• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just don't see the logic in going to Greece. He seems insecure and in need of confidence. Sending him off to a far away country he knows little about is probably not the best way to proceed.
Precisely. That’s why I am hoping he ends up in Germany. He’s been there before, and i think it would be an easier transition. Also not sure that being in a high pressure situation with a Greek or Turkish (all these rumours) club would help his confidence, even assuming he gets enough playing time.

Underhill

Benge keeps saying his contract ends next summer so why would we loan him out? I can’t imagine he’ll sign a new one.
Then we wont loan him out. If we loan him out it is because we got him for 2 more years or that he signs an extension.

Those saying this is an odd move, i reacted the same way as you. What i could imagine doing him good is to go to a place where he ONLY has football to focus on and in a league where his talent will be above most of the opponents. I'd prefer to see him in the championship though (don't think he is premier league starter quality right now).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Not sure how true it is but we are supposedly ready to offer Leicester Nelson and AMN for the services of Maddison. If I'm Reiss, I'm grabbing that opportunity to go Leicester. Leicester need wingers and I think a coach like Rodgers would be good for Nelson's development. I hope he grows up and goes there.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
tenor.gif

I mean, he'll play in Europe but that's not exactly a strong league. The biggest pro is that at least it'll be easier to build up his confidence which is his biggest issue. For me, his ability isn't in question, but he needs to start feeling himself again. Maybe mowing over some putty over in Greece will give him what he needs.

That said, I'd so much rather he waits for something a bit more competitive. One of them German clubs will surely come in for him, I'd rather that. I do think he should also consider the Championship. It's a step down, sure, but it's no less competitive than going to Greece :lol:.
Don't worry bro. Franck Ribery was at Galatastry at 22 and he retired to be one of the best wingers of his generation.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Go to the Championship you knob. Am done with Nelson and his lack of IQ now. He's obviously talented, but has poor on and off pitch decision making.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This guy is actively trying to kill his own career which makes me wonder if he just wants to quit playing altogether to just be a hanger-on in Sancho's entourage.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure how true it is but we are supposedly ready to offer Leicester Nelson and AMN for the services of Maddison. If I'm Reiss, I'm grabbing that opportunity to go Leicester. Leicester need wingers and I think a coach like Rodgers would be good for Nelson's development. I hope he grows up and goes there.
That's almost a dream move tbh - I'd be pleasantly surprised albeit bittersweet. I doubt there's substance to it but Leicester are pretty light on the wings. A decent run there and he could be set.

I'm very anxious to see how this summer plays out for Nelson - he really needs a good move, loan or otherwise.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Go to the Championship you knob. Am done with Nelson and his lack of IQ now. He's obviously talented, but has poor on and off pitch decision making.
That would be a very good move, provided it is with the right club. Plenty of games week in week out. Then there is the domestic cups as well. The Championship is a very good proving ground for young talent.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He has about 12 years left in his career. He can afford to goto Greece be amazing and move. Be the big fish in a little pond.

As long as he is playing football he is giving himself the best opportunity at a long and financially rewarding career.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's almost a dream move tbh - I'd be pleasantly surprised albeit bittersweet. I doubt there's substance to it but Leicester are pretty light on the wings. A decent run there and he could be set.

I'm very anxious to see how this summer plays out for Nelson - he really needs a good move, loan or otherwise.

I’d push for Brighton if I were him. Collection of average strikers and no wide players so they have to use wing backs.

Even if he was sh*t he’d play a lot.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Kid has ability but that is not all it takes.

Could be the new Gnabry, JET, Joel Campbell who knows?
Or maybe a wasted talent like Pennant?

If a prem club wont take him go to the Championship.
He needs minutes
That is more competitive than the greek league.
Sunshine & European football may appeal more tbf?

Perhaps his mentality is lacking or just low on confidence.
I think Arteta likes him but when you have Saka & Pepe ahead of you unless you produce you are not gonna be picked.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Loan with obligation could suit us if we could convince palace Nelson should grab this great opportunity to play for young team.

I don't expect anything other than loan for Nelson hardly played last 2 seasons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom