• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If Martinelli is out, would you start him or Nketiah LW?
Eddie deserves it more. Reiss I'd play LW in the Europa to see how he responds and if he hides again then it's likely curtains. I'd rather Eddie get those minutes at CF but he's been unlucky to play as little as he has.

As for Reiss, he needs to put in a strong performance in the EL if he starts and any sub appearance in the PL from here. Not just a decent game, a strong one and some more G+A.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Eddie deserves it more. Reiss I'd play LW in the Europa to see how he responds and if he hides again then it's likely curtains. I'd rather Eddie get those minutes at CF but he's been unlucky to play as little as he has.

As for Reiss, he needs to put in a strong performance in the EL if he starts and any sub appearance in the PL from here. Not just a decent game, a strong one and some more G+A.

At this stage in hoping he gets a goal of assist anyway he can.

Needs to build up that confidence.

Sadly I don't think Mikel is the right man manager for him right now. He needs an arm around the shoulder kinda guy, like what Carlo did with Vini.

No sense in giving him detailed instructions and patterns when his head had been gone like it has.

Unlike Eddie and Saka that thrive from the pressure and structure, Nelson needed to move but the injuries stopped that.

Wished he stayed at feynord.

Alas, life's given him another Crack at it, hope he wakes up.

BIoodBrother

Thing is that Nelson's "hiding" is a more patient controlled approach towards the game. Martinelli had learnt a lot in that regard and I think Nelson's so called hiding is partly the experience to delay an attack, keep the ball, wait for the right moment, prevent transition in bad moments. I agree that he needs to use his dribbling skills and can't miss a good opportunity to go 1on1 but maybe he's closer to a required balance than Striker Essie. Nketiah is surely much more explosive these days and if we need a goal, he'll play but I don't think he's a Martinelli replacement as much as Reiss is.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus

Reiss doesn't deserve it over Marquinhos let alone Eddie

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thing is that Nelson's "hiding" is a more patient controlled approach towards the game. Martinelli had learnt a lot in that regard and I think Nelson's so called hiding is partly the experience to delay an attack, keep the ball, wait for the right moment, prevent transition in bad moments. I agree that he needs to use his dribbling skills and can't miss a good opportunity to go 1on1 but maybe he's closer to a required balance than Striker Essie. Nketiah is surely much more explosive these days and if we need a goal, he'll play but I don't think he's a Martinelli replacement as much as Reiss is.
While I don't disagree, there are often moments where Reiss does have those opportunities to create a dangerous situation and refrains from doing so seemingly because he is afraid of making mistakes or not scoring/assisting. I'd be much more confident if he tried things like shots/dribbles/through balls more like he used to. Unless they're planning some kind of midfield conversion a la Iwobi, he has to start trusting himself more in these situations.

If Martinelli is all balls to the wall in his most natural game state, Reiss is demonstrating the opposite more often than not. And then every now and then in the middle of all that, he goes on a rare run that scythes through the opposition or hits a nice shot/pass and you scratch your head thinking "why isn't he doing this more?". The talent IS there but he needs to have the fortitude to be brave from time to time.

The patient approach he often plays with in an Arsenal shirt needs to be the velvet glove that couches the threatening iron fist. Yeah, he'll miss some shots and have some dribbles not go his way but I'd rather that than a game where he has 100% pass accuracy and the odd duel win but no shots or substantial attempted key passes.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Hopefully he can build up his fitness & confidence in the Europa League.
Feel very sorry for him with all the injuries but although opportunities here have been limited he has never really grabbed the chance or shown 'enough' when given.
On loan last season it took months to show half decent form in a weak Dutch league. You simply won't get that luxury nowadays here or at any big club tbh.

Unless he really kicks on this season & at least sets the Europa League on fire I highly doubt he will be offered a new contract.
What I will say is there is a spot to grab now Pepe has gone & ESR is out.
Like others have said though he may need to step down & see if he can work his way back up.
He obviously has takent so my guess is that he will likely go to the championship or abroad.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's got two months to make any kind of good impression and I really hope he can. I thought he was the main man at youth level and he's been bypassed by a handful of his youth peers. Just do it Reiss.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol oh sh*t it's actually poised for another redemption arc init?

Let's go, could do with another one. It's all up to you Reiss but hopefully Arteta gives something, anything.

bonzka

Mikel on Reiss

“We think the potential is there and we think we’ve seen something in Reiss that is special. He’s been a part of our academy system. He’s been out for almost three months with an injury, he’s fully fit and he’s ready to play.”

Unlock it Reiss, if you want it enough.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Mikel on Reiss

“We think the potential is there and we think we’ve seen something in Reiss that is special. He’s been a part of our academy system. He’s been out for almost three months with an injury, he’s fully fit and he’s ready to play.”

Unlock it Reiss, if you want it enough.
I think he desperately wants it, but has he got it? So far I haven't seen it, but tonight is a new chance for him. Probably the last one.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
At this stage in hoping he gets a goal of assist anyway he can.

Needs to build up that confidence.

Sadly I don't think Mikel is the right man manager for him right now. He needs an arm around the shoulder kinda guy, like what Carlo did with Vini.

No sense in giving him detailed instructions and patterns when his head had been gone like it has.

Unlike Eddie and Saka that thrive from the pressure and structure, Nelson needed to move but the injuries stopped that.

Wished he stayed at feynord.

Alas, life's given him another Crack at it, hope he wakes up.
Sadly Mikel isn't that kind of guy...

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2022-10-06 kl. 13.12.28.png
    Skærmbillede 2022-10-06 kl. 13.12.28.png
    677.5 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom