• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought it was an April Fools but apparently this is legit.

I mean, it's not the worst loan but it's not a very competitive league over there. I'd prefer a bit more of a tougher challenge for him. From the sound of this article, doesn't sound like they plan on moving him on, which is good for me as I'd irrationally keep him of course, but still a bit strange.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Awful loan. Doesn't increase his value or readiness for Premier League football.

He needs a Premier League or Championship loan.
He can’t get in a pl team though and the championship may expose him. I think smaller European league is best option

GDeep™

League is very weak
Horrendous loan. What does going to a terrible league do for him? It’s like you’re stalling your career for a year.

It’s make or break time. Either he pushes to leave or the club send him somewhere to get him ready for one last push at Arsenal. He’s pushing 22, that’s not young for an attacker.

He can get into PL squads - Newcastle, Fulham, Brighton, Sheffield, Palace etc.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This has to work for us as well. Sending him off to a farmers league does nothing for his value.

He explodes at a Championship or Premier League team his value holds or increases.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He struggled in Germany on his last loan. I wouldn't want to send him away for him to get home sick and affect his confidence even more. Yes, he's a pro but he's also still a kid and maturing. If he's going on loan then it should be within the PL.

7 goals in 630 minutes of playing is impressive.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

7 goals in 630 minutes of playing is impressive.
The stat doesn’t tell everything. He started to get few goals early on. But his performance was never good and he never nailed a starting place. He was invincible most of the time and games was passing him by

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again not going on loan to championship is waste of 6 month what did he gain staying here after January?

billyf

This could turn up well for him, imo. Nelson is a winger, he needs to play in a league where he could score easily. Also, he might play in the CL with them.

Ciscoo

I wish we could sell him to a bottom half PL team with a buyback clause. Set a cheap price to lower the clause.

The time to loan him was this season IMO. We’d have to extend his contract now, which doesn’t exactly pile the pressure on.

He needs to play at a good level and his club needs an incentive to develop him.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I still don't understand why we couldn't have sent him out to a Fulham, Sheff Utd or even Brentford.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
A loan is pointless for him. He should look to leave permanently for the sake of his career. Lower pl or top championship would be a good move for him, Bundesliga too.

Impact

Established Member
Nelson needs guaranteed consistent playing time at a competitive level to build his confidence and fitness. When that happens, we’ll see a true reflection on his ability.

I’m big on his talent but less big in his and the club’s career planning. My preferred option is a championship loan but if not, it has to be to a to a better league than Greece: La Liga, Ligue 1, the Bundesliga and the Eredivisie are all good options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom