• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I'm still worried, specially after the comments that came from McGuane when he said that if youngsters want chance then Arsenal isn't the right place. It only need one player to move abroad and do well and tell their friends it was a good move for their careers. Isn't Sancho kid at Dortmund one of Nelson best mates?
McGuane wanted to get first team football so much so he went to Barca :lol:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Those 15 minutes will be more beneficial for Nelson than they are for Wilshere or Welbeck.
Both Wilshere and Welbeck are out of form, and them getting minutes in a dead game is important if we want them at their best level.

Nelson has time to develop, next season should be his breakthrough.

HBL

Established Member
I agree he should’ve come on instead of Wilshere but I think it has something to do with trying to get Jack to sign a new deal.

Also, I’m not having this nonsense that I’m seeing in other threads that Jack is suddenly a below average player. He will never live up to his potential but he is still a very good player.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Both Wilshere and Welbeck are out of form, and them getting minutes in a dead game is important if we want them at their best level.

Nelson has time to develop, next season should be his breakthrough.
His contract expires next season, if you don't give him a sniff of first-team action he has no reason to sign on. Even Chuba Akpom got subbed on in a NLD when we needed a goal when Wenger wanted him to sign a new deal, whereas Nelson won't even get a chance in a game like Ostersunds.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
His contract expires next season, if you don't give him a sniff of first-team action he has no reason to sign on. Even Chuba Akpom got subbed on in a NLD when we needed a goal when Wenger wanted him to sign a new deal, whereas Nelson won't even get a chance in a game like Ostersunds.
He can leave if he wants as far as I‘m concerned. For my likinh we‘re already seeing too many youngsters play in Iwobi and Maitland-Niles.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Someones act like his contract ends in 2018. He still has another year here. He is 18 and should be happy to have appearances in the EL and Carabao Cup already. Don't know many other talents in the PL at his age which have more first team minutes than him.

Willock or Nketiah trough their bib too? No. Maybe he just has a poor attitude.

That‘s cool but that doesn‘t mean he is guaranteed game time in the first team.

We are talking about giving him a chance. A cameo to show how close he is to first team. We must give our best academy players a chance with the first team when they have showed they are the best players there for long time.

We invest heavily, both money and time in the academy. What is it for if we are not ready to give the standout talents time to show if they have it at top level or not?

By the way I'm sure he will get his chance this season! Just frustrating sometimes because our youngsters coming through now are very exciting! Probably the best youth group in Wengers time here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Should just chat to the manager and ask him what he has to do. Pretty sure AW will give him a straight answer.
He has a choice now. 2 options.

1. Refuse to sign his deal, go join another team - maybe links up with Sancho at Dortmund or something. A lot of teams will want to have Nelson in their ranks. But it would still be a gamble for him. I've seen some of the most talented players get their careers wasted at the wrong team and lose motivation. So he'd have to choose wisely.

2. Stay and convince Wenger he should be starting for us. It is obviously my personal opinion that Nelson could have been managed a LOT better, but speaking objectively, he's played 14 games this season, a good chunk of those being starts. Admittedly, in a position where he was unlikely to impress as much as he could, but more than a lot of other players. More minutes than the golden boy Phil Foden even. You are right when you say he should go to the manager and enquire what he must do to get into this team. Obviously Wenger will be conservative and play his squaddies to keep them happy, but that should spur Nelson on to really and truly play out of his skin. Lately he's been taking it easy in U23 games - he should be smashing teams up all the time, every time he plays. He's one of the absolute best players in that U23 league. Give Wenger no excuse to play Welbeck and Iwobi in front of you.

Additionally, Wenger should not bring these guys to the bench if he isn't gonna play them. There was an U23 game they could easily have played in if they weren't called up but they were sitting on the bench doing nish. That's why Jeff wasn't as good last season, he hardly ever played for the 1st team or the U23s. Jeff's getting regular minutes now and he's starting to shine. Was MOTM yesterday v Bordeaux. Wenger might as well have sent these guys on loan.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He might as well take Iwobi's spot as Iwobi has been ineffective most of the season. Wenger should give him that and tell him that he may be subbed off too to protect him physically. I'm not sure the hype will be realised but we can't focus on getting Wilshere to reign and lose a player who may ultimately go on to do more for us. Nelson and Welbeck rotate until Laca is fit again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
His mate Sancho is doing well for himself and Reiss might look at that and think he should follow the same path. If he doesn't start getting minutes he will leave.

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Also worth mentioning that his mate Sancho is doing well for himself and Reiss might look at that and think he should follow the same path. If he doesn't start getting minutes he will leave.
Where is he? His last game was on February, 1, and he has played 304 minutes for Dortmund this season. For example, Nelson has played 600+ minutes for Arsenal (out of position, but still :lol:).

LG10

His mate Sancho is doing well for himself and Reiss might look at that and think he should follow the same path. If he doesn't start getting minutes he will leave.
Should look at his mate Chris willock. Is he even getting games at benfica b?

Poor attitude. Gotten lots of games and has looked out of depth in all of them. This is fine, as he’s only 18 but he’s is in no position to be making demands. He wouldn’t even get games at league 1 teams as it stands.

If this guy was anywhere near as good as people are saying then Wenger would have no hesitation in playing him. Same goes for Nketiah.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Where is he? His last game was on February, 1, and he has played 304 minutes for Dortmund this season. For example, Nelson has played 600+ minutes for Arsenal (out of position, but still :lol:).

They didn't use him much before the new year but then he was starting for them in the league after the winter break. He's been injured recently.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He can leave if he wants as far as I‘m concerned. For my likinh we‘re already seeing too many youngsters play in Iwobi and Maitland-Niles.

Yeah, young academy players suck. They know the club well, you don't have to pay lots of money for them, and they represent one of the last few good aspects of modern football. Personally I just can't stand them.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Yeah, young academy players suck. They know the club well, you don't have to pay lots of money for them, and they represent one of the last few good aspects of modern football. Personally I just can't stand them.
Not all young academy players suck, just the ones playing right now (Maitland-Niles, Iwobi). Nelson is good though, hope to see more of him, next season.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It does look rather pointless to have Nelson and Nketiah on the bench right now as Wenger doesn't yet trust them.

That's Wenger's call...but I don't want to hear the **** about "he sees them in training." He also saw Yaya Sanogo in training and that didn't stop Wenger from starting him in big matches. He also sees Iwobi every match on the pitch and he continues to retain his place.

Wenger is under pressure too much...he doesn't want to bank on (2) 18 year olds to save him. Regardless, he should step down even if we win the Europa League.

Nelson being a bit immature. To be fair, he never took the opportunities that he was given. If I was Nketiah, I'd be more pissed as he did take his opportunities and never got a real run out again.

Can they still be loaned outside of the transfer window to a League one side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom