• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

He will have a down sometime soon and I really hope the knives won't be out for him. He made a couple horrible passes against Bournmouth but thats very typical for a player his age.

Its a shame he is in the first team at the moment when we are so down and out (although if there weren't injuries he wouldn't be starting so much I guess)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched Sancho for Dortmund, his first start.

Nelson is miles better, quicker feet, faster, all round baller.
Think you're underselling Sancho a bit :lol:.

I will say though, given Sancho is making his debut in the league and not looking out of place at all,.we surely should give Nelson a shot too.

We will probably see Nelson playing later. The U23 game vs United is live on arsenal.com. He is likely to start.

Think you're underselling Sancho a bit :lol:.

I will say though, given Sancho is making his debut in the league and not looking out of place at all,.we surely should give Nelson a shot too.

We will probably see Nelson playing later. The U23 game vs United is live on arsenal.com. He is likely to start.

Given the state of our attack and the whole situation at the club I would be very sad if Nelson and Nketiah dont get their debuts in the league this season.

nick gould

He will have a down sometime soon and I really hope the knives won't be out for him. He made a couple horrible passes against Bournmouth but thats very typical for a player his age.

Its a shame he is in the first team at the moment when we are so down and out (although if there weren't injuries he wouldn't be starting so much I guess)
He wasn’t even on the bench against Bournemouth which was quite disappointing considering how depleted our bench was.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Son of a *****.

Sell him now.

No point letting his value go down.

We can get 30 million at least.

It's still just potential guys. Young players earning big paychecks don't always pan out.

Sell anyone that doesn't want to extend their contract in January.

Don't want players going into their last year of their contract again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Haha imagine losing your next great breakthrough player before he's even broken through. That's not even the cherry on the cake, that's the icing on the cherry.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Madrid and PSG :lol:

Probably written by someone that knows **** all. If it had been Monaco and Dortmund I would have been scared.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Madrid and PSG among others who want him, out of contract in 18 months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Arsenals-Reiss-Nelson-attracting-Europe.html

@MutableEarth Tell me he's an Arsenal fan, please.
He is a Gooner but my guess is he wants more first team assurances - in his actual position as a winger/#10 - before he signs on. He is a huge talent so not surprised his situation is being monitored. Have to wonder whether playing wing back was any good for his development here. I don't think it was/is. He should have been getting games ahead of Walcott in the EL and got more trust as an attacker.

This would be stinging, Nelson leaving would hurt me more than Alexis or Özil leaving.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
With Walcott out the door, his path has been cleared it seems. Hopefully he gets a chance, takes it and signs on long time all the while performing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He'll sign. But quite frankly, I'd be fed up watching Iwobi and Welbeck as our #10s in this form. He's better than both in the role now and will be in the future too.
I can't say I'm majorly worried, I'm quite certain he'll sign. It's concerning, but my guess is that the club expect him to sign too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He is a Gooner but my guess is he wants more first team assurances - in his actual position as a winger/#10 - before he signs on. He is a huge talent so not surprised his situation is being monitored. Have to wonder whether playing wing back was any good for his development here. I don't think it was/is. He should have been getting games ahead of Walcott in the EL and got more trust as an attacker.

This would be stinging, Nelson leaving would hurt me more than Alexis or Özil leaving.
Career wise, there's nothing at Arsenal for him; no players to look up to or WC talent to learn off every day. You can only look at so many youtube video's of Henry, Cesc and Alexis. He's wasted here. By the sounds of it, he might even know it too.

neimad

Signing for PSG or Madrid would be a backwards step for him as there's way more chance he'll make it here. Sign da ting Reiss!!

neimad

Would you pass those clubs up at his age though?

The concern I'd have is being mates with Sancho, who seems to have been vindicated in his move to Dortmund (so far), is that he'll want to follow suit. Would like to see him get a few games in his favourite position with the first team to show him he will get an opportunity here. This playing him as a wing back route has worn thin at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom