• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He seems to be playing well lately. Scored a few in his last 5 games or so I recall. He’s in a good bit of form.

I always thought he was a player that thrives on confidence. Hopefully he has the belief he needs to have in himself because he has the tools to do well.
Agree, he's steadily improved since the start of the year and every game so far has been better than the last. It's good to see him get a run of starts and turn in good performances. I still think he's missing that extra bit of belief though. Leaning back on shots (never used to do that), slowing down on dribbles at times and opting to pass etc. There's an extra step he needs to take if he's gonna go down the winger route still, although I think there's a future for him in a central position if he wants it.

His next move will be a vital one. Staying at Feyenoord isn't the worst idea in the world. They'll probably lose Sinisterra as he's next up for a big move IMO so Nelson could end up on the other wing to take his spot next season. That said, I think he needs a bigger challenge. Bundesliga is a shout, he did well there before. Maybe he stays in England next year - Fulham perhaps?

Part of me would still like him to stay here at Arsenal, as silly as it sounds. I still think there's a huge player in there and we could do something with him, but I think it's highly unlikely with a year left on his deal and the likes of Hutchinson/Taylor-Hart/Flores now on the come up.

Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
What he needs is consistent game time and I don’t think he will get that here. Fair to him if he stays and fights it out for a spot but as long as Arteta is here I don’t see any room or Reis in the team. He’s arguably a more talented player than Smith Rowe and Saka both when he was in the academy but his development stalled or something else has happened to him mentally or emotionally to halt his progress.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only reason I know he's doing alright is cause of his scores on Sorare which meant his price has gone up 📈 lol.

They use Opta to determine the ratings so I would say they are reliable.

1649953230436.png

1649953323441.png

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Having a tough game tonight. Seeing all the things I hate to see in a Nelson game - not getting passed to, fluffing decent shooting ops for no reason, slipping over every 5 mins. Doing some diligent defending though. Hopefully has a much better 2nd half. Bit of a mad game though, 2 mistakes led to both goals. 1-1.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I see he played last night again, don't know how be did. Hopefully he can get to the final with Feyenoord, preferably against Marseille for maximum Arsenal representation. Haven't seen the draw though so not sure if that's even possible.

DasBootist

If he keeps improving I can see him being reintegrated into the Arsenal first team. I would be delighted by that

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Goal and assist today. I watch the 1st half and he wasn't that involved compared to recently but he's getting involved in pivotal attacking moves and delivering end product. Could have had 2 goals and 2 assists today in all honesty.

He's starting to ask questions now, this is good.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Pepe's probably gone in the summer. Would you rather we spend on an expensive attacker (on top of the forward we already need) or give Nelson a chance?

I’d rather we spent on an expensive attacker. Looks like we’ll be signing Jesus and another striker so Jesus is going to be a RW option if Pepe goes in any case.

Anyway, Nelson has 1 year left on his contract and with this run of form he’s never going to renew and come back here to sit on the bench. We will sell him this summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pepe's probably gone in the summer. Would you rather we spend on an expensive attacker (on top of the forward we already need) or give Nelson a chance?
A LOT needs to happen for Nelson to remain at Arsenal IMO. I'd love it too for sentimental reasons but we'll have to see come the Summer. I'd be surprised (and pleasantly intrigued) if Arteta moved to keep him.

If Nelson is smart, he goes to a team in need of his skills, preferably in a more central-ish role. He needs to continue this run of games and it's unlikely he does that at Arsenal unless he comes back from Feyenoord, absolutely blitzes everyone in preseason 3 times over and convinces Arteta to start him at either LW or one of the 8 roles (they will never bench Saka) and even then, Arteta might still bench him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nelson getting Pepe minutes ain’t gonna do him any good. The boy needs to play and develop. He is behind in experience to a lot of players his age. He needs stability and play week in week. This is the first season he does it

Top Bottom