• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
For his sake he needs to move on and not on loan. He's making a lot of weird decisions regarding his career though, his advisors should have done a much better job.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well if that is his 'mansion' pictured there is no way we should offer him significantly more money. Kid is obvs on way too much anyhow:D.
Oh I'm sure he is, but the business is the business, hah.

As my cousin said the other day when we drove past Valencia's training camp near our beach house in Oliva: 'Hey look, it's 20 year old millionaires wearing shorts' 😂

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
tenor.gif

I mean, he'll play in Europe but that's not exactly a strong league. The biggest pro is that at least it'll be easier to build up his confidence which is his biggest issue. For me, his ability isn't in question, but he needs to start feeling himself again. Maybe mowing over some putty over in Greece will give him what he needs.

That said, I'd so much rather he waits for something a bit more competitive. One of them German clubs will surely come in for him, I'd rather that. I do think he should also consider the Championship. It's a step down, sure, but it's no less competitive than going to Greece :lol:.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The biggest pro is that at least it'll be easier to build up his confidence which is his biggest issue.
I'm not trying to have a go at you, because I love Nelson and it's been hard for me to accept his downfall when he looked to me our most talented English academy prospect since Wilshere, but given the lack of interest, perhaps it's time to consider that confidence isn't the only issue here but also real, translatable ability.

One of them German clubs will surely come in for him, I'd rather that
This seems a rather hopeful remark, I don't think we can say this will 'surely' happen at all, based on the interest reported for him this summer and the lack of interest for him last winter. It might be time to start considering that Nelson just doesn't have the ability / personality at the pro level required and for that reason isn't getting interest. A loan to Greece is the kind of move the prospects who are on their way out of the elite level of Europe like Akpom, Nwakali, or Aneke make... :/

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Benge keeps saying his contract ends next summer so why would we loan him out? I can’t imagine he’ll sign a new one.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The only money right now is in the PL, if he goes aboard, goes well and then foreign clubs want him, they'll end up low balling.

Compare that with the lies of Leicester, West ham, Aston villa, Leeds, all mid table teams but have more spending power then cl teams aboard. Then think about Buendia for £40m, that Brentford player who went to West ham for £25m.

We neednto loan players in the PL and championship.

Kysus

I really do not want to sell Reiss and finding him a good loan(while extending his contract) should be a priority.
You do not just give up on someone as talented as him, still only 21.

mirrorstare

He knows it won't get better than Arsenal for his career, hence the weird moves.

He's basically a Frimpong regen at this point. A tour on random East European teams is on the horizon for this guy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Reiss' turn down moves to the Championship and Germany in January?

Bizarre move this, we should just try and sell him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is the lack of interest Covid related and clubs would rather gamble on their on young players? Nelson can’t be that poorly thought of that a Greek side is his best option.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just don't see the logic in going to Greece. He seems insecure and in need of confidence. Sending him off to a far away country he knows little about is probably not the best way to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom