimately I am unsure how likely it is.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He desperately needs regular game time now, if he can't get that here(very unlikely) he should go on loan somewhere.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
:lol: That's the hope!

Realistically, I don't think he plays the final - he may have bought himself a cameo but it's a little late in the day. Think Pepe most likely starts.

If he can get enough minutes to build on the last few appearances, maybe. I think a loan would be a bit more beneficial if personnel stays similar to how it is now. He needs much more football than he's getting, unless he can get more regular sub cameos. I'd like him to get that time here, especially as he's now just starting to get that confidence back, but ultimately I am unsure how likely it is.

Yes I guess a loan where he plays every week would be better. We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom