<

Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 24, 2019.

1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

Don't think anyone would pay £25m for him in the current environment.

2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Don't think so either, but I don't think we should sell for less than that. I'd much prefer to keep him anyway.

Symbia and Gooner416 like this.
  3. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Get out while you can, Reiss.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

He’s played little or no English football though. Think he needs to get to grips with the game here, so we can decide his level and potential.

yorch44 likes this.
  5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Potter certainly. I feel he’d also improve his off the ball game hugely under Bielsa but given his treatment of Eddie and the fact they have Harrison & Costa it would be a risk.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

7. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Keep him away from Dyche, Burnley and their "white lives matter" banners.

8. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Reiss for a season to Potter sounds ideal tbh, especially if he likes the idea.

tcahill, sykesy69, Red London and 3 others like this.
  9. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Brighton or Southampton if i would decide.

truth_hurts, Red London and DanDare like this.
  10. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Brighton would be an ideal move if he does go out on loan.

I think Graham Potter is a really decent manager. He's got Brighton playing some good, progressive football too. Reiss could really thrive there for a season.

He's too black for Burnley, so I think we can discount that move out of hand :lol:

11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Needs a loan where he plays to really flourish and fulfil his potential

yorch44 likes this.
  12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Southampton Brighton and Crystal Palace all excellent choice but he should choose team that he got chance to start games.

BenTal, truth_hurts and Red London like this.
  13. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

So how does it work? He is in Arteta's plans for this season, and all these clubs are just lining up for him without them being noticed he might be available?

Doesn't make much sense, seems more probable clubs have been noticed about it.

DanDare likes this.
  14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

With Brighton they play a similar formation to us so he’d probably slot in their front three of Maupay, Trossard and Connolly.

Maupay and Trossard are in very good form and a level above Reiss right now so he’d be competing with Connolly for a spot who has his moments tbf.

BenTal likes this.
  15. Tier 1: Martinelli and Saka > Future legends
    Tier 2: Reiss and Eddie > should fetch a decent price similar to Iwobi
    Tier3: AMN and Willock > waste of squad space

BenTal likes this.
  16. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

He needs to be playing almost every game, no prem team could guarantee that besides Fulham

yorch44 and Sebastes like this.
  17. MutableEarth

Surprised Fulham aren't in the conversation. He'd get the most game time there. Could arguably get into Brighton's attack if given the opportunity, and Southampton/Palace both have OK attackers so they'd have to move people around a little to fit him in or he wouldn't play.

Burnley - He wouldn't fit there stylistically.

I think he's gonna stay now. Not sure he gets unimpeded game time and that's really what he needs at the moment. Unless any of those teams want to take him and play him consistently, I'd be wary. I'd love him at Brighton though, provided he gets enough game time.

18. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

But why does he stay? Even Pepe & Saka don't get very much game time now.

Would easily mean a wasted year for him and for his contract. Well maybe in January then. A tough year in fixtures might be a reason of course.

Martinelli back next year so maybe a backup until then.

19. MutableEarth

I agree but everything points to Arteta wanting to keep as many players as possible for some reason, I think he wants the option to rotate. I think it's best for Reiss to go on loan personally, and while I'd prefer the PL as a loan, the bigger priority is that he needs constant game time and I'd consider the Championship or a return to the Bundesliga if that's a concrete possibility. We should only be entertaining teams that are going to play him often, otherwise he might as well stay. I think Brighton is the most shrewd option in terms of stature, coach, style of play and possible game time. It's not perfect (as @Rex Banter pointed out, the likes of Trossard and Connolly are decent attackers) but I back Nelson to take opportunities because I think he would offer them decent end product with consistent football.

Maybe and drippin like this.
  20. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Fwiw he’s probably better than Connolly but he puts in a mad level of effort for that side. Against Utd the kid was running non-stop so you’d wonder if Potter would want Nelson to do that if he gives him the start.

Trossard looks a right player though, absolutely shredded Utd and should have had a hat trick. Is at the heart of everything they do. Really do great business as a club.

I still think Saints would be a good fit, they’re trying to boot Boufal out and Hassenhuttl doesn’t seem to like Redmond for whatever reason.

Feel he’d be starting as an attacking midfielder with Stuart Armstrong.

Zazu and drippin like this.