• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Nelson also been training so hard in Greece with willock.
Yeah. him and Willock look like they're training for war in Mykonos :lol:

Wouldn't think he's leaving based on him putting his house up for sale. Could be moving somewhere else in the capital. More interesting is that I was wrong - Benge confirmed Romano's story that Nelson's contract, in fact, does come to an end in 11 months with no further option for an extra year. That means it really is crunch time, so there's a real likelihood he's outta here. Like Eddie, they're only doing it to protect his value but there's no real indication (unfortunately IMO) that they plan on doing anything with him. Will be interesting seeing this situation play out.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. him and Willock look like they're training for war in Mykonos :lol:

Wouldn't think he's leaving based on him putting his house up for sale. Could be moving somewhere else in the capital. More interesting is that I was wrong - Benge confirmed Romano's story that Nelson's contract, in fact, does come to an end in 11 months with no further option for an extra year. That means it really is crunch time, so there's a real likelihood he's outta here. Like Eddie, they're only doing it to protect his value but there's no real indication (unfortunately IMO) that they plan on doing anything with him. Will be interesting seeing this situation play out.

And iirc he didn't get a single minute after Christmas, not one single minute.

God give me strength.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
And iirc he didn't get a single minute after Christmas, not one single minute.

God give me strength.

He got a last minute start against Newcastle in the Cup way back in January. Think it was possibly Martinelli, who got injured in the warm up, that he replaced. All you could here was Arteta barking his name for an hour and we haven't seen him since.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Why you offering new contract for guy who played little football last 2 years? Of course just like Eddie he ain't accepting just sell the teams that interest in capable giving us 10m
He’s more likely to renew imo. We haven’t been at fault when it comes to blocking this guy. I’m not sure why he has rejected two loans. A club in such disaster doesn’t have time to play someone who isn’t battle hardened at all.

If I was him I would renew and go out on loan to a promoted PL side. Brentford is perfect. I want him to succeed here, he has the tools.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why you offering new contract for guy who played little football last 2 years? Of course just like Eddie he ain't accepting just sell the teams that interest in capable giving us 10m
If I was him I would take the new contract it’s higher than any contract he would get if we sold him. Take pay rise and go out on loan. In the future if we want to sell he can demand I ain’t leaving with pay cut and Arsenal has to compensate him

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He’s more likely to renew imo. We haven’t been at fault when it comes to blocking this guy. I’m not sure why he has rejected two loans. A club in such disaster doesn’t have time to play someone who isn’t battle hardened at all.

If I was him I would renew and go out on loan to a promoted PL side. Brentford is perfect. I want him to succeed here, he has the tools.
Brentford would be ideal, indeed.

Tbf though, unless we are offering significantly more money, he doesn't have much reason to accept a contract extension and go on loan. He doesn't look likely to make it here at this point, he's got so many people in front of him (Saka, Pepe, ESR, Martinelli). Then again it's reported he rejected loan offers last winter so perhaps he's a bit delusional...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Reiss doesn’t sign one has to begin to question the management and how they are handling our crop of young players. We actually have a good amount of hale end and other young players who seem to be going nowhere under this management over the last 2 years.

Nelson, Willock, Guendouzi, Saliba, Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Balogun and to a lesser extent Nketiah. That is a very decent core of young players for one team to have at the same time.

We should be making better decisions about these players and Arsenal future. I don’t think Edu and Arteta know what they are doing as it pertains to developing talent that is here.

We are losing talent and by extension also possible income from the devaluation of these players due to management decisions.
Nelson didn't want to go out on loan. He should have done so. Look at the lift it gave Willock. Guendouzi's issues are well-documented. It is too simple to just blame the management.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good news. Even if he is as good as some people on here say here is, there is still Pepe, Saka and Martinelli ahead of him for the foreseeable future, he's never getting a game here. If we can get anything close to 10m it's a great deal all things considered.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All 3 teams i think will give him good minutes crystal Palace don't have wingers Brentford don't know if thier wingers have good quality Brighton too apart from tossard

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I wouldn't mind a reasonable sale for Reiss or an extension + loan. As others have said, he far down the pecking order here and staying will just stagnate him further

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Fingers crossed he goes to Palace, would love that move. Hopefully it is a loan and he signs a renewal so he comes back after the loan - I can't have all the players I like being sold :rolleyes:. But if he must go then so be it, hopefully it is at Palace. They're up the road from me so if both him and AMN go there along with Olise and Zaha in their attack, I might have to go watch a few games! :lol:

Disappointing really. The Hale Enders are the only main players in this team I actively like and root for outside of a select few and we're gonna lose most of them this Summer. Next season is not gonna be as positive for me as I would have hoped.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope a loan can have the same impact has it had on Willock and ESR. He is too good for reserves. Time to go out and show your talent.

DasBootist

Hope Arteta ends up regretting this. Signing Willian without even giving Nelson a chance is a sign of good management.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wouldn't mind a reasonable sale for Reiss or an extension + loan. As others have said, he far down the pecking order here and staying will just stagnate him further

Yup.

Like @bingobob said earlier, just move them on and slap a buy back or a sell on on him. @MutableEarth out of the options, which suits him best? I feel Viera is too defensive for him to play for, but I don't know how well he'd do for Brighton...

EDIT: Just saw you replied above me :facepalm:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fingers crossed he goes to Palace, would love that move. Hopefully it is a loan and he signs a renewal so he comes back after the loan - I can't have all the players I like being sold :rolleyes:. But if he must go then so be it, hopefully it is at Palace. They're up the road from me so if both him and AMN go there along with Olise and Zaha in their attack, I might have to go watch a few games! :lol:

Disappointing really. The Hale Enders are the only main players in this team I actively like and root for outside of a select few and we're gonna lose most of them this Summer. Next season is not gonna be as positive for me as I would have hoped.
Usually great atmosphere at Selhurst Park, always liked that stadium.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yup.

Like @bingobob said earlier, just move them on and slap a buy back or a sell on on him. @MutableEarth out of the options, which suits him best? I feel Viera is too defensive for him to play for, but I don't know how well he'd do for Brighton...

EDIT: Just saw you replied above me :facepalm:
All 3 are good options IMO. Brighton is probably the better option in terms of play style but I don't know if Potter starts him ahead of Trossard and co (personally I would but biases). As long as he plays IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom