• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This the type of games he need regularly to put up numbers on the board or the mustard just ain’t gonna be cut imo

Why is this the type of game that he needs to, I don't know, make 2 assists and score in?

Do teams normally score 3 or 4 away from home in Europe? Or in the PL?

Saliba conceded 2. Should we say this is the type of game he should be keeping a clean sheet in.

Saka didn't score or assist and hes on another level. Shouldn't we say this is a game he should show on a European stage that he is elite?

A lot of people seem to think we should just turn up away from home against Sporting and win 3 or 4-0. That isn't reality and never has been.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Why is this the type of game that he needs to, I don't know, make 2 assists and score in?

Do teams normally score 3 or 4 away from home in Europe? Or in the PL?

Saliba conceded 2. Should we say this is the type of game he should be keeping a clean sheet in.

Saka didn't score or assist and hes on another level. Shouldn't we say this is a game he should show on a European stage that he is elite?

A lot of people seem to think we should just turn up away from home against Sporting and win 3 or 4-0. That isn't reality and never has been.

Yeah I’ve might have been a bit harsh, Sporting is a good team. I meant more like I except somewhat of a regular output from Nelson when he gets his chances from now on

As someone else aptly put it, it’s sink or swim time

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah I’ve might have been a bit harsh, Sporting is a good team. I meant more like I except somewhat of a regular output from Nelson when he gets his chances from now on

As someone else aptly put it, it’s sink or swim time
Yeah but even the best players don't have a 100% contribution rate.

Kane doesn't score every game. Nor does Haaland. So to expect Nelson to come out of the blue, win us the match against Bournemouth and then play tonight, away from home against a much more dangerous opponent and to score and assist is just not realistic.

It has to be an average. Obviously if he plays a part in the last 12 games and a few EL ones, say 15 games in total, I would expect a few goals and assists. But just like I wouldn't call him the next Messi, if he scored a hat trick against Fulham, I'm not gonna say he's rubbish because he didn't score last night.

I do agree these next few months will dictate what happens with him. But let's see.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Want to give Reiss Nelson a shout out after the weekend's game where he came in really late. Was watching the highlights and one thing he gives us playing on the wing is someone who can really take it to the touchline and create something. The way he rolled the defender and shielded the ball passing it to, I think, Ødegaard for a rally open chance was just impressive. Hope he gets more chances to play down the line!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Want to give Reiss Nelson a shout out after the weekend's game where he came in really late. Was watching the highlights and one thing he gives us playing on the wing is someone who can really take it to the touchline and create something. The way he rolled the defender and shielded the ball passing it to, I think, Ødegaard for a rally open chance was just impressive. Hope he gets more chances to play down the line!
Yep. He's being asked to play a pretty straightforward role on the wing and he's doing a pretty good job of it at the moment. Not getting as many chances to come inside where he does his best work but he's finally using his dribbling aggressively. Need more cutbacks and less crosses though like on the weekend.

Tomb Bombadil

...calm your tits mate, he's clearly gonna play at least one more game!
If he doesn' get the nod in front of an ill Saka when we are 3-0 up it could get difficult. Didn't understand why Arteta didn't bring Nelson on.

If Nketiah is back I guess he won't be even on the bench anymore.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I've got full confidence in Nelson getting enough games to earn a medal.

This kid is absolute class. And Im not just talking about the Bournemouth and Forest heroics, it doesnt take long to see that we have a gem right before us, you just have to watch him play. Which we just cannot lose for peanuts.

Arteta knows more about the squad situation than I do, but Jesper Lindstrom over Reiss? Nah, get out of here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We could do a lot worse than keeping Reiss around. You'll struggle to find someone who'll be happy to be a clear backup. We're fortunate now that we've got Trossard who's challenging. But also now with Reiss who can play right or left if needed. Imagine how much you'd have to spend to sign someone as good as Reiss, who'd be willing to be a backup and who can make the impact he can. Hopefully we can get him a new deal.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I had given up on Nelson's prospects as an Arsenal player long ago, but right now I'm in favor of keeping him and not signing someone else in his place. He looks like he could be a late bloomer. His skillset is pretty impressive, he just needed to be more physically fit to be more explosive and be more aggressive, and he's trending towards that direction. Versatility is huge for our system and he offers that by being able to play on both wings.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I would like him to stay, but I cant help but thinking it could be a similar situation to AMN. Plays well when played, Arteta talks him up & compliments him, says he wants him to stay, only for him to be forgotten about again & sent out on sh*tty loans.

Reiss talent seems bigger than AMN, but I still think Arteta will buy another winger for next season. Reiss is PL starting quality imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom