• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*cking stupid if we lose him, we barely develop any genuine talents and then the one we do we're going to **** it all up.

If we were tearing up trees like City were when Sancho left I wouldn't care that much but we're sh*tter than we've ever been under Wenger.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We've been hearing about Nelson for a few years now, it'll be a real shame if he leaves right as he's on the cusp of breaking into the first-team squad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why can't he sign a new deal and go on loan again?

Probably doesn't want to, looked pretty f*cked off with Wenger on Sunday.

Probably do a Sancho and run down his contract giving him control of where he goes next.

VancouverCanuck

I can't think of a young player in recent (last 5) years who has improved under Wenger. So can't blame anyone for wanting to leave.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Tbf to the old man, maybe he meant press like hungry wolves. Can't blame him, our madonnas act like they are on a training pitch in defence

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Needs to sign an extension and request a loan like Wilshere did at 17-18. If he is as good as he think he is, he will shine in another team.

The true talents shine no matter what sort of team is setup.

To be fair, I'm not sure even if he is the best talent in our youth team. I think that it is Emile Smith Rowe.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think it was a huge deal that he wasn't in this squad. We're only missing Lacazette from our attack in this competition, Nketiah was a bigger necessity. I am concerned though about his overall direction now.

Longy

Needs to sign an extension and request a loan like Wilshere did at 17-18. If he is as good as he think he is, he will shine in another team.

The true talents shine no matter what sort of team is setup.

To be fair, I'm not sure even if he is the best talent in our youth team. I think that it is Emile Smith Rowe.

Exactly !

The path to our first team is just way too soft like I have said earlier.
Yes you might shine in 18s or 21s but it's a colossal leap to PL.

If we think they're good enough we should be encouraging them to go on loan and prove their worth.
Sitting on the bench for 5 mins every now and again is not helping anyone.

In the last 15 years I can only think of 2 that were good enough for first team. Cesc and Jack and they were light years ahead of any other young player we've had since.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The sooner Wenger goes the happier I'd be. I used to think of him as a manager who trusted youth players but lately it's quite clear he's more focused on his job performance rather than nurturing young players into the first team. Nelson should have been getting a lot more games at this point in the season. The young man is hugely talented and I'm afraid he'd be one of the many young players whose career would be destroyed by this manager.

Very true.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The sooner Wenger goes the happier I'd be. I used to think of him as a manager who trusted youth players but lately it's quite clear he's more focused on his job performance rather than nurturing young players into the first team. Nelson should have been getting a lot more games at this point in the season. The young man is hugely talented and I'm afraid he'd be one of the many young players whose career would be destroyed by this manager.

He has played plenty and not got a single moment worth talking about.

If I ask the Nelson fanboys what the single best thing he's done this season most of them would post some ****ty footage from u23 football.

He's been bang average. He would play more if he showed the required level. Niles is a good example of that(and he got completely shown up the second the fanboys got their wish and he played in midfield.. against Ostersund).

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member

If I ask the Nelson fanboys what the single best thing he's done this season most of them would post some ****ty footage from u23 football.

He's been bang average. He would play more if he showed the required level. Niles is a good example of that(and he got completely shown up the second the fanboys got their wish and he played in midfield.. against Ostersund).

Nelson is 18 years old and is constantly played out of position as a right back/wing back when he's a pure attacking winger...... not exactly the best platform for him to show what he can do. Do you really think Mbappe would be able to show his potential playing as a wing back or right back for Monaco?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nelson is 18 years old and is constantly played out of position as a right back/wing back when he's a pure attacking winger...... not exactly the best platform for him to show what he can do. Do you really think Mbappe would be able to show his potential playing as a wing back or right back for Monaco?

You're comparing Mbappe with Nelson.. :lol:

To answer your question, yes, Mbappe is ridiculously talented and wouldn't be afraid to show it whether he would play CM, RB or whatever.

RWB isn't far of Nelson's prefered position anyway.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah that's how I feel about it he's played plenty and in a Euro competition no less . That's pretty decent for 18 and I still feel Willock made a bigger impression . Wenger has bee spending a lot of time with Nelson , Eddie and ANM just judging by the amount of training clips of them together . He'd play them straight up if he thought they were ready .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Has any other top side given more chances to their youth players than we've done this season? AMN and Nelson both given EL experience with the former also been given games in the league too while Eddie has had a fair amount of opportunities considering he has three CF options ahead of him.

Nemetoss

Wenger handled AMN near perfectly. Arsène gave him hours in a position in which he thought he'd thrive, which he did. Kept giving him game time now and again in DM, to ease him into that role. Kept talking him up to pump him with confidence.Finally he gave him a start in the second leg of a no pressure match which we were heavy favourites to win. But AMN ****ed it up immensely. I imagine it must have broken his heart to take AMN off at halftime after all that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

The whole team got shown up against ostersund. Pretty bad example that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You're comparing Mbappe with Nelson.. :lol:

To answer your question, yes, Mbappe is ridiculously talented and wouldn't be afraid to show it whether he would play CM, RB or whatever.

RWB isn't far of Nelson's prefered position anyway.
LW/AM is his preferred position. Quite different!
He performed well the few times he got to play in that position but in his last couple of cameos he overplayed a bit too much, leading to the current narrative that he isn't that talented - which is bullshit IMO. He is. He just lost that momentum he had at the beginning of the season.

Yeah that's how I feel about it he's played plenty and in a Euro competition no less . That's pretty decent for 18 and I still feel Willock made a bigger impression . Wenger has bee spending a lot of time with Nelson , Eddie and ANM just judging by the amount of training clips of them together . He'd play them straight up if he thought they were ready .
Willock got to play in his actual position that he looks to play in. Wenger rightly or wrongly doesn't trust Nelson and Nketiah in the attack. Understandable but loan them then. They need more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom