• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who's this fella tryna talk about Arsenal and break important news n sh*t? Works for The Sun apparently. I'm not having it. When it's announced by someone I like then I'll get all pleased about it.

Daniel's a good lad, has contacts in the club. I can't remember really many times where he's just made up bullshit.

LG10

Who's this fella tryna talk about Arsenal and break important news n sh*t? Works for The Sun apparently. I'm not having it. When it's announced by someone I like then I'll get all pleased about it.
Think this is legit, would be weird to make up a story about a relatively low profile player. If this was about someone like Ramsey I'd be doubtful.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He was first to break the news of Iwobi's new contract.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The stats from Preseason tell me one thing - he should really focus on the final 3rd more, that's where he has the most potential. He's good at attacking the half spaces in the box and finding shooting positions - he did it constantly at youth level and that's where he can be dangerous. He can potentially score a lot of goals. In 180 mins of football he managed a combined xg+a of 2.6. As much as the games were not competitive, they give a small insight into what he can offer us in games this season.

I would even like to see him come off the bench v City if it calls for it.

pikey2000

Are we even in contract discussion with him or what?

I'm hoping Emery didn't want to chuck him in the deep end against City and Chelsea and he'll start to see some game time now they are out of they way but I can't shake that feeling that he is seeking assurances over game time and we are failing to meet them and he'll ultimately be gone soon.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Made a strong case for first team involvement tonight IMO. He played both on the left and right wing and was a constant threat, particularly in the 2nd half. He also showed a multifaceted threat in that he was happy to go down the outside as well as cut in. Looked stronger too. He's completely different when he trusts himself to beat his man. Needs to do that more for the first team.

He looked devastated at the final whistle, bless him. Tired and disappointed sitting near the touchline while we all clapped him.

pikey2000

Made a strong case for first team involvement tonight IMO. He played both on the left and right wing and was a constant threat, particularly in the 2nd half. He also showed a multifaceted threat in that he was happy to go down the outside as well as cut in. Looked stronger too. He's completely different when he trusts himself to beat his man. Needs to do that more for the first team.

He looked devastated at the final whistle, bless him. Tired and disappointed sitting near the touchline while we all clapped him.

Who's the guy getting to the touchline? Looks promising in that brief cameo

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Emery watched the game so he probably saw what you're all saying. If he thinks Nelson is ready, I suppose he will be on the bench. If not, I might get a little worried.

pikey2000

If he doesnt get some good game time in this squad you can't really blame him for considering other options, if indeed he is, our 1st teams squad is bereft of wingers so if he can't get game time in a squad where you think his skillset is at least a good plan B then i can see why he might bugger off

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Who's the guy getting to the touchline? Looks promising in that brief cameo
Bukayo Saka
Yeah. He was very good when he came on. Looks natural at this level and I believe he's still 16, was the youngest on the pitch when he came on. He's pretty powerful for his age but he's such an excellent dribbler and dangerous in the final 3rd. Versatile too, he came on at LB initially then moved further up to left wing as the game went on.

Expect to hear more about Saka.

Emery watched the game so he probably saw what you're all saying. If he thinks Nelson is ready, I suppose he will be on the bench. If not, I might get a little worried.
Yeah, Emery was in the opposite stand watching the game. It was a really tight game but Nelson looked head and shoulders above in terms of technique, skill and decision-making (apart from one wild shot he hacked into the clock end). Wasn't the absolute best player on the pitch (that accolade goes to one of Joe Willock or Danny Ballard) but he was the biggest threat going forward and more than deserved his goal. He should be a wide option going forward, as he impressed on both wings.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yeah, Emery was in the opposite stand watching the game. It was a really tight game but Nelson looked head and shoulders above in terms of technique, skill and decision-making (apart from one wild shot he hacked into the clock end). Wasn't the absolute best player on the pitch (that accolade goes to one of Joe Willock or Danny Ballard) but he was the biggest threat going forward and more than deserved his goal. He should be a wide option going forward, as he impressed on both wings.

Yep, don't think he needs to be the best player on the pitch. It's just the display of the necessary skillset and the football intelligence to fit the manager's plans in that vacant winger position. I really believe he'll get a chance but I am more and more worried every day that we're about to lose him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yep, don't think he needs to be the best player on the pitch. It's just the display of the necessary skillset and the football intelligence to fit the manager's plans in that vacant winger position. I really believe he'll get a chance but I am more and more worried every day that we're about to lose him.
My gut instinct is honestly that he'll sign eventually. He'll have to be given massive assurances from some other club in order to leave. Some big names have an interest in him but they won't be able to offer him the same first team pathway, regardless of his massive potential. He'll have to go somewhat sideways, possibly to a German team like Leipzig, as the Bundesliga is a very dribbler heavy league and he'll fit in there.

Emery obviously isn't in charge of negotiations but he'll be a key component because it's ultimately him who has to assure Nelson that he'll play. So far, that hasn't been totally encouraging as he has just barely missed out on the bench despite being in the 20-man squad for 2 games in a row - but I have faith that Emery will eventually give him a starting role at some point in the future. Nelson was very encouraging yesterday, often made good decisions and looked more secure in his dribbling than ever. They must strike while the iron is hot and he will definitely hesitate no longer to sign the deal. We don't have much to lose by giving him a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom