<

Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 24, 2019.

1. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

I edited my post as I thought about it more.

But yeah, I think a tough year and Martinelli coming back next year might keep Nelson here until January, even if not enough games for him.

2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I'd like that - I would hope that Nelson gets minutes at Southampton. Really like Hassenhuttl and I think Nelson would be a great supporting attacker for Ings.

Rex Banter likes this.
  3. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Nelson in Southampton's 442?
    He would never play.

4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

They need an attacking midfielder. Hassenhuttl has tried Smallbone and Redmond this season but clearly doesn’t trust either.

He might not be nailed on but he’d be playing every week at worst for a team that has no chance of relegation.

5. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Hasenhüttel needs/wants more of an oldschool wide player for his system. They'll probably get Fraser.

6. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Ryan Fraser? He joined Newcastle a few weeks ago.

7. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Weird signing that, does not really fit with their system and Saint Maximin/Almiron.
    More of a Southhampton/Burnley/Emery player.

8. daron christie

daron christie Active Member

Not good enough too timid

9. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Don't give up. There is no substitute for quality. He has good technique and a very good engine. Plays the pressing game well. I would have kept him me, I feel he is very close. He certainly wouldn't have done an worse than nice boy willan against liverpool.

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Do you think he plays off the left for them or upfront just behind Ings?

11. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Think he'd be fantastic at Burnley.

12. Wilshero

Wilshero Active Member

I've said from the start that I want him to go to Brighton. I've been following Graham Potter since he was managing in the lower leagues in Sweden and he is an amazing coach when it comes to player development. The team he beat us with at the Emirates was a team of misfits and outcasts ffs.

Backing him 100 percent to unlock Nelsons potential.

lomekian, AbouCuéllar and sykesy69 like this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Think he'd become depressed and home sick in Burnley. Guess he could live in Manchester for the season

14. Zazu

Zazu Active Member

You watched southhampton much recently? They don't play an old school wide 4-4-2, its much closer to the noughties Brazil 'magic square' with both wingers coming very narrow in build-up play, almost as number 10s.

Could definitely see Nelson doing a job there next to Armstrong, especially as Hassenhutl doesn't seem to fancy Redmond as other posters have said.

Also Fraser has signed for Newcaslte, no?

Sebastes and Rex Banter like this.
  15. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Yeah as @Zazu says they’re not really wingers in his system. That Brazilian “magic square” is a great way of describing it.

Both full backs do a lot of work out wide but the midfield “wingers” basically play in the half spaces as attacking midfielders.

It’d be him and Armstrong getting involved in the build up play for Ings and Adams/Obafemi. It’s an unusual system but it wouldn’t just be stay wide and whip it in.

Zazu likes this.
  16. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Any links to Norwich? A footballing team chasing promotion.

17. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

It's a tough 1 I think, as ideally you want him to get regular game time, but when the Europa League kicks in that's actually every week apart from an international break in November, so the schedule would mean him getting games at least until Xmas

18. senna

senna Well-Known Member

Sending him to Burnley would be like the time we sent Gnabry to Pulis at West Brom. Thankfully they now have a loan manager to ensure this type of thing doesnt happen.

truth_hurts likes this.