• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

Sancho's having a hell of season too bro.

I really like that Sancho had what was seen as a big move because it means Nelson is flying under the radar.
You’re right, Sancho is clearly performing better than Nelson, but not by much.
Sancho is also T a team that will compete for the title.
But because of those three things no one, apart from us, is paying much attention. That’s what someone at that age needs.
Let him be second to Sancho, but not by much and at a lesser team, and come back and be brilliant for the Arsenal.

ptrcopp

I saw it in the other game. It’s like at work if you are agency staff, permanent staff try to frustrate you - they feel insecure.

Especially when you’re doing the job at the same level they are... and not really trying because you’re agency!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hopefully this means more English kids take the plunge and try their luck abroad.

So much young talent in this country at the moment. Think it's great for their personal development too.

Good for the development of English football as well, players will bring a lot of different nuances of playing in different leagues back to the PL. Helps enhance whatever culture of football you have.

Shame that in Brazil we've gone too far off the different direction. Wish our players stayed in our league bit more.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good outing from Nelson, great goal too. Showing a lot more confidence, very happy to see.

Minor nitpick and it's not Nelson's fault. The Hoffenheim players simply refuse to pass to him at crucial attacking moments and it is frustrating. Today his movement was much better and they still wouldn't give him the ball.

They don't even pass to eachother at crucial attacking moments. It's really hard to watch. Playing s simple 5 yard pass is beyond them. It makes it even more impressive that Nelson can have the influence he does. He is going to have to keep being this efficient and feeding off scraps as I don't think their mentality would change. However, a few of their players were shocked by the goal he scored. He is slowly earning more respect.

Stannis

im just glad we signed him to new deal before he left

How do people think he would do out wide for us though? Been playing down the centre mostly for Hoffenheim

BobP

Memri Fan
They don't even pass to eachother at crucial attacking moments. It's really hard to watch. Playing s simple 5 yard pass is beyond them. It makes it even more impressive that Nelson can have the influence he does. He is going to have to keep being this efficient and feeding off scraps as I don't think their mentality would change. However, a few of their players were shocked by the goal he scored. He is slowly earning more respect.

Shook my head in disgust when that idiot Joelinton refused to play the ball to Nelson, who was totally open on the right, just prior to him being fouled in the box.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
im just glad we signed him to new deal before he left

How do people think he would do out wide for us though? Been playing down the centre mostly for Hoffenheim

He will be fine. He will come back a starter. There is a serious chance he could be into double figures for goals by the end of this season.

I hope he starts vs Lyon. Got a feeling that's why he was taken off early.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Next step for him is keep growing in confidence and add 5 kg of mass on him!

He is only 18. Still growing. He is around 71kg now.

Willian is the same height. Same build. Probably the closest playstyle to him and he weighs 78kg. That's where he needs to be, but he is riding challenges against really big players in Germany so I wouldn't be surprised if he has already built up strength.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ridiculous goal tbf, I'm Getting harder over here. Anyone who watches games care to tell me how his overall play is during the matches?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Behaviour. One of the most naturally brilliant footballers you'll ever see. Absolute despicable ****. Nelson should aspire to be almost anyone else over that ****.

Yeah he's one of the best wingers I've ever seen, don't see the similarities in his and Nelson's game, but if he can reach that level I'll be thrilled.
He used to annoy me too though, didn't Wenger accuse him of diving right to his face in one of the countless meetings with Bayern :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ridiculous goal tbf, I'm Getting harder over here. Anyone who watches games care to tell me how his overall play is during the matches?
Still pretty much a moments guy at the moment but the technical ability of a Hale End graduate is there to see. When he does get on the ball he's tricky to tackle. We knew his pace, agility and dribbling would translate to pretty much any level but it's nice to see that the speed of thought is still there: he's still got that eye for a pass or composed shot at goal in a crowded box. You could argue that what Reiss is doing is more difficult compared to Sancho who has benefitted greatly from transition offence (counter-attacks).

He will have to earn the respect of his teammates (far from guaranteed) because at the moment they have the collective decision making ability of a drunk moth. At first I thought they were jealous of the kid but they're all just greedy ****ers, I think being a young kid who isn't quite ready to give his teammates an earful for ignoring an open pass isn't helping him either but it's a minor issue anyway. That wouldn't happen to him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom