• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
13 in the Bundesliga, but yeah I get your point. Reiss should have a couple at least already but that Hungarian striker is a donkey. Joelinton and Demirbay are about the only decent players in that team, Kramaric just seems really selfish every time I watch them.

Kramaric is an absolute plumber. He should model his game on Mandzukic to get anywhere, who is one of the most underrated CF of the last half decade. He's maybe not a top goal scorer but has been a vital part to any team he's played for.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I have a more interesting conspiracy theory.
I think Wenger wanted to help his friend Fergie win the league so Fergie could retire that year. Chamberlain was chief tormentor of United that night and we would have won the game if he'd stayed on.
Arséne and Fergie's plan didn't work and City went on to win the league. Guess what happened after that? Arséne sold RVP to United and they went on to win the league and Fergie retired.
I think the butler did it.

m-due

Kramaric is an absolute plumber. He should model his game on Mandzukic to get anywhere, who is one of the most underrated CF of the last half decade. He's maybe not a top goal scorer but has been a vital part to any team he's played for.

Kramaric had a great game vs. Spain. Ironically a game where Mandzukic was honored after his retirement.

* Edit - I remember the commentators compare him to Suker :rofl:

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Didn't think he played that well today
Was very subdued on the right, barely touched the ball at all. That assist was like the only time he got a decent pass into him with some space ahead. Still enough to make an impact like that so late into the game. More end product for the kid, still highly encouraging.

He still has to sustain his influence on games. Playing him on the left will help him do that more but he needs to find pockets to receive more consistently.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He still has to sustain his influence on games. Playing him on the left will help him do that more but he needs to find pockets to receive more consistently.
Yep. Has he been played on the left at any point this season? I'd be eager to see how he does there. I'm hoping by the end of this season he'd have nailed down a spot from the left and we get in a left footed right winger for next season. Would be satisfied and hopeful about our forward line if that's how it turns out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good piece on Sky Sports about Reiss

https://www.skysports.com/football/reiss-nelson-following-jadon-sancho

Nelson 2nd from right, Sancho far right.

nelsonandsancho-750x500.jpeg

scytheavatar

Established Member
Was very subdued on the right, barely touched the ball at all. That assist was like the only time he got a decent pass into him with some space ahead. Still enough to make an impact like that so late into the game. More end product for the kid, still highly encouraging.

Is Nelson better in the left or in the right? Because right now we already have a headache deciding between Iwobi and Auba on the left flank, and no one that we can use on the right. If Nelson can't play on the right then he would add into the wing problem on return to us rather than solve it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is Nelson better in the left or in the right? Because right now we already have a headache deciding between Iwobi and Auba on the left flank, and no one that we can use on the right. If Nelson can't play on the right then he would add into the wing problem on return to us rather than solve it.
Depends on how he's used. He's functional on the right, arguably scores more goals when he plays there. The issue is that while he strikes pretty decently with his left, he's very right footed and can't always cut in. He's got good enough agility for this to be mitigated but that will take a bit more time to translate better in the first team world. His best position at the moment is central anyway - Nelson's better when he gets on the ball in the danger areas and has license to drift wide. Most of his damage caused at Hoffenheim is when he drifts central from the wider areas and gets on the ball, particularly in the box. I think as long as he has access to the inside channel and the centre, he's perfectly fine on either flank. I think his issue currently is drifting out of games, and so far he's only fared slightly better in that regard on the left.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ian Carlo Poveda played in the same Southwark team too! He's another really big talent - just unfortunate he plays for City. Should go on loan - really tricky dribbler, great agility.

Yeah I saw that in the piece, not that I'd heard of him. Funny how you sometimes get these pockets of talent, same place same time, growing up together, even better when they all go on to be professional.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I saw that in the piece, not that I'd heard of him. Funny how you sometimes get these pockets of talent, same place same time, growing up together, even better when they all go on to be professional.
There's definitely a rise in South London footballers at the moment, all going on to dominate at international youth level - quite a few of Arsenal's current academy talents are from South London. Smith-Rowe is from Croydon, Nketiah from Lewisham. Guys like Foden seem to be the exception currently, Foden is a real prodigy. Very, very similar to Wilshere at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom