• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Sounds like the penny has finally dropped for Reiss. His season with Feyenoord provably gave him new impetus.

Someone mentioned on here that the very act of him being sent on instead of Eddie kind of demonstrates that Arteta has found renewed belief in him.

I really hope it works for him & he can prove he can be a useful player for us.

I really respect the fact he wants to stay & play for the club he loves...let's hope he can produce more performances like Forest.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mixed game IMO. Very bright when he had the ball but didn't have it enough. Looks far hungrier though and played a crucial role in the attack that led to our only goal. Some good defensive play and the odd good carry. Just wish he'd have got some more end product tonight.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Typical Nelson that. Club can’t be fooled into giving him a new deal, just not the level we need sadly.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
At least we got 2 goals. After watching that performance can't say I'm expecting anything else

Really needs to do what Nketiah did and bribe a Chelsea defender so he can demand 100k from the club and then relax knowing he's settled

blaze_of_glory

Very good in the first half, a bit quiet in the second. Seems more dangerous on the right but I'm only going off the past two games on that.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
For me, he needs the ball more. Needs to trust himself more aswell. Whenever he went on a run he looked more dangerous.

Still needs to be braver and demand the ball more. Decent game but if he wants a deal he needs to be more than decent.
Eventually, I agree with you. Expecting all of that in his 2nd game after injury and rotting unused is unrealistic to me. He’s done positive things and looks like he’s finding his flow. I think he’s building positively right now. He looked ready to go when he was with our first team midfield and attack. Midfield quality today was lacking for me.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

For me, he needs the ball more. Needs to trust himself more aswell. Whenever he went on a run he looked more dangerous.

Still needs to be braver and demand the ball more. Decent game but if he wants a deal he needs to be more than decent.

2nd game is always tough when you haven't played as long as he has . He has quality though especially his passing in the final third . Not many in our team could have made that pass to Ben White for the goal .

Let's play Aubamawang

I imagine it's much easier to receive the ball consistently with Partey, Xhaka and Ødegaard behind you than with Lokonga, El Neny and Vieira. But the most important thing is to contribute even if it's not your most effective game, which he did.

I'm sure Arteta was pleased with his defensive contribution late on in the game when he was sure to be tired after suddenly playing so many minutes in a short space of time.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's going to get limited game time this season. It's asking a lot but games like this he's got to be really making an impact.

Still too timid / too happy to be on the periphery.

Wasn't that he was bad but you hoped after the Forest performance that would give him a bit of a boost.
Kind of 6 out of 10 stuff.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's going to get limited game time this season. It's asking a lot but games like this he's got to be really making an impact.

Still too timid / too happy to be on the periphery.

Wasn't that he was bad but you hoped after the Forest performance that would give him a bit of a boost.
Kind of 6 out of 10 stuff.
The way he plays, you put him in a central position (maybe 10) and you get the feeling that the rating would be slightly higher, but from a winger, you expect different things and doesn't look like he has that

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That Hazard-esque run to set up Nketiah was out if this world. I've always said he has the ability. The only thing holding him back is his mentality. He's always lacked that belief in himself like Martinelli and Saka does. Glad he's finally coming out of his shell.

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's looking very clean here
Every time he's featured in the first team up to now he's looked so stiff
Tbh he was already looking that way even in the academy. It was one of the things I had concerns about with him. Moved too stiff and mechanical. Chris Willock always looked more elegant and fluid with his movement from that group.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That Hazard-esque run to set up Nketiah was out if this world. I've always said he has the ability. The only thing holding him back is his mentality. He's always lacked that belief in themselves like Martinelli and Salad does. Glad he's finally coming out of his shell.
I think he knows it's now or never. Arteta obviously rates him but he needs more games like this because it's one thing to rate a player and another to trust them when it matters. Reiss will be important in the 2nd half of the season (IF we don't sign a winger that is) so there are extra stakes at play for him aswell.

Personally, I still think it's a little late in the day for him but I'm holding out hope. He's always had the ability, he's still one of the most technically skilled grads out of Hale End, up there with the very best we've produced. He needs to be more dominant like he showed in the first half highlights there. Demand the ball. Was frustrating seeing him not get his 1-2s. The 2nd string just don't have that extra zip. Nelson right now would fit in with the 1st XI in terms of the pace he can play at and that's probably his biggest advantage right now. Only issue is that he's a slightly awkward fit in Arteta's system. I don't know how well he will perform with a Zinchenko at LB for example because Nelson very much likes to drift inside, so I think he will suit Tierney more. He could go back on the right but I really think the LW is his calling.

EDIT: I think #10 in a second striker role is his true calling but failing that, LW cutting inside is the closest thing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
6b227-16408098773156-1920.jpg

latest

Not surprised Reiss has gone up a level this season, tbh.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom