• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Just watched the highlights of todays game. I've always liked him, him & Nketiah are my favourite young players. Can't wait for the season to start, Auba is going to be huge for us. I felt he had a stop start half season due to not being able to play EL and he still scored double figures. 25+ this season and that is being conservative.
I don’t see anything special about Nketiah but I think Nelson is a good talent.

I don’t see anything special about Nketiah but I think Nelson is a good talent.

Nketiah?

Elite mentality.
Brutal goal scorer.
Can play as striker or winger.
Improved link up play, elite movement. Top intensity!

Nketiah, u-18 one of our best palyer.
Nketiah moved to u-23. Almost instantly one of our best player.
Nketiah debut for first team. Scored two goals to win the game and progress in Carling Cup.
Nketiah called to u-21 England now this summer. Was instantly the best attacker in that team.

GoonerBoy19

Both looked good today, I hope they get plenty of chances from bench this season and starts in low profile cup games.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He wants to play. If he doesn't sign, then we need to sell like what Man City did with Sancho.

I hope we can sign him up and convince him to go on loan to a Premier League team...I just do not know which PL team will give him matches. It's such a tough league.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Reiss has been getting his due.

Nelson's been very effective this preseason. The performances haven't been sparkling IMO but he's been getting into better positions and has the end product. It's not competitive football but even last preseason he only had 1 assist.

2 goals and 3 assists in about 180 mins of football overall. This for me bodes well and I think he's ready to contribute. He does need to build up some more confidence but he's winning 1v1s and we need him to do that in competitive games.
End product though - I'm glad he's displaying that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't think Reiss has been getting his due.

Nelson's been very effective this preseason. The performances haven't been sparkling IMO but he's been getting into better positions and has the end product. It's not competitive football but even last preseason he only had 1 assist.

2 goals and 3 assists in about 180 mins of football overall. This for me bodes well and I think he's ready to contribute. He does need to build up some more confidence but he's winning 1v1s and we need him to do that in competitive games.
End product though - I'm glad he's displaying that.
He had a lot of good play regardless of the stats.

I don’t like to look at individual stats, it means nothing to me because you can play **** for a whole match and score a lucky goal. Or you might have dribbled pass 10 men, passed to your striker, and he missed.

But if you’ve played well, it means you are good. It doesn’t matter if you don’t score or assist, the team stats will grow because of your indirect contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Wryer

Not sure if I'm being overly critical on our own, but when I compared Nelson to Hudson Odoi, the difference in the sense of purpose when the ball gets to their feet is quite stark.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if I'm being overly critical on our own, but when I compared Nelson to Hudson Odoi, the difference in the sense of purpose when the ball gets to their feet is quite stark.

Hudson Odoi is a man child. Insane frame for a 17 year old

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Very pleased with Nelsons progress. I think Emery likes him so I expect him to get plenty of cup games and some sub appearances. I always felt Nelson & Nketiah are the most likely to succeed at the club and never felt the same about AMN who seemed to be a Wenger favourite last season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Whats going on with the deal? Really been nothing since Wenger left?

Kid can sign a pre agreement in 140ish days. :mad:

Catch 22 really giving him minutes or not.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hudson Odoi is a man child. Insane frame for a 17 year old

I don't think his frame is the difference between him and Nelson. Reiss was playing similar football in pre season last year, he just seems to have become too overly cautious.

What sets CHO apart right now is his talent married with confidence as well as his awareness of where space is. The new coach believes in him as a starter and that does wonders for a young player.

Reiss has the tools but he drifts too much in search of the ball instead of holding the width and targetting spaces in behind.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Great stuff. Need to be keeping talent like this at the club, Emery seems to be very happy with him over the course of pre-season, expect plenty of chances this season impress.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who's this fella tryna talk about Arsenal and break important news n sh*t? Works for The Sun apparently. I'm not having it. When it's announced by someone I like then I'll get all pleased about it.

ksarp

He had a lot of good play regardless of the stats.

I don’t like to look at individual stats, it means nothing to me because you can play **** for a whole match and score a lucky goal. Or you might have dribbled pass 10 men, passed to your striker, and he missed.

But if you’ve played well, it means you are good. It doesn’t matter if you don’t score or assist, the team stats will grow because of your indirect contribution.
I love your mindset!

This used to really make me mad. People would get all hot and bothered for Alexis Sanchez, because he even though he'd lose the balls in over 60 percent of possession, he could score a goal here and there and everything else was overlooked. Now he's being exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom