• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah good points. You think he’ll start in the CL this week?
I'd be pleasantly surprised. I think he's been far more impactful than the likes of Demirbay and Belfodil, and Szalai came off the bench to score on the weekend after Nelson's double but I don't think he's been great either. However, Nagelsmann might want to have Nelson as an option off the bench. Remains to be seen really!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
On the bench at the beginning.
Figured as much. Nagelsmann seems to be keen on warding off any unnecessary hype which I think is wise. He's scored goals, shown good work rate and been dangerous in the final 3rd but his performances are not even halfway near how good he can be. A game like tonight might be a bridge too far, even though I would have loved to see him start and it would be a great experience. A 20-30 min cameo against Lyon in the CL is more than enough - build up more game time in the Bundesliga, I've seen enough to be convinced he'll be afforded the time. It's all up to him now. I have belief that he'll continue his rise.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Subbed in the the 73th minute after Hoffenheim was 2:3 down.

Had a small part in their last minute equalizer, but nothing special in this game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Got 20 mins v Lyon tonight in a compelling 3-3 draw. Some neat passes and dribbles. Not quite in the game as much as he'd like. There's his challenge at the moment - making an impact and sustaining it outside of his considerable end product. He did play a part in the last minute equalizer, beating a defender and laying the ball off for Demirbay.

A solid 20 mins though, not the awe-inspiring cameo he'd have hoped for, but should keep him grounded enough for his next game.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
@NieThePiet , @MutableEarth I saw he got subbed in, but I didn't watch the game, from your description it sounds good enough. Wasn't it his first CL appearance? That's the very big stage right there and with the pressure of losing at home, what more could we expect?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
He is someone I can see managing Arsenal in the future

Our new manager just came in, of course Nagelsmann is still very young, but that thought right now is quite awkward. Let's first make sure Emery spends around a decade around here, so that we don't become the new ManU.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Our new manager just came in, of course Nagelsmann is still very young, but that thought right now is quite awkward. Let's first make sure Emery spends around a decade around here, so that we don't become the new ManU.

The modern managers are not Wenger/Ferguson, Emery will almost certainly not want to be managing us for one decade. He will want to move on to new challenges after a while. So you are setting yourself up to be disappointed if you expect him to last for one decade.

The modern managers are not Wenger/Ferguson, Emery will almost certainly not want to be managing us for one decade. He will want to move on to new challenges after a while. So you are setting yourself up to be disappointed if you expect him to last for one decade.

Huh... Managers don't move on, they are in majority cases at high level clubs sacked from their jobs.

I think every manager dream is to stay at top level club for 10 years or more.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sven's connections in Germany will not only allow us to sign some quality Bundesliga players, but it'll give us great opportunities for developing players.

Nketiah could benefit from a loan to the Bundesliga too. Depending on how much playing time he gets with us, I'd recommend sending him to Germany for the second half of the season.

I bet Nagelsmann would be fine with taking another one of our players on loan.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sven's connections in Germany will not only allow us to sign some quality Bundesliga players, but it'll give us great opportunities for developing players.

Nketiah could benefit from a loan to the Bundesliga too. Depending on how much playing time he gets with us, I'd recommend sending him to Germany for the second half of the season.

I bet Nagelsmann would be fine with taking another one of our players on loan.

Mainz could be a neat destination, too, as would be Augsburg, Frankfurt and maybe Freiburg, going by their managers ability, focus and their willingsness to include young players.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom