• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Bit disappointing as I wanted to see him face strong opposition but Nagelsmann obviously thinks he isn't ready to come back for some reason. I do think we should consider bringing him back, as he really should be playing football more right now, but part of me wants to see him fight for his spot.
AMN has been starting as a winger recently, I think Nelson could nab that spot quite easily.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN has been starting as a winger recently, I think Nelson could nab that spot quite easily.
I think so too, but he would definitely have to improve on his consistency over 90 mins. I think he'd definitely be more involved at Arsenal to be fair. Capable of playing an inside AM role too.

Saying that, Mhkitaryan is back soon. He'll start games again despite being quite **** this season. Maybe he stays where he is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nagelsmann: "Before the winter break, he (Reiss Nelson) seemed a bit inhibited because of a lot of screaming from outside so we talked and he knows what's important...He has done well here, but he will do even better in the second half of the season."

https://www.swr.de/sport/fussball/1...Reiss-Nelson,der-faktor-reiss-nelson-100.html

Looks like he could play tomorrow for Hoffenheim. Encouraging words from Nagelsmann.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nagelsmann: "Before the winter break, he (Reiss Nelson) seemed a bit inhibited because of a lot of screaming from outside so we talked and he knows what's important...He has done well here, but he will do even better in the second half of the season."

https://www.swr.de/sport/fussball/1...Reiss-Nelson,der-faktor-reiss-nelson-100.html

Looks like he could play tomorrow for Hoffenheim. Encouraging words from Nagelsmann.

Wonder what he meant by a lot of screaming outside ?

BobP

Memri Fan
Ah yup that makes sense .

The level of maturity from both is impressive.

For Nelson to be up front with Nagelsmann about how the behaviour of the latter was affecting his performances on the pitch and for Nagelsmann, one of the youngest managers going around, to own up to his failings and adjust his approach.

Imagine how Henry would have responded to a player telling him that.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The level of maturity from both his impressive.

For Nelson to be up front with Nagelsmann about how his behaviour was affecting his performances on the pitch and for Nagelsmann, one of the youngest managers going around, to own up to his failings and adjust his approach.

Imagine how Henry would have responded to a player telling him that.
His behaviour? Whose behaviour? What?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's with specific regards to him screaming at Nelson to put in more defensive work.
I figured it was that. Nagelsmann is pretty clear on the team defending from the front, which most of them do quite well to be fair. Nelson isn't bad defensively but he's not quite as powerful physically as the likes of Joelinton, nor is he particularly great at positioning himself when the team are out of possession. In this case, Nagelsmann is perfect for him, and adaptable enough as a young coach to alter his approach to get the best results for Nelson's development.

I think while he's been a tad hard on Nelson, he's been good overall for his development and clearly sees that he can be 100x better than he already is. He just needs to give him a bit more attacking freedom after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom