• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Let's play Aubamawang

He may have lots of experience, but based on recent performances, it is staggering that Willian started once again while poor Reiss has to watch from home. Apart from improving his dead ball crossing, I don't see what more the lad can do to make Arteta take notice.

If we lose a lad with his talent because of Arteta's stubbornness, then I will be joining the malcontents calling for him to go. Signing and starting journeymen who offer very little in the twilight of their careers over someone considerably younger, cheaper, and incredibly talented just makes no logical sense to me...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How he was not in bench at least i mean he won't change a game but having him on bench it could give us options

If Nelson and Pepe are not better than Willian in the training they should quit football. And if Arteta is ignoring them because Kia and Edu hold gun to his head and tell him to start Willian then Arteta should do what is right and quit the job and highlight that.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Maybe Nelson is injured. Cause if he was fit and didn't even make the bench, then that is a big issue.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

So it seems he was injured this weekend, and Arteta perhaps didn't leave him out of his own choice.
That's at least a little band-aid on a near-amputated leg.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

So it seems he was injured this weekend, and Arteta perhaps didn't leave him out of his own choice.
That's at least a little band-aid on a near-amputated leg.

Don't think so. He's knocked his head in training. Would be weird to miss two matches because of that unless he had concussion

Can't catch a break

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Don't think so. He's knocked his head in training. Would be weird to miss two matches because of that unless he had concussion

Can't catch a break
tenor.gif

Can you not just let me be at peace for a second?!

Pyres7

Picks up another injury right before a EL game. He's got some really bad luck.

Meanwhile Arteta doesn't even trust him on the bench in the league. Send him on loan in January. This season is a waste of time anyway.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So EL group stage passed and Nelson has done nothing really to stake a claim for himself in a position where he really should be doing so (Willian and Pepe very, very weak competition for a top club).

Hard for me to be as optimistic as @MutableEarth , starting to feel that Nelson has the brain of a Nathan Redmond, Demarai Gray* level footballer, not that of a top one.

(Wanted to mention another whose name I've forgotten, left-footed inverted winger, his father was a professional footballer too, lots was expected of him and he did well for England youth levels...anyone know who I'm getting at?)

Jason Jace

So EL group stage passed and Nelson has done nothing really to stake a claim for himself in a position where he really should be doing so (Willian and Pepe very, very weak competition for a top club).

Hard for me to be as optimistic as @MutableEarth , starting to feel that Nelson has the brain of a Nathan Redmond, Demarai Gray* level footballer, not that of a top one.

(Wanted to mention another whose name I've forgotten, left-footed inverted winger, his father was a professional footballer too, lots was expected of him and he did well for England youth levels...anyone know who I'm getting at?)
Wright Philips??

GDeep™

League is very weak

Tom Ince?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not worried anymore Reiss will make it here.
Can't think of a bad game he's had this season, been one of our stronger performers IMO. Needs to do something about them corners, but I think that's a team problem. He set-up Mari's goal the other day from a direct corner so that's an improvement.

Now fallen into ESR's problem of getting hurt at stupid times. Just needs to stay fit.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I never rated Nelson’s skills and technical ability. Saka looks more skillful to me back then when they were in the u23.
——————————————————————
@MutableEarth
Do you remember we had a discussion years ago on Nelson, Amaechi and Saka?

You said Nelson was more technical, Amaechi is more physical. And you think they will have better development and career than Saka.

I said I don’t think they will become top talent. But if I have to pick one, saka is the best player out of the three. He uses his skills better, and he is smarter with his movement.

Now, Saka is not at Sancho/Odoi level. He is great but not regarded a top talent. Nelson’s and Amaechi are clearly not as good as saka. Which is exactly what I have predicted.
——————————————————————
Back then when Gnabry was here, I was very angry when we kept playing walcott/chamberlain/podolski/campbell but not Gnabry.

Other fans seems fine with that, they don’t get why i was so angry, they don’t rate him because of his injury. But what I saw is that every time he was on the pitch, he produced something smart and intelligent.

It’s just like how I see van persie. Some people said Van Persie only had good few years at Arsenal. I disagree. In his early years, whenever he was not injured, he produced some magical performance.

Just by looking at his dribbling skills, techniques and football intelligence, you know he is a world class player. Same for Gnabry, I don’t get why people will not rate a player just because he has an injury.
@MutableEarth
—————————————————————
I never rated Nketiah and willock at u23. People were hyping them and I stand by what I think. Now people have had enough of them.
@MutableEarth
—————————————————————
I believe Matt Smith and Hutchinson will become good players. Let’s see what is going to happen in the future.
@MutableEarth
—————————————————————
Jeff and Burton are the two I expected them to stay for longer. Maybe I’ve got it wrong for these two, but for most of the time, I’ve been pretty accurate.
@MutableEarth

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom